What's new

BREAKING NEWS: Canada’s Population Grows by Over 1 Million for First Time!!!! (Annual expansion of 2.7%)

Get Ya Wig Split

Reaction score
Country
United States

Canada’s Population Grows by Over 1 Million for First Time​

• Annual expansion of 2.7% is fastest among advanced economies
  • Rush of newcomers strains housing market, health-care system

Canada’s population grew 2.7% in 2022, the fastest expansion among advanced economies and on par with many African nations.
The country added a record 1,050,110 people over a one-year period to Jan. 1, bringing the total population to 39,566,248, Statistics Canada reported Wednesday in Ottawa.

It marks the first time the immigrant-friendly northern nation grew by more than a million people in a year. If sustained, that growth rate would lead to Canada doubling in size in about 26 years, the statistics agency said.

@F-22Raptor @Hamartia Antidote absolutely nuts!!! If sustained, that growth rate would lead to Canada doubling in size in about 26 years, the statistics agency said!!!

@beijingwalker

In addition, the United States should also increase the immigration quota to about 3-5 million people

North American population by 2050

US: 500 million
Mexico: 150 million
Canada: 100 million
Caribbean: 50 million
Total: 800 million

@beijingwalker nearshoring is coming soon :guns:

Yes, and that stupid is proud of that.
Imma smack you punk

Indian infested. I was in Portugal and Indians were there. Can't get away from them. Like rodents.

Indian infested. I was in Portugal and Indians were there. Can't get away from them. Like rodents.

There are millions of people who want to live in Canada from all over the world:

The top source countries among 2022’s group of new Canadian permanent residents has shifted slightly from last year, with Brazil and South Korea dropping out of the top 10 in favour of Afghanistan and Syria.

India continues to be the leading source of immigration for Canada in 2022, with China in second place again, similar to a year ago. However, in a deviation from 2021, the percentage of immigrants from these two countries – 32% and 8%, respectively, last year – has decreased.

In 2022, the following 10 countries were Canada’s top immigration sources according to each immigrant’s country of citizenship. Each country will be listed alongside the number of immigrants that came from that country and the percent of Canada’s total PR number accounted for by that country.
  1. India (118, 095 immigrants) – 27%
  2. China (31,815 immigrants) – 7.2%
  3. Afghanistan (23,735 immigrants) – 5.4%
  4. Nigeria (22,085 immigrants) – 5.05%
  5. Philippines (22,070 immigrants) – 5.04%
  6. France (14,145 immigrants) – 3.2%
  7. Pakistan (11,585 immigrants) – 2.6%
  8. Iran (11,105 immigrants) – 2.5%
  9. United States of America (10,400 immigrants) – 2.3%
  10. Syria (8,500 immigrants) – 1.9%

Yes, and that stupid is proud of that.
Canada is a immigration success story, unlike certain other nations. This nation was built by immigrants, so it makes sense it would thrive on it to.

Canada needed to desperately increase its population in a short time due to labor and growth issues. This dealt with two things at once.

Canada is a immigration success story, unlike certain other nations. This nation was built by immigrants, so it makes sense it would thrive on it to.

Canada needed to desperately increase its population in a short time due to labor and growth issues. This dealt with two things at once.
I don't get how people migrate to such cold places.

I came to Canada in 1975 as a student and landed in Montreal to do my graduate work. At that time there were only 4 Iranians in Montreal and three of them were Jewish Iranians (ok may be few more I did not know)..lol They were all in Persian carpet business. You could see occasional Chinese or East Asians in public places..Few from Lebenon many many Greeks.

These days In Toronto or Montreal or Ottawa..International city..:p: you name it... you got it..lol

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom