i think one can be carry at a time why mix them

pns shhjhan carry expcet
pns khaiber carry exocet
pns babur carry exocet
pns tipu sultan carry exocet
pns tariq carry harpoons
Hi sir how many missile at a time sea king can carry
Thx

You mean exocets have been on Sea Kings since when?

Since the early 80's.
PN actually asked Aerospatial & Westland to modify the Sea King to be able to fire an AM39.
PN still claims this modification.

Since we had AM-39s.

@Rashid Mahmood please explain.

Since the 80's.

Sea King can carry 2 x AM-39.

I fired one during a similar exercise.

What is importance of this test? We need longer range missiles for naval air fleet, AM-39 is not good against IN's ships as they can defend themselves with longer or similar range SAMs, they may be only good against attacking FACs close to shoreline.

What is your opinion?

Systems validity and check procedures.
I agree with your view, but as we have them, we need to keep them ready.

i have seen them loaded on pns shah jhan and took selfies with them :partay:

i think one can be carry at a time why mix them

pns shhjhan carry expcet
pns khaiber carry exocet
pns babur carry exocet
pns tipu sultan carry exocet
pns tariq carry harpoons

Wrong information.

Since the early 80's.
PN actually asked Aerospatial & Westland to modify the Sea King to be able to fire an AM39.
PN still claims this modification.

Since the 80's.

Sea King can carry 2 x AM-39.

I fired one during a similar exercise.

Systems validity and check procedures.
I agree with your view, but as we have them, we need to keep them ready.

Wrong information.
to ap theek ker deen hazoor

406567_56585169.jpg

Navy-missile-test2.jpg

3 Type 21's had Harpoons.
3 had LY-60.

A selam Sir, would you prefer the FM-90 over the LY-60 SAM, compared to the range I would favorite the LY-60 for my ships.
The CPMIEC LY-60 is a direct clone of the Italian Selenia (Alenia) Aspide Mk.1, itself derived from the RIM-7E Sea Sparrow.

• Range(PL-10) AA : 60 km
  • Range (LY-60)

The HQ-7 is a Chinese clone of the French Thales/Thomson CSF Crotale SAM.

@Signalian

Last edited:
A selam Sir, would you prefer the FM-90 over the LY-60 SAM, compared to the range I would favorite the LY-60 for my ships.
The CPMIEC LY-60 is a direct clone of the Italian Selenia (Alenia) Aspide Mk.1, itself derived from the RIM-7E Sea Sparrow.

• Range(PL-10) AA : 60 km
  • Range (LY-60)

The HQ-7 is a Chinese clone of the French Thales/Thomson CSF Crotale SAM.

@Signalian

LY60 is now old enough and not produced on large scale I suppose that it is unable to counter CMs. It is smei active missle with 60 to 70% kill probability. May be FM90 with lesser range is even better then that and Umokhonto with 20 KM range is much better then both FM90 and LY60. The Radars/sensors on Type 21 are also now old.

Pak needs Umokhonto type missile effective against all threats duly backed by modern AESA/PESA radar and sensors of at least navalised VLS based Hq16b latest version tested both against Jets and CMs with 70+KM range. Though semi active in nature.

Per paf history 1999-2013 Ly-60, spada 2k and Saab Sam were evaluated 60 did not meet paf requirement Saab Sam were still not fully developed/deployed though they were order by Sweden and spada were already tried and tested with many customer so paf opted

The basic concept of naval helis is they can be put onto ships, and they increase the visibility by being forward eyes that can look over the horizon. Now these eyes have a nasty surprise as well. I think the helis being armed is a good step. In the future, the missiles can be replaced with more advanced ones, but now the base capability is there.

Does our navy possess ships that can carry seaking helicopter ?

Sea King of PN were always Excoet capable. Whats new here? Is is Sea Skua missile?

Back
Top Bottom