What's new

Bollywood Blasphemy

Actually, Allah or Al Lah was the Moon God of pre-Islamic Arabia. He married the sun goddess and they had three daughters, Al Lat, Al Uzza and Al Manat.

Initially, Muhammad had commanded his followers in the Quran to worship the three daughters Al Lat, Al Uzza and Al Manat. Later he recanted that commandment, and instead asked people to worship Allah alone. This is known as the Satanic Verses incident.

I don't think there should a problem with discussing this, as long as we can keep it civil I see no problem. I'm genuinely interest, if you could elaborate a little further about the origins of Islam, and pre Islamic Arabia.

I though Allah is an arabic word, but some members disagree, maybe you could shed some light on that too.

This might not be the thread for it, might I suggest a new one, perhaps in the members section ?

I thought the word Allah means "The Only One to be Worshipped"

On page one [1] of Genesis in the Old Testament, we find the word "Allah" seventeen [17] times.

It certainly is not unique to Islam however in modern context it certainly always pertains to Islam !

I have no expectations from Blasphemous Bollywood. ( its better to just ignore them , they wont change )

As for the world Allah and God.

God is a broader term , the term God can be used to say the Indian God Bhagwaan or say the Roman God or the Greek God etc etc.

But when the word Allah comes , there is no substitute. Allah refers simply to only Allah, you cannot say the Roman Allah etc.

The english word for ALLAH is not God , in English you also say Allah

The Arabic word for God is Ilah.. Like in the Kalima "La Ilah Il Allah......" which means "There is no other God besides Allah......."
Allah was the name of one of the 360 Arabic deities installed in the Kabah before Mohammed. He was the Diety of the Quraish, the Meccan tribe which Mohammed belonged.

Bollywood on many occasions has used word "Allah" in songs in a way some Muslims might find offensive. What's your take?

E.g. Ye Ladka Hai Allah - Kabhi Kush Kabhi Gam
Ishq Subhan Allah - Mere **** Pehle Aap
allaa tero naam eeshwar tero naam - HUM DONO
Ishwar Allah Tere Naam - NAYA RAASTA

Aaja Aaja Mein Hun Pyar Tera,
Allah Allah Inkaar Tera..
Ooo oo Aaja Aah Aah Aaja... - TEESRI MANZI

Allah Rasool Ka Farmaan Ishq Hai
Yaane Hafeez Ishq Hai, Quraan Ishq Hai
Gautam Kaa Aur Maseeh Ka Armaan Ishq Hai
Ye Kaaynaat Jism Hai Aur Jaan Ishq Hai
Ishq Sarmad, Ishq Hi Mansoor Hai
Ishq Moosa, Ishq Koh-E-Noor Hai
Khaaq Ko But, Aur But Ko Devta Karta Hai Ishq
Intaha Ye Hai Ke Bande Ko Khuda Karta Hai Ishq

List is endless. Its like "Allah" has become a filler word for rhyming.

This is a non-issue. None of these are "blasphemous" but a poetic expression. Ishq with Allah and his Rasool is not blasphemous. And others are just an expression like "Oh my God! Look at this boy!". By using Iswar or Bhagwan, if used in a monotheistic sense along with Allah or God, or similar expressions such as All-knowing, Destroyer, Creator, Sustainer e.t.c, is not wrong. Its wrong when you start assigning these qualities of the one God to other entitites. But if these qualities are considered to belong to one entitiy, then calling that one entity Brahma, Vishnu or Shiva means calling the one God with these qualities. In Arabic they would refer to Khaliq= Creator, Rab=Sustainer and Muntaqim=Destroyer.

The problem is most people don't know that there are some strong monotheistic traditions in Hinduism. Most of theologically educated Hindus well versed in the vedas believe in the unity of God. He may be called from various names but he is a single entity and formless. Sects like Lingayats, Arya Samajis, Vedantists e.t.c. are all monotheistic and do not indulge in idol worship even.

Here is quote from Alburuni (Abu Rayhan Biruni - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) who was a 14th century Iranian scholar and first non-Indian to extensively study India and Indian traditions.

The educated among the Hindus abhor anthropomorphisms of this kind, but the crowd and the members of the single sects use them most extensively.The Hindus believe with regard to God that he is one, eternal, without beginning and end, acting by free-will, almighty, all-wise, living, giving life, ruling, preserving; one who in his sovereignty is unique, beyond all likeness and unlikeness, and that he does not resemble anything nor does anything resemble him.

Similarly other major religions are monotheistic in nature including Christianiy, Islam, Judaism, Zoroastrianism, Sikhism e.t.c.

The most laughable posts was about "Allah is moon god". I would be interested in your source on this and please dont quote if these are one of those rabid Islamaphobic websites.

Just fyi, the quran is the primary book that is considered as the only source that is uncorrupted. The story about satanic verses is mentioned in some biographical accounts 2 centuries after the prophet passing away where the authors have themseves admitted when recording it that these are weak hadith (i.e. can not be completely verified) but have been included in any case.
This shows the honesty of these early chronicles in Islam. But ofcourse, any postively associated hadiths about Muhammed (SAW) compassion, forgiviness, persecution of Muslims by Quraish, Muhammed being considered Al-Amin(the most trustworthy) amont the people of the Quraish e.t.c are all considered not reliable because the biographers were muslims. The hypocrisy of it all.

Anyways, this link discusses the satanic verses in detail and is quite objective.
Is the Satanic Verses Story True?

The star and crescent is not in the Quran and was not even used by the Prophet. It was actually during the Ottoman dynasty just 400-500years ago when this began to be associated with muslims and "orientalists" started coming up with these strange concepts of moon god, along with denigrating everything in the east including the chinese, the africans, the hindu practices in India and so on. Although some of their works were based on proper sources, the main agenda was to promote colonialism.

If you want to learn about true Islam, you will not learn it from these Islamphobic websites that are put up by hate groups.
Islam stands on solid ground and its unshakable belief in the Unity of God is above reproach. Due to this, People who can't criticize its doctrines directly or find fault with the Quranic verses, instead make up things about Islam that aren't true
so that people lose the desire to learn more or just hate muslims. If Muslims were able to present Islam in the proper
way to people, it surely might make many people reconsider and re-evaluate their view of Islam.

Here is a link talking about the moon god misconception
Who is Allah

Actually, Allah or Al Lah was the Moon God of pre-Islamic Arabia. He married the sun goddess and they had three daughters, Al Lat, Al Uzza and Al Manat.

Initially, Muhammad had commanded his followers in the Quran to worship the three daughters Al Lat, Al Uzza and Al Manat. Later he recanted that commandment, and instead asked people to worship Allah alone. This is known as the Satanic Verses incident.
There is no verification of that.

Allah is a derivation of the word ILLAH meaning a worshiped deity. Allah is a derivation of the combo, AL ILLAH, meaning THE worshiped deity.

Using Allah in a song is not cool by most Muslims where the usage is something like "Wah kya larki hai, ya Allah". I'll tell you when we Muslims hear these type of usages we're always like "Kya stupid log hain yeh".

The word Allah is extensively used in Pakistani songs, but there is an actual reference to God.

Back
Top Bottom