What's new

Boeing's F-15EX Eagle-II fighter may join race for Indian Air Force contract

So, are we done pretending that the SU30MKI is only second to the F22? The Cobra Dancer, the MINI AWAC, the second best fighter aircraft in the world to the F22. The Aircraft that always wins 10-0 against the likes of Rafale, Eurofighter, F16 and F15 etc.

Is that charade over? I must say, Indians do a huge disservice to their morale by over hyping every weapon system they acquire

It also creates unrealistic expectations of the performance of the systems which directly correlate to incorrect political decisions made by Indian goverments. This problems with the Rafale and perceptions of its performance versus reality.

F15 has an excellent kill rate against adversaries that couldn't fight back. In Indian hands they will be falling out of the sky. Chinese and Pakistani pilots won't spare f15 in Indian hands

When you can still buy oil from Russia (after Ukraine attack) than who told you that India can no longer get spares.

Even before the war started India was having shortages due to supply chain issues. Now any available spares would be used by Russia for their fighters.

I foresee India cannibalizing some portion of the fighters to keep the rest going but in the next 5-10 years all will be gone.

So, are we done pretending that the SU30MKI is only second to the F22? The Cobra Dancer, the MINI AWAC, the second best fighter aircraft in the world to the F22. The Aircraft that always wins 10-0 against the likes of Rafale, Eurofighter, F16 and F15 etc.

Is that charade over? I must say, Indians do a huge disservice to their morale by over hyping every weapon system they acquire

Patience. You need to bear with this for another 5 years.

Even before the war started India was having shortages due to supply chain issues. Now any available spares would be used by Russia for their fighters.
Yes that makes sense since Russia will give priority to their airforce first but anyways Su30s are assembled in India so it shouldn't be that an issue unless Russia-Ukraine war extends to months.

Yes that makes sense since Russia will give priority to their airforce first but anyways Su30s are assembled in India so it shouldn't be that an issue unless Russia-Ukraine war extends to months.

The tragedy is Indians kept fooling themselves that they were manufacturing these jets but the reality was they were just doing SKD and CKD assembly. Su-30 and MIG-29 are going the MIG-21 way.

As such the availability rates of these fighters is 30%. It will go down further and there will a lot of fighter crashes and pilot deaths in the coming years.

Clearly the Su-30MKI failed then. It seems the Feb 2019 encounter with Pakistan shook Indian air force so bad that now Su-30MKI doesn't even count to living up as the backbone platform, hence the need for Rafale and possibly F-15EX? What a logistical nightmare that'll be.
India is buying few more su-30s. So, your understanding is clearly incorrect.

India is buying few more su-30s. So, your understanding is clearly incorrect.

India is buying Su-30, Mig29 and M2K fighters to cannibalize them for spares to keep existing fleet operational.

Nothing would make me happier then seeing India go for the F-15. 36 planes please, to add to the 36 Rafales. IAF will end up with small fleets of MIG-29s, Rafales, Mirage 2000s, LCA and F-15s. Weapons, traning, logistics and infratructure needed for all of them. As a result you will get difficulties in manning, basing in different locations and even command (much more conversion courses for corss posting officers).

Will be very difficult to have a pool of elite pilots with so many types and of course with small fleets you cannot spare the planes for CCS/Aggessors on a permanent basis like PAF does.

All in all a recipe for making the IAF much more inefficient, which I personally hope they go for, but now they are in a very tight situation.

1) Dassualt now has backlog of 150 plus Rafales to deliver to export customers and French AF, so even if IAF does follow on order it may wait 4-6 years.

2) Thanks for Ukraine war SU-30 upgrade and SU-57 now out of picture

3) HAL not delivered a single LCA in last 18 months

Take away the 1-2 Rafales to be delivered that means for the first time in history IAF will not be taking delivery of new planes this year. The entire fighter fleet will get 1 year older.MIG-21s and Jaguars will now soldier on for even longer unless IAF actually starts losing squadrons.

This is a disasterous position to be in for an AF the size of IAF.

PAF with J-10 and JF-17 Block III will get aroudn two new squadrons this year and replace two older units for comparison.

In a long run I can see:

1. Su-30MKI UPG
2. Rafale
3. LCA MK1/MK2
4. 5th gen plane, AMCA?

Rest other planes would retire.

It looks ok to me tbh.

I just heard a news on Youtube today saying that US congress has approved to sell 114 F-15EX to India. Is this true? If so, how will India handle the ammo for this bird? Buy every missile and cannon shell from US?

I just heard a news on Youtube today saying that US congress has approved to sell 114 F-15EX to India. Is this true? If so, how will India handle the ammo for this bird? Buy every missile and cannon shell from US?

Yes. US is willing to sell bombs and missiles as part of the F-15 deal.

comparison of J16 and F15 E ?

J16 can carry more payload

J16 is knockoff of Su-30

The tragedy is Indians kept fooling themselves that they were manufacturing these jets but the reality was they were just doing SKD and CKD assembly. Su-30 and MIG-29 are going the MIG-21 way.

As such the availability rates of these fighters is 30%. It will go down further and there will a lot of fighter crashes and pilot deaths in the coming years.
seriously mig-29 are ancient fighters

Fake news. :laugh:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom