What's new

Boycott of Chinese goods fails in festive season, sale hits record high...

Your probably don't know clothes are primarily Tradable goods.
Same-quality clothes in China will be sold cheaper than in India.

Same with Chinese phones in india.
Chinese phones also have low, medium and high end.
In india, low-end phones are preferred, whilst in china, medium-high end phones are preferred.

I estimate the average selling price in China will be around $300, supported by strong sales of middle-high ends phones such as Huawei P9 ($450-650), Oppo R9 ($370-$450) and many other domestic brands including VIVO and Xiaomi.
(of course, Apple's second biggest market is still China though no longer a top3 brand)
View attachment 343650

Huawei P9
($450-650)

7-8 million units of Huawei P9 series has been sold worldwide (April-August).

http://consumer.huawei.com/en/mobile-phones/p9/

View attachment 343652 View attachment 343653

-----------------------------------------------
Oppo R9 ($370-$450)
(10 million units have been sold in Q2 and Q3 in China)

View attachment 343661
View attachment 343657 View attachment 343660 View attachment 343658

India, despite the self-proclaimed 400 or 600 million "middle class", is actually incredibly poor with very little purchasing power. Even if they want the expensive stuff, they simply can't afford it. Of course, when we think of the Indian "middle class", we are really talking about impoverished people by international standards. It's just like India's "semi-bullet train", which is really a very old and slow train with a new name.

India, despite the self-proclaimed 400 or 600 million "middle class", is actually incredibly poor with very little purchasing power. Even if they want the expensive stuff, they simply can't afford it. Of course, when we think of the Indian "middle class", we are really talking about impoverished people by international standards. It's just like India's "semi-bullet train", which is really a very old and slow train with a new name.

You are a great
d913bc505eae72be57b7bd5e42b73d13.jpg

There is some difference between internationally accepted middle class and the Middle level of all classes....

Number of middle-class adults (million), 2015, by region and country.jpg

There is some difference between internationally accepted middle class and the Middle level of all classes....

View attachment 343688

Only 24 million Indians are considered middle-class by international definition? Wow, that's just really sad.

I heard that by India's definitions, an Indian is considered middle-class if he can afford two meals a day. And of course, an India is considered literate if he can sign his own name. An Indian train is considered "semi-bullet" if it has a fresh coat of paint.

India has interesting and unique turd-world definitions. The only thing the Indians are best at is talk, talk, and talk.

Only 24 million Indians are considered middle-class by international definition? Wow, that's just really sad.

I heard that by India's definitions, an Indian is considered middle-class if he can afford two meals a day. And of course, an India is considered literate if he can sign his own name. An Indian train is considered "semi-bullet" if it has a fresh coat of paint.

India has interesting and unique turd-world definitions. The only thing the Indians are best at is talk, talk, and talk.
And you are the most esteemed
29705762753_f0d8e9e32b_o.jpg

:rofl:

24 million? That's it? Are you sure? I ask because Indians love to talk endlessly about their 400 or 600 million middle class consumers. If India only has 24 million people in the middle class, then why should anyone care about India's consumer market?
If you think it is 24 million you should take a hike

If you think it is 24 million you should take a hike

Perhaps you're the one that should take a hike, actually he's being generous, its 23.6 million to be exact and please don't tell me some dramatic change of data within a year as well
Please debate with "FACTS" not "TRASH" thankyou
Prachi Salve | IndiaSpend October 29, 2015 Last Updated at 10:20 IST

Perhaps you're the one that should take a hike, actually he's being generous, its 23.6 million to be exact and please don't tell me some dramatic change of data within a year as well
Why bother investing in India ?

This anayalsis has already decreased the middle class threshold by using PPP.

If India uses our middle class criteria, the number will be less than 23.6 million people.

Back
Top Bottom