What's new

Body Armour

Is Pakistan producing Bullet Proof Jackets with SAPI plates in them ?
This what I got from a single google search. Rest idk.
Ballistic Body Armour (Bulletproof Jackets)- Lyra

I guess, if we take a US marine soldier as an example. I would say his gear is already very heavy. And they can't have unlimitted ammonution. In a real warfare, ammonution is more important than a body armor. A soldier has to be fit, and has to sprint, and Kevlar really makes it hard to fulfil those abilities. Maybe some special obs still wear kevlar, since they have precise operation, and probably not geared as much up with ammo as a marine.
Yes, mobility becomes an issue when it comes to heavy vest. Then again, Ammo is not going to fire itself, you need bodies alive to fire a bullet. So there is little trade off and that's where physical conditioning and months of infantry training come in. I have seen Infantry marines running 6 hours while taking small breaks wearing boots and vest on. Even tho no one is expected to run a marathon in a war zone.

Last edited:
This looks like a plate carrier, without any SAPI plate. Which defeat entire purpose of wearing it. Plus, wearing black carriers and Black knee and elbow pads on camouflage uniform is not only unprofessional but also defeats the the purpose of having a camouflage uniform.
images
wow mate you know your armor.my interest in armors is relitivly new so pls bear with my few noob questions
1) how can you tell with just single image that the guy is not using his sapi plates?
2)what type of knee pad are better integrated one the Saudi use infused in their pants or separate one like we use
3)quality of our knee pads and jackets how good they are by the looks of it they seems like desi maal with lowest quality material used but then again looks can be deceiving.
4)its not the first time i have seen army guys wearing black over camo this can be seen in many pics .looks like we bought a huge consignment of these jackets and pads without camouflage is this unprofessional on procurement departments end and are we doing something to change it.
regards

Last edited:
wow mate you know your armor.my interest in armors is relitivly new so pls bear with my few noob questions
1) how can you tell with just single image that the guy is not using his sapi plates?
2)what type of knee pad are better integrated one the Saudi use infused in their pants or separate one like we use
3)quality of our knee pads and jackets how good they are by the looks of it they seems like desi maal with lowest quality material used but then again looks can be deceiving.
4)its not the first time i have seen army guys wearing black over camo this can be seen in many pics .looks like we bought a huge consignment of these jackets and pads without camouflage is this unprofessional on procurement departments end and are we doing something to change it.
regards

1) SAPI plates are like 1 1/2 inch thick brick inside your already cumbersome vest. There wouldn't be any room for your vest to show folds or bends. Properly fitted vest with SAPI will squeeze your chest.
2) I think most service pants do comes with reinforced knee and elbow area. Saudi may have thin pad integrated in their pants since they are fighting on a sand. But If you need protection from a hard mountain surface, small rocks and pebbles, you want a decently strong knee and elbow pad. Obviously you would not want to integrated that type or size of pad into you uniform and look stupid walking around in garrison outside warzone.
3) IDK much about the standard of PA's equipment. Money matters.
4). No, it is being unprofessional on the chain of command part (Top down, Chief is the ultimate in charge) . This shows lack of training and military standards. Army that can't dress properly will not fight properly. Some countries (i.e Afghanistan's ANA) such stuff shows lack of discipline and organization in ranks.

1) SAPI plates are like 1 1/2 inch thick brick inside your already cumbersome vest. There wouldn't be any room for your vest to show folds or bends. Properly fitted vest with SAPI will squeeze your chest.
2) I think most service pants do comes with reinforced knee and elbow area. Saudi may have thin pad integrated in their pants since they are fighting on a sand. But If you need protection from a hard mountain surface, small rocks and pebbles, you want a decently strong knee and elbow pad. Obviously you would not want to integrated that type or size of pad into you uniform and look stupid walking around in garrison outside warzone.
4). No, it is being unprofessional on the chain of command part (Top down, Chief is the ultimate in charge) . This shows lack of training and military standards. Army that can't dress properly will not fight properly. Some countries (i.e Afghanistan's ANA) such stuff shows lack of discipline and organization in ranks.
Even SSG are using light brown shoes with their uniforms it should be black shoes for SSG and Brown for infantry

Even SSG are using light brown shoes with their uniforms it should be black shoes for SSG and Brown for infantry
Americans switched to light brown too. Black shoes were old school and hard to maintain. Just like uniform patterns have evolved, shoes should be about comfort, camouflage and durability .

Americans switched to light brown too. Black shoes were old school and hard to maintain. Just like uniform patterns have evolved, shoes should be about comfort, camouflage and durability .
But the uniform SSG wear Black shoes goes with that camouflage

But the uniform SSG wear Black shoes goes with that camouflage
US spends lot of money to do research on uniform patterns for all branches of service and for all terrain and background. Even US Navy seals are using light brown during missions. One thing common b/w all operational units in every branch is their shoe color. Ground is brown. dirt is brown, sand is brown.

In the last order Lyra pulled some strings and got their design approved. Lyra and Cavalier split the order. The vest could have been a better design.

Figured. Probably ex army or relative doing injustice to the jawans. Lyra vest isn't anything earth shattering but rather outdated. Hangs too low when plate inserted and looks like its made with very cheap material. Interceptor is also so 90s stuff. Needed a simple and clean design, preferably single strap and quick release to equip the light infantry of army. Pak Army isn't going to be doing much of long-range patrol nor is it going to be operating far from LOS.

Corruption and/or cutting corners in the armed forces means someone's life. There needs to be accountability here or the lectures given to the civilians amount to nothing more than a hill of beans.

China makes these SPC vests, and since we get almost everything from them now, should be able to procure these relatively cheap:
22d67742f94149b5866d9292d47e672f.jpg

SPCs shouldn't be that hard to make in-house, hopefully we'll see something at IDEAS 2016.

they were not spc vests. just the old ones with webbing. pak is slow to incorporate new ideas. it took more than ten yrs into the wot that 30 yr old interceptor vests slowly started to make their way into ops.

Last edited:
SPCs shouldn't be that hard to make in-house, hopefully we'll see something at IDEAS 2016.
modular_body_armour_Kalashnikov_Group_Army_2016_Russia_Russian_defense_industry_640_001.jpg

One of the subdivision of Kalashnikov Group presents a new modular tactical body armour gear. The main advantage of this new body armour is the use of a modular concept offering a full range of configurations for soldier in the battlefield.

Back
Top Bottom