What's new

Brahmins the new untouchables of India

I have always wanted reservations to be on the basis of family income rather than caste. Govt says it wants to end caste system but it gives certificates to ST/SC/OBC to certify that they are lower caste people. Height of hypocrisy.

it is bcoz of these reservation some of the best brains of india went abroad. u cant blame them. my cousin is also earning his livelihood in USA. he is a professor in one university. this reservation system is bullshit in its present format. one of my ST colleague cant even remember name of few drugs. how he is supposed to treat ppl.
PS- I am a doctor and so called Brahmins. 
Brahmins dont need reservation.
as in a free country nobody needs reservation , needs equal opportunity.

it is a lost cause man,i dont even care.

I help brahmins all the time,especially the deserving ones alone.

reservations are not going anywhere and we have to learn to deal with it..

I am a Supporter of Reservation for SC,ST and OBC... To bring the Downtrodden Hindu Population back to the main stream Hindu Society ...

But sad to see this happening to Brahmins ... most Brahmins are very kind natured and nonviolent people ...

There is a history of Brahmin persecution in India ... Let that be the attacks on Brahmins after Veer Nathuram Godse killed gandi or the anti-brahmin sentiment spread by DMK after independence ... Iyers where persecuted in Tamil Nadu and Andra ... and dont forget the biggest persecuted Brahmin community of Pandits of Kashmir ...

I am Kshatriya of Kerala ... same is the condition with us now ... most Nairs in Kerala are financially backward then minority community ...

I dont have much issue if a Kshatriya suffers ... But Brahmins are still the main source of information on Vedas and Poojas ... if that is lost Hinduism is in Grave Danger ...

And most Brahmins are not that cunning like they have been falsely termed ...

I am a Supporter of Reservation for SC,ST and OBC... To bring the Downtrodden Hindu Population back to the main stream Hindu Society ...

But sad to see this happening to Brahmins ... most Brahmins are very kind natured and nonviolent people ...

There is a history of Brahmin persecution in India ... Let that be the attacks on Brahmins after Veer Nathuram Godse killed gandi or the anti-brahmin sentiment spread by DMK after independence ... Iyers where persecuted in Tamil Nadu and Andra ... and dont forget the biggest persecuted Brahmin community of Pandits of Kashmir ...

I am Kshatriya of Kerala ... same is the condition with us now ... most Nairs in Kerala are financially backward then minority community ...

I dont have much issue if a Kshatriya suffers ... But Brahmins are still the main source of information on Vedas and Poojas ... if that is lost Hinduism is in Grave Danger ...

And most Brahmins are not that cunning like they have been falsely termed ...

So only a brahim can have the knowledge of hinduism and not the ordinary people? are there no religious scholars and universities offering course etc?

So only a brahim can have the knowledge of hinduism and not the ordinary people? are there no religious scholars and universities offering course etc?
If a Hindu knows the vedic texts including Vedas, Upanishads, Puranas and methods of all kind of Poojas, Prathistas and Homam ... and completed his yajno pavitam wearing ceremony from a Brahmin guru then that person is considered to be a Brahmin ... when all these are done he should maintain his Brahmacharyam (celibacy)

people of any caste by practicing all this can become a Brahmin ...

The Government support in Teaching this religious practices is next to nil ... although all the donations of the Temples in India goes to the government Fund... ( apart from few trusts)

If a Hindu knows the vedic texts including Vedas, Upanishads, Puranas and methods of all kind of Poojas, Prathistas and Homam ... and completed his yajno pavitam wearing ceremony from a Brahmin guru then that person is considered to be a Brahmin ... when all these are done he should maintain his Brahmacharyam (celibacy)

The Government support in Teaching this religious practices is next to nil ... although all the donations of the Temples in India goes to the government Fund... ( apart from few trusts)

In short no.. only a brahim can be a brahim.. thanks anyway.

I am SC and a supporter of caste based reservations which is obvious .But also feel bad for the general category because of the positive discrimination against them . Caste is just too deeply entrenched in the hindu society that It's gonna take at least a hundred years to eradicate this evil . I have had many instances of caste discrimination which would be hard to believe for some . Lower castes would be doomed if the reservations are done away with anytime soon .

U have caste quota system.. we have quotas based on backwardness of areas..

I am SC and a supporter of caste based reservations which is obvious .But also feel bad for the general category because of the positive discrimination against them . Caste is just too deeply entrenched in the hindu society that It's gonna take at least a hundred years to eradicate this evil . I have had many instances of caste discrimination which would be hard to believe for some . Lower castes would be doomed if the reservations are done away with anytime soon .

so what do you think,what should be the solution??is it caste based or based on BPL???if it is based on BPL,it'll automatically applicable for backward peoples as well as poor.don't you think??

On this I agree....there is something not right in the way Brahmins have not been able to adapt in the new economy. 
so what do you think,what should be the solution??is it caste based or based on BPL???if it is based on BPL,it'll automatically applicable for backward peoples as well as poor.don't you think??

No- it's not just a question of income. Some castes have systemic discrimination against them. They don't get jobs or opportunities SPECIFICALLY because they belong to certain castes.

On this I agree....there is something not right in the way Brahmins have not been able to adapt in the new economy. 

No- it's not just a question of income. Some castes have systemic discrimination against them. They don't get jobs or opportunities SPECIFICALLY because they belong to certain castes.

I barely experienced that any man from "Barua" or "Das" or "Mondal" didn't get any job because of some social discrimination.while das and Mondal categorized under SC and OBC,Barua categorized under ST... :disagree: some lower caste may be experienced it,but most of them not..

le one example of nautanki...

http://twocircles.net/2009nov02/chr...sc_status_dalit_christians_dalit_muslims.html

Dalit Christian.. :rofl:

they wanted to differentiate caste from religion..then why blame Hindus for caste discrimination???

every one wants to take the benefit of these status,nothing else...

Last edited:

According to that criteria are most 'Brahmins' in India today actually Brahmins??
@Android @GR!FF!N Do you guys fulfill these criterias?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom