Imran Khan

PDF VETERAN
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

Brig Ali Khan charged with planning to attack GHQ with F16

By Shahid Abbasi - Mar 1st, 2012

Brig-ALi-KHan.jpg

Islamabad: Brigadier Ali Khan has been charged with conspiring to launch a strike with F-16 on GHQ during a Core Commanders Conference.

According to TheNewsTribe’s country owned Media Outlet BBC “Ali Khan has been charged on the basis of a claim by Major Sohail Akbar, an eyewitness in the case, in which he claimed the brigadier and some members of Hizb-ut-Tehrir had told him that the General Headquarters would be attacked with F-16 during the Core Commanders Conference or Formation Commanders meeting”

Major Sohail, in his written statement, told the army court that an F-16 pilot deployed at an airbase near Rawalpindi was also involved in the plot.

He added that a plan had also been made to attack US bases and installations of American security company Blackwater inside Pakistan with the same fighter aircraft.

The major admitted that he had been in contact with the members of Hizb-ut-Tehrir for the last seven years. He said that he first met with Brigadier Ali Khan during a meeting with Hizb-ut-Tehrir in July 2010. After that meeting I came to know that Hizb-ut-Tehrir with the help of Brigadier Ali Khan wanted to revolt against civilian and military leadership.

Major Sohail further claims Ali Khan told him that he would lead the array of armed people.

Major Sohail added that he had refused to take part in the conspiracy due to violence in the plan as Hizb-ut-Tehrir declared bloodshed as ‘haram’.

Earlier, Pakistan Army has begun court martial against its five officers, including Brigadier Ali Khan for their alleged links with a banned organisation Hizb-ut-Tehreer.

Sources said that the Court Martial proceedings against Brig Khan and four other officers started at the Sialkot Garrison on charges of having links with the proscribed outfit.

The sources said that the Court Martial was ordered after completion of summery of evidence against the army officers. Brig Ali Khan was arrested four months ago .

---------- Post added at 10:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 PM ----------

Brig Ali Khan charged with planning to attack GHQ with F16 | The News Tribe

damn so scary if he successful in his mission we was damaged unrecoverable :angry:

If the place where the army leadership or corps commanders meet is so easy to bomb/destroy, then I wonder what would happen during the war. Hopefully such high level meetings take place in underground and bomb-proof bunkers and it would not be easy to destroy it except with precision-guided penetration bombs like BLU-109s.

i don't think so we have secure bunkers in 150 years old GHQ i think they use conference rooms like other offices .

Try to see the side of the picture.......... Dont be the one who get fooled by the media and bastards.

To me it feels like a he is being implicated coz he came to know of sumthing that his bosses and their bosses doesnt like him to know.

Allah know the best and May Allah do the justice.Ameen

What a joke, to secure an F-16 to go around bombing Islamabad?

This is most likely a fabricated charge against him for trying to find out who in GHQ helped the Americans attack Abottabad.

If he the army did not have anything to hide it would have tried him in the courts, instead they rescinded his retirement approval in July, whereas he had submitted his retirement papers since April.

Post-retirement: LHC questions court martial against Brig Ali – The Express Tribune

RAWALPINDI: The Lahore High Court (LHC) has directed the army to explain whether or not Brigadier (retd) Ali Khan, accused of planning attacks on the general headquarters (GHQ), could be tried under army laws since he is no longer serving.

The LHC Rawalpindi bench was hearing a petition by Brig Ali against his court martial proceedings on Wednesday.

Justice Ijaz Ahmed directed Deputy Attorney General (DAG) Sardar Tariq Anis and Colonel Muhammad Tahir, a representative of the judge advocate general, to explain the status of the petitioner in a detailed report.

Advocate Colonel (retd) Inamur Raheem, representing Brig Ali, argued before the court that his client could not be tried under the Pakistan Army Act as he retired in April, last year, after the completion of his service.

In response, the DAG said that military authorities had held the retirement of Brig Ali in abeyance; therefore he was subject to army laws for trial.

The petitioner’s lawyer, however, rejected the DAG’s arguments, saying that there had been no precedent of stopping an individual from retiring after the completion of services.

The court directed the responding authorities to submit written comments by March 7 – the next date of hearing.

Sharing other details of Wednesday’s proceedings, Advocate Inam said the court also directed the military authorities to allow Brig Ali’s attorneys to see him at the Sailkot cantonment, where he was being tried by a Field General Court Martial.

He further said a cardiologist of Brig Ali’s choice had been allowed to see him and that the authorities had already permitted some relatives of the detained brigadier to visit him.

The military has been trying the retired officer on charges of having links with banned outfit Hizbut Tahrir (HT) and planning an attack on the GHQ, with the help of some civilians as well as a PAF pilot.

In his petition, Brig Ali said that he was being maligned only after he asked the military brass to fix responsibility for the May 2 raid of US special forces in Abbottabad.

“On May 5, I had urged the highest hierarchy in the military to fix responsibility on officers for the US raid. I also suggested that the army leadership should surrender their perks and privileges. After the conference, I was arrested and kept in solitary confinement,” Brig Ali claimed.

After his arrest, the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) had issued a press release saying that Brig Ali had been arrested for having links with the HT. The petitioner said that army investigators later charged him with planning to neutralise the top military and civil leadership to establish Khilafat in the country and to carry out an air raid on the GHQ using F-16s. Brig Ali has denied the allegations.

On the other hand, investigation officer (IO) of the case, Major Khawaja Kashif Saleem, in his statement before the trial court, alleged that the accused officer was introduced to HT’s activist Rizwan by Major Jawad Baseer in Islamabad in August 2008 and that Rizwan had asked for army support for Khilafat.

According to Saleem, the accused brigadier accepted Rizwan’s plan and was in constant touch with him and another activist, Abdul Qadir. He added that Brig Ali also kept persuading his colleagues to join the HT despite knowing it was a banned outfit.

The IO alleged that HT members, through Brig Ali, tried to neutralise the senior political and military leadership including the president, prime minister, and the chief of army staff.

Published in The Express Tribune, March 1st, 2012.

It's become fashionable in Pakistan to charge people with treason once they start asking difficult questions and that a retired Brigadier asked them... I am glad LHC took notice.

This is most likely a fabricated charge against him for trying to find out who in GHQ helped the Americans attack Abottabad.

If he the army did not have anything to hide it would have tried him in the courts, instead they rescinded his retirement approval in July, whereas he had submitted his retirement papers since April.

Its not impossible, 3-4 ppl can conspire and can do it, provided they have some authority.

It's become fashionable in Pakistan to charge people with treason once they start asking difficult questions and that a retired Brigadier asked them... I am glad LHC took notice.

May be possible, that he is framed...

Post-retirement: LHC questions court martial against Brig Ali – The Express Tribune

Asim,

First of all---army does not try a general level officer in the civilian courts----he has to face the court martial---. LHC has no jurisdiction in this matter---. Just because it doesn't look feasible did not mean it did not happen that way.

It could have worked----if he had the time and oppurtunity---then what would you people say----.

Hey---by the way---what happened with the democratic movement----.

trying to assault the GHQ with the help of some rogue officers i understand but trying to do a bombing of the headquarter while the corps commanders meeting is going on & that too with an loaded F-16 sorry, but i will have to agree with asim here,
this one sounds too far fetched

Some of the charges against EX-Brig Ali are nothing but related to the famous 'Mad Colonel dilemma' presented in Dr.Strangelove.
The taking control of F-16 and later using it for a specific targeting mission is very far from reality. Aircraft are not loaded with bombs on routine missions. There are at least 5-6 papers and levels that are passed on before loading the bomb onto an aircraft.

if i roughly wrote this procedure its starts from request of weapons by Sqn Cmdr/Flt Cmdr to Engg wing, then to Logistics. Once ordnance is received engg men (especially ground crew in 'fitting' sub section) load them onto the aircraft. Which is later signed by the engg officer, team lead of engg men, pilot etc.

Passing on all these levels and embarking weapons without following proper procedure isn't possible. Whosoever made these allegations might have added one more point in his list, but he/she should know that implementing these thoughts only by making acquaintance with an F-16 pilot is nothing but a joke itself.

In a nutshell, getting control of F-16 only by persuading its pilot is totally rubbish.

total NONSENSE story.... how a pilot takeoff F16 with loaded (bombs)

1, F16 inside Hanger
2, Load Bombs
3, takeout from Hanger
4, On the Runway
5, Takeoff with the help of Traffic Controller

What a story... single pilot game ?

Have to agree with Asim here, any one who criticizes the military command is conveniently tagged as a traitor. An aerial attack on GHQ doesn't make sense, when you can easily accomplish the task by poisoning the food, setting up a detonators with in GHQ, indiscriminate firing etc etc.

In a nutshell, getting control of F-16 only by persuading its pilot is totally rubbish.

Considering the level of Knowledge displayed by many Army officers where the PAF, Its hardware and its operations are concerned.
Im sorry to state that I found it mostly composed of ignorance.
While in this case it may have proved to be beneficial where this misled buffoon was concerned.
It will not help Army officers who expect too much out of their AF in a problem then complain about it to commissions.

Back
Top Bottom