What's new

Body Amour Fit

chaosactor

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Just joined Pakistan Defence, although like a number of others, have read the forums for a number of years. I want to be up front as I have seen the reaction often given to new members when asking questions.

I am currently doing a study at university into the effect of weight carriage on the soldier and particularly looking whether heavier body armour actually provides less protection because the soldier is less maneuverable. I have a good idea of the academic arguments, but now want to see what soldiers actual experience is.

I do not want to know about protection levels of various body armours, but what I am hoping is to find out where body armours rub, where you get prickly heat, what parts get caught on vehicles and just generally how body armour fit hinders your ability to do your job.

I am interested in all body armour comments, but my study is going to be based on the following armours if you have any personal experience of them.

1. Australian TBAS
2. British ECBA
3. British Osprey
4. Canadian FPV
5. Chinese EBA
6. Danish TYR
7. Russian 6B43
8. US Interceptor
9. Paraclete Alpha 1
10. Pinnacle Dragon Skin

Many thanks in advance...

Hi

Just joined Pakistan Defence, although like a number of others, have read the forums for a number of years. I want to be up front as I have seen the reaction often given to new members when asking questions.

I am currently doing a study at university into the effect of weight carriage on the soldier and particularly looking whether heavier body armour actually provides less protection because the soldier is less maneuverable. I have a good idea of the academic arguments, but now want to see what soldiers actual experience is.

I do not want to know about protection levels of various body armours, but what I am hoping is to find out where body armours rub, where you get prickly heat, what parts get caught on vehicles and just generally how body armour fit hinders your ability to do your job.

I am interested in all body armour comments, but my study is going to be based on the following armours if you have any personal experience of them.

1. Australian TBAS
2. British ECBA
3. British Osprey
4. Canadian FPV
5. Chinese EBA
6. Danish TYR
7. Russian 6B43
8. US Interceptor
9. Paraclete Alpha 1
10. Pinnacle Dragon Skin

The latest tech is definitely form fitting armor. Lighter, comfier, flexible and level IV BLA protection. US interceptor has seen some trials here but the costs were too high for a single plate. Other armors are not available here for mass use to soldiers as the armed forces issue their own trademark armor.

Thanks very much for the information. What is the armed forces own trademark armor like? My study is to do with any armor and to be honest I had not had experience with the Pakistani Forces equipment. Certainly from what I have seen, the western trend is for much heavier and less mobile armor, is this also the case with the Pakistani armor?

Thanks very much for the information. What is the armed forces own trademark armor like? My study is to do with any armor and to be honest I had not had experience with the Pakistani Forces equipment. Certainly from what I have seen, the western trend is for much heavier and less mobile armor, is this also the case with the Pakistani armor?

Yes but our coverage area is smaller, as the plates are smaller in size. They protect upto 7.62 NATO, which is Level IV.

For all you **** armor info visit this site: Ballistic Body Armour - Lyra (Pvt) Ltd

Many thanks for this link. Given the type of study I am doing, I will add the Pakistani armor to my analysis. Part of the study will analyse the protection level against maneuverability and as it seems that his system is lighter than most western systems, it will be really useful. Thank you.

body_a12.jpg

Dragon Skin is $5000 per jacket if available. Phew!

Hi

1. Australian TBAS
2. British ECBA
3. British Osprey
4. Canadian FPV
5. Chinese EBA
6. Danish TYR
7. Russian 6B43
8. US Interceptor
9. Paraclete Alpha 1
10. Pinnacle Dragon Skin

You are asking 2 seperate and different thing. Armour and Load Bearing equipment.

Armour in itself will not give you a heavier load out. At most you will get 9-15 kg extra loading (When compare to 50-70 KG 3 days load out) Armor is not something that you look closely on battle, i can wear a fullsized Body Armor and it will not hinder my movement, but when i wear a fully loaded LBV, that's 50 KG there and you will started to feel the weight

When i was still in the Swedish Army, they basically have 2 load outs, you either wear a KS Kroppsskydd 94 with your battle uniform, or a SV 2000 Vest with armor plating insert for mission.

Mission load out depend on various factor, ranging from the estimate time you stayed out, and the equipment you need (MIssion orientated), weather and other factors. Sometime wearing a whole body armor will benefit you, some time wearing a LBV with armor insert will be better, there are no universial solution for any situation.

However, what i hear is, most soldier wear LBV w/ Armour insert instead of wearing a whole armor, the reason behind this is they can better configurate the LBV load out and you as a soldier would have a better time wearing it. It is not any kind of problem wearing a different weight distribution until you have to wear that day and night for 3 days straight

s_kroppskydd94_plattor.jpg

attachment.php
skjutbanan_4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom