What's new

BREAKING! Kandahar has been captured!

Hey sure why not, but invading and bombing a dirt Poor country is no solution, I hope our dear America has learned its lesson.

Yes they have learnt, and that is why the US is pulling out after getting a very good deal.

what was your age when Mazar-i-Sharif Anti-Hazara massacre were happen ? its still in memory of every hazara . 1998 is not too far . i dont want a link to remember it .

say him saint OBL you kaffir :lol:
My memory goes back to listening to mujaheeden's on-the-ground battles in the soviet -Charlie war. You should have a real idea of what you are talking about. Ground realities are a total departure from what you talk about.
Prior to the intra-Afghan peace talks, the Taliban named an ethnic Hazara Shia as the shadow district chief. The hardline Sunni Taliban had been previously accused of persecuting the minority group during its tenure in power, so your claim becomes even more absurd.
Finally, we must remember that OBL was a guest on Afghan soil. It is important for you to know Afghan tradition. If you know what Omar told Americans, then you know he was ready to surrender OBL if they could provide any evidence of OBL's involvement in 911 However, according to American think tanks, the attack on Afghanistan could have been more beneficial to the Americans at that time than proving their point.

Watch this video and learn how Muharram is practised by Shia under their control

Last edited:
And just what lesson(s) do you think might (or should) be learned here, and not just for USA?

Lesson 1: Don't Invade Afghanistan
Lesson 2: Listen to Allies (Pakistan)
Lesson 3: Don't think that Karma won't bite you (USSR)
Lesson 4: Don't try nation building
Lesson 5: Don't impose your way of governance on others
Lesson 6: Don't Impose Rapists and Warlords on Civilian population
Lesson 7: Military solution is not going to work always
Lesson 8: Try not to put boots on ground
Lesson 9: Don't carpet bomb innocent Civilians
Lesson 10: Don't Invade other Poor and weak countries, or involved in Civil wars.

Lesson 1: Don't Invade Afghanistan
Lesson 2: Listen to Allies (Pakistan)
Lesson 3: Don't think that Karma won't bite you (USSR)
Lesson 4: Don't try nation building
Lesson 5: Don't impose your way of governance on others
Lesson 6: Don't Impose Rapists and Warlords on Civilian population
Lesson 7: Military solution is not going to work always
Lesson 8: Try not to put boots on ground
Lesson 9: Don't carpet bomb innocent Civilians
Lesson 10: Don't Invade other Poor and weak countries, or involved in Civil wars.

Those "lessons" seem to be applicable to children's story books, and not international geopolitics. :D

Those "lessons" seem to be applicable to children's story books, and not international geopolitics. :D

You might be right, but when Children go to Afghanistan with troops they later find their soldiers dead, and later they have run in the middle of the night, so why fight wars which they can't win? my lessons are childish but could've saved a lot of American lives.

You might be right, but when Children go to Afghanistan with troops they later find their soldiers dead, and later they have run in the middle of the night, so why fight wars which they can't win? my lessons are childish but could've saved a lot of American lives.

War is simply pursuit of national interests by other means to implement policy. It is just a tool to be used when needed, that is all. Winning and losing is another childish concept that has no meaning in international geopolitics.

War is simply pursuit of national interests by other means to implement policy. It is just a tool to be used when needed, that is all. Winning and losing is another childish concept that has no meaning in international geopolitics.

But innocent people die when countries selfishly try to pursuit their national interests and use force. If America was following its national interests in Afghanistan even after 2011, than America got some serious problems.

But innocent people die when countries selfishly try to pursuit their national interests and use force. If America was following its national interests in Afghanistan even after 2011, than America got some serious problems.

Innocent people die in wars, whether one believes they are noble or ignoble. The pursuit of national interests is perpetual and relentless, by all countries, equally. What is your point?

Innocent people die in wars, whether one believes they are noble or ignoble. The pursuit of national interests is perpetual and relentless, by all countries, equally. What is your point?

My point is America should now learn its lesson, at least...

The lesson of not ever participating in a nation building adventure using military force and imported puppets has been well learned.
Here in President’s own words:
I’m clear on my answer: I will not repeat the mistakes we’ve made in the pastthe mistake of staying and fighting indefinitely in a conflict that is not in the national interest of the United States, of doubling down on a civil war in a foreign country, of attempting to remake a country through the endless military deployments of U.S. forces.”

My point is America should now learn its lesson, at least...

Should, okay. Except that international geopolitics goes by its own rules, and not by childrens' storybooks.

The lesson of not ever participating in a nation building adventure using military force and imported puppets has been well learned.
Here in President’s own words:
I’m clear on my answer: I will not repeat the mistakes we’ve made in the pastthe mistake of staying and fighting indefinitely in a conflict that is not in the national interest of the United States, of doubling down on a civil war in a foreign country, of attempting to remake a country through the endless military deployments of U.S. forces.”

So we will not repeat the mistakes of the past - we will just come up with new ones, as long as national interests are served. Makes sense!

So we will not repeat the mistakes of the past - we will just come up with new ones, as long as national interests are served. Makes sense!
New ones as new mistakes? I dont think you ever set out to make mistakes to begin with, not intentionally at least. As long as a mistake, such as this one which costed 1.5 tr, 20 years of conflict and ended with an enemy takeover, is not repeated then yes the lesson has been learned for sure. But if after all of this we still think it was all worth it and should be repeated again - then I guess we haven’t learnt anything at all. Biden speech and the communication from US govt officials show that overall the 20 years spent in nation building and controlling a civil war with Military force was a blunder that shouldn’t ever be repeated, and in future the focus is solely going to be counter terrorisim using precise military means, intelligence, diplomacy, allies etc.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom