What's new

Breaking News : Huge Explosion at Kabul Airport

Shots are fired at Kabul evacuation plane: Italian transport plane comes under fire during take-off - but is not damaged - hours after warning ISIS attack was imminent
Shots have been fired at an Italian military transport plane as it flew out of Kabul airport hours after a British minister warned an 'imminent' and 'lethal' ISIS attack was expected in the Afghan capital.

The C-130 plane was not damaged in the incident, a source from Italy's Defence Ministry added.

An Italian journalist traveling on the flight told Sky 24 TG that the plane had been carrying almost 100 Afghan civilians when it came under fire minutes after take-off.

Earlier, armed forces minister James Heappey said there is 'very credible reporting' of a 'severe' attack which could happen 'within hours' by ISIS-K, the sworn enemy of the Taliban who want to cause mayhem in the new regime.

The US, Britain and Australia had already told their citizens to flee the airport over the terror threat with Western forces still stationed at the transport hub, with a multiple car-bomb attack feared by officials.

The fears are heaping extra pressure on the operation to evacuate stranded foreigners, with Tuesday's deadline for foreign troops to leave fast approaching.

Meanwhile Afghans who had been told to stay away from Kabul airport are instead flocking to Pakistan and Iran in a bid to escape after the UK told them to head to the border, while many countries have announced they are ending their airlift operations from today.

Mr Heappey told BBC Radio 4 today: 'There is now very, very credible reporting of an imminent attack.

Twelve US service members killed - reports

Twelve US service members - 11 marines and a Navy medic - were killed in the airport attack, officials tell US media.

The deaths mark the first US military casualties in Afghanistan since February 2020.

I am not peddling anything but pointing out global consensus in relation.

"In 2014, Pakistani national Hafiz Saeed Khan was chosen to spearhead IS-K province as its first emir.3 Khan, a veteran Tehrik-e Taliban Pakistan (TTP) commander, brought along other prominent TTP members—including the group’s spokesman Sheikh Maqbool and many district chiefs—when he initially pledged allegiance to al-Baghdadi in October 2014. Many of these individuals were included in the first Khorasan Shura or leadership council.4

IS-K’s early membership included a contingent of Pakistani militants who emerged in Afghanistan’s Nangarhar province around 2010, just across the border from the former Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA) of Pakistan.5 Many of these militants were estranged members of TTP and Lashkar-e Islam, who had fled Pakistan to escape pressure from security forces.6 The appointment of Khan as IS-K’s first emir, and former Taliban commander Abdul Rauf Khadim as his deputy, further facilitated the group’s growth, utilizing long established recruitment networks in Afghanistan and Pakistan.7 According to the Combatting Terrorism Center at West Point, as of 2017, some members of Lashkar-e-Taiba, Jamaat-ud-Dawa, the Haqqani Network, and the Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan (IMU) had also defected to IS-K.8

IS-K has received support from the Islamic State’s core leadership in Iraq and Syria since its founding in 2015. As the Islamic State loses territory, it has increasingly turned to Afghanistan as a base for its global caliphate.9 Following IS-K’s official pledge of allegiance to the Islamic State’s global “ummah,” Islamic State wilayats (or provinces) in Iraq and Syria publicly announced their congratulations for the movement’s expansion into Central Asia through media statements and videos.10 To that end, the Islamic State has invested some financial resources in its Khorasan province—as much as several hundred thousand dollars—to improve its networks and organization in Central Asia.11 Additionally, a recent United Nations publication commented that “[ISIS] core continues to facilitate the relocation of some of its key operatives to Afghanistan,” including Abu Qutaiba, the Islamic State’s former leader in Iraq’s Salah al-Din province.12 Afghanistan remains a top destination for foreign terrorist fighters (FTFs) in the region, as well as for fighters leaving battlefields in the Levant.13 IS-K’s public affairs prowess, global prestige, and sustained resources facilitate the recruitment of these FTFs, drawing them away from other militant movements."

This information also comes from people who have investigated these groups in person or with support of others.

Nobody can come up with such detailed accounts from thin air.
go away, I mean it......... I have my own bleeding source and it far supersedes any crap you can bring cherry-picked online.

Reuters:
A White House meeting between US President Joe Biden and Israeli Prime Minister Naftali Bennett has been rescheduled while Biden holds talks regarding the explosions outside Kabul airport.

Exact figures remain unconfirmed but reports indicate that at least 60 Afghan civilians along with 12 members of the US military have been killed in the attacks.

Both figures are expected to rise.

No US casualty since February 2020 and today at least 12 US servicemen killed and 15 injured.

I'll give these a read and come back to you on this.
I have a question thought didn't US support Al-Qaeda in Afghanistan during the Soviet era ?
Please do.

Al-Qaeda Network was founded by Osama Bin Laden in 1988. It is true that this man and his followers were among the Mujahideen who resisted Soviets in Afghanistan. Osama was a Saudi billionnaire and wanted to contribute in these activities.

Mujahideen were not a single faction but composed of multiple like-minded factions which were united in the cause of ousting Soviets from Afghanistan. CIA and ISI helped shape this movement into a coherent fighting force (Operation Cyclone).

At the conclusion of the Soviet-Afghan War, Pakistani establishment of the time including COAS Zia ul Haq perished in an aircraft that crashed (assassinated?), and Americans abandoned Mujahideen to their fate. Nobody was willing to manage the Mujahideen further and this movement fell apart eventually; Mujahideen factions began to fight each other for spoils and territorial gains in Afghanistan.

Some of the Mujahideen banded together to establish Afghan Taliban and restore Order in Afghanistan. Mullah Omar and Mullah Baradar were co-founders of this relatively new movement.

Al-Qaeda Network shifted its focus on USA and its allies in the Middle East but were able to seduce Afghan Taliban and establish their base of operations in Afghanistan.

Live Pentagon

ISIS blamed twice, already. 12 'American Servicemen' killed. Only about 1000 American 'Citizens' left Afghanistan.

I have reports for 5th one too. This was a well coordinated attack. Despite the security provided by allied forces spoiler elements went through. Pray for Kabul.

My goodness me as per Arnab Goswami there is a secret deal between Taliban and the US... my goodness me ,,,

Mr. Arnab states at 5:00 mins that "The American have told the terrorists that as long as you extract the blood of other nationalities, the American have told the terrorists that as long as you kill people from other Countries and don't kill Americans its OK.... ":what:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom