What's new

Brahmins the new untouchables of India

According to that criteria are most 'Brahmins' in India today actually Brahmins??
@Android @GR!FF!N Do you guys fulfill these criterias?
I dont know about North Indian Brahmins ... Buts most South Indian Brahmins ... specially the Nambothiri Brahmins which are said to the oldest tribe Brahmins know Poojas and Karmams very well...

I know a Couple of Nairs, they became Brahmins... who learned Poojas shastras are working as poojaris in Temple...

most Vedic knowledge is passed on by mouth not by writing it ... as according to the tradition if these Texts are written then changes can be made and hence be corrupted from the original text ... these mantras can only be said in rhyme and tune ...

so either the government should take initiative to secure these mantras and hymns should be preserved ... or some Organizations funded by government should take up the cause... or else these would be extinct for ever with the extinction of these Brahmins... Culture and knowledge of 5,000 + years would be lost with in a century...

According to that criteria are most 'Brahmins' in India today actually Brahmins??

nope my parents and me were more of an atheist kind of people with Brahmin ancestry (by atheist I don't mean hardcore anti religious or anti Hindu type of people we practiced some Hindu beliefs but not too much into religion and ritual kind of stuff) so technically I am a Brahmin just by name I didn't even knew my caste before filling the caste section in my college admission forms :lol:

I can still stand today and say that Brahmins (general caste in general) hold majority bureaucratic,academic and research positions...To be honest majority brahmins are well educated...but I have seen lazy brahmins who just want to live on so called "dakshina".

I though agree that reservation should be based on income, but I dont see reservation has done "much" to our economical system apart from creating some "cheap" politicians...

In the Kaliyuga we are in this is all predicted where the mleccha leaders will be ruling over us until Lord Kalki comes

actually yes..that yajno pavitam is Holy thread ceremony that is a must for Brahmins..and yes,you've to take it from a GURU,who is brahmin..as a matter of fact,family members do,as my Guru is my uncle.

as for Puja Path,thats not must,but yes,any Brahmin can perform these.my brothers do Laxmi and Saraswati Pujas as then Brahmin becomes priceless(because a large number of pujas but small amount of Brahmins).

after Holy thread,you've to keep your "Brahmacharya" for certain amount of time(customary,GURU generally decides the extent of time).one of my cousins continued for around a decade,same goes for my Uncle.but my brother and I couldn't due to our daily hectic life and we were much older by then(generally,Holy Thread or what we called Upanayan in Bengali,in which we get our poita has to be performed when we are little or in early teenage,but we did it after I crossed the maximum limit of age,18.I did it when I was in 20,so I had to perform Prayaschitto.I continued it for around 1 year).plus,you've to make "sandha" for certain numbers of time and jap.there are other formalities,that varies in each Brahmin Community,which is devided by Gotras and Vedas.As for mine,I belong to Shandilya Gotra and Shyam Veda.I couldn't give more info as there are a lot of things in this religion and custom that even we don't know..

Last edited:
it's downside of social media .It does not differentiate between fact and fiction.

How come that number (55% of brahmins are poor) even come into existence ? Who has conducted the survey ? is census or sample survey ?

To my knowledge GOI do not conduct any caste surveys except socio economic and caste survey but it has not published any result.

It's just wild fatacies of some keyboard soldier.

In india, every community is trying to portray itself backward but this is height ... even Brahmins showing themself backward ... LOLZ

bullsh*t... bramhins are still overrepresented in bureaucracy, intelligentsia, academia and leadership position (mgmt) in business.

Its only in politics that they seem to have lost power because democracy is a game of numbers.

In india, every community is trying to portray itself backward but this is height ... even Brahmins showing themself backward ... LOLZ

lol tell me how can a persons caste represent his financial and social conditions???

In the Kaliyuga we are in this is all predicted where the mleccha leaders will be ruling over us until Lord Kalki comes

Days of Mleccha are over , time for Oaks, I mean Brahmins, has come...!

Hurray! Your wait for POWER is over now ..

Kalki ne tumhari sun lee hai ..Kalki comes to earth .. Last time I myself has seen Kalki in Devd and Zindagi Na Milegi Doobara...

Plz confirm your self before attacking Rohan, I mean India.

lol tell me how can a persons caste represent his financial and social conditions???

yes you are right ... there is no connection between them ...
Brahmins and upper caste people did like to take food from lower caste persons.

Brahmins had no objections if thier sisters marrying Chamars and sweepers even encouraging thier daughters to marry a low caste persons.

It's just a ploy devised by evil congressi Nehru and Gandhi to give reservation to garner votes ..you Votebank politics.

Some highly placed sources tell that Even caste and Varna word was invented and coined by Gandhi and Nehru and thier ally Queen Victoria.

Before that period .. India was place of angles and cupids shooting each other with loveArrows . It's just wicked Britishers and before that Muslims Invaders who has ruined our Fun.

Now can you sleep better?

Trying to eliminate the caste system by punishing Brahmans for being Brahmans is redundant and counter productive.
Absolutely right. You can not make a weak person strong by making a strong person weak.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom