eastwatch

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
BNP discards Jamaat in Feb 17 rally

Friday, February 15, 2013
BNP discards Jamaat in Feb 17 rally
Staff Correspondent

The main opposition BNP last night decided to shun its main ally Jamaat-e-Islami and hold a rally in the capital on February 17 demanding restoration of the caretaker government system.

The rally was originally scheduled to be held on February, 9, in front of its Naya Paltan central office under the banner of BNP-led 18-party alliance, of which Jamaat is a key component.

In the face of the ongoing mass agitation against Jamaat at Shahbagh's “Projonmo Chattar”, the main opposition felt it safe to disassociate itself with Jamaat, party insiders told The Daily Star.

A group of senior leaders including BNP's Dhaka city unit Convener Sadeque Hosain Khoka told the party's chairperson Khaleda Zia that it would give a bad impression if Jamaat leaders addressed the rally.

The party is in a “great dilemma” centering the historic movement across the country demanding a ban on Jamaat-Shibir politics, said a top policy-maker of BNP, wishing not to be named.

Earlier on February 7, the alliance made the decision of holding a rally in the capital on February 9, at its secretary general-level meeting.

Hours later, the BNP standing committee in a meeting headed by its chairperson endorsed the programme.

However, the decision was postponed after a group of bloggers and activists waged demonstration at the Shahbagh intersection.

Talking to reporters on the following day, BNP Joint Secretary General Ruhul Kabir Rizvi Ahmed blamed the Dhaka Metropolitan Police (DMP) for not giving them permission to hold the rally, a blame which was refuted by Mehedi Hassan, additional deputy commissioner, Motijheel Zone.

Hasan claimed that DMP had not put any obstruction on the BNP-led alliance's rally in front of the party's central office.

In the long run the Jamatis will continue on their downward trend until they become even more of an irrelevance than they are now.

They were around 25% of the votes a few decades back and are now 4.6% and are probably just going to go down even more with:

- Bangladeshi nationalists against them.
- The Islamic community (Tableeghis, Fultolis, Deobandis etc) against them.
- Hindu community
- Many women
- Liberals

If the BNP shun the Jamaat permanently and not just in this rally then they will be respected and applauded for their service to the nation.

The BNP will form the next government.

However if I didn't know that that has already been decided, I'd still want them to win because:

1. The BNP are better than the Awami League minus the Tariq Zia corruption factor.
2. Bangladeshi governments should change rather than having one party in power for a whole decade.

In the long run the Jamatis will continue on their downward trend until they become even more of an irrelevance than they are now.

They were around 25% of the votes a few decades back and are now 4.6% and are probably just going to go down even more with:

- Bangladeshi nationalists against them.
- The Islamic community (Tableeghis, Fultolis, Deobandis etc) against them.
- Hindu community
- Many women
- Liberals

If the BNP shun the Jamaat permanently and not just in this rally then they will be respected and applauded for their service to the nation.

The BNP will form the next government.

However if I didn't know that that has already been decided, I'd still want them to win because:

1. The BNP are better than the Awami League minus the Tariq Zia corruption factor.
2. Bangladeshi governments should change rather than having one party in power for a whole decade.
Even with Tariq, the corruption charges extremely trivial. The numbers are miniscule when you take corruption cases of people like beximco and others.

Even with Tariq, the corruption charges extremely trivial. The numbers are miniscule when you take corruption cases of people like beximco and others.

I don't support any party and they are all corrupt.

I am saying the BNP are better than the Awami League anyway.

Tariq Zia's corruption is well-known, even a friend of mine who is pro-Jamat told me his relatives personally knew of his corruption.

Anyway the topic is not about Tariq Zia but the BNP-Jamat relationship.

The BNP are seeing the huge public sentiment in the country against Jamat and are wondering what to do.

Really? They got 25% of the votes a few decades back? Im quite surprised. I thought they were always fringe players.

Really? They got 25% of the votes a few decades back? Im quite surprised. I thought they were always fringe players.

Ham-Fist do not have a clue
What he is talking about. Jaamat has never gotten 25% of the vote. The false flagger is spreading misinformation.
Jaamat post independence became an irrelevance due to their support for the Pakistan union. After president Zia restablished multiparty democracy both Jaamat and indian financed BAL was rehabilatated..

Jaamat is small but extremely well organised. Theirs is the only party that practices internal democracy and is known for being clean something that is a rarity in BD politics.

Jaamat and BAL were political allies until the former formed alliance with BNP.

Last election in BD was not free. In return for granting the military immunity BAL was allowed to win backed by huge amount of indian money.

In Bangladesh the political makeup is as follows more or less.

BNP - 35-40%
BAL - 25-30%
JI - 10-15%
JP - 5-10%

So you see the game between two groups now BNP+JI vs BAL+JP. In terms of numbers the latter can not challenge the former. BAL is seeking to take JI out of the game.

Ignore hamfisted opinion by false flaggers who has neither the understanding of BD politics nor the intelligence to recognise that BD has a Westminster style first past the post electoral model and as such the number of MPs in parliament is not representative of the popular vote.

In Bangladesh the political makeup is as follows more or less.

BNP - 35-40%
BAL - 25-30%
JI - 10-15%
JP - 5-10%

^

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

images

Bangladesh Awami League 49.0%
BNP 33.2%
Jatiya Party (JP) 7.0%
Jamat e "Islami" 4.6%

The results of the last elections.

Bangladeshi general election, 2008 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Anyway well done to you guys, Jamat improved its share of the vote from the election before that as they had 4.2% in the 2001 elections, and then 4.6% in the 2008 elections.

So you can take consolation from that.

:lol:

I made a mistake whilst typing quickly. No they didn't have 25% of the votes but had far more support (double their current vote share) in the past and yes they always were fringe players and may be heading towards being banned permanently or just complete political irrelevance.

If the BNP ditch them (notice BNP supporter Aazidane is now saying if Jamati leaders are found to be guilty in a fair trial, he will support their execution) and still win then the BNP, many of whose leaders are actually inherently ideologically more incompatible with the anti-independence Jamat than the Awami league, may decide they do not ever need to ally themselves with this evil organization.

The BNP is the true nationalist party of Bangladesh and was founded by the true founders of Bangladesh e.g. ex-East Bengal Regiment officers from the Pakistan army such as Zia and who fought personally against Jamatis and other traitors whilst many in the Awami League senior leadership were relaxing in Calcutta.

The Awami League and Jamat were former bedfellows and part of an alliance.

The Awami League is a corrupt power-hungry party with little scruples e.g. even sleeping with Jamat whereas the BNP is more principled. Contrary to the Jamati propaganda on this forum I am not an Awami supporter or "Awami thug" as they say.

Ignore the character above who called the Awami League "Kaffirs" (non-Muslims/infidels), called me a "Hindutva" (though I am a practising Muslim) and non-Bangladeshi. He likes to declare people who disagree with his ideology as not Muslim or not Bangladeshi.

The true irony is BAL kaffirs are turning to Islamic finance

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangla...ative-build-padma-bridge-2.html#ixzz2KyfSFEtd

Then the Jamatis/Jamati supporters on this forum then go around acting hurt and upset after they are the ones who start insulting and attacking people, and people respond calmly and refute their nonsense and propaganda.

I have never said that Bangladesh does not have a British first past the post system, and this is an invention of the same guy who calls me "Hindutva" and the biggest party in Bangladesh and ruling party, "Kaffirs".

^

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

images

Bangladesh Awami League 49.0%
BNP 33.2%
Jatiya Party (JP) 7.0%
Jamat e "Islami" 4.6%

The results of the last elections.

Anyway well done to you guys, Jamat improved its share of the vote from the election before that as they had 4.2% in the 2001 elections, and then 4.6% in the 2008 elections.

So you can take consolation from that.

:lol:

@ I fully agree with the datas given by mb444. The last election was highly manipulated.

@ Hammer fist ideas/arguments are childish and utopian. He only hates the Jamaties without understanding the ground realities.

@ This is the master plan of India and Awami Leaque to eliminate Jamat-e-Islami and once it is clear it would be very easy to tackle BNP and its tiny alliance.

@ Finally I want to say that the way the Jamati's past activities are predicted in the society but in reality it has a little truth on it. But again it does not mean that they did not supported the Pakistan' Govt. Definitely they supported and they were part of it.

It is unlikely Jamaat will be banned, even if they are banned they will be back if caretaker government takes place. Jamaat is here to stay with or without the alleged war criminals that are being tried on. Fact is jamaat is the third biggest party in Bangladesh, has a lot of money, big investments from people and have very big connections from outside the country. Jamaat is impossible to eliminate from this country, also Jamaat is far stronger now than it was in 1971. I have always stated that a free and fair trial should be conducted for this sensitive issue. War criminals should be punished, but in a due process which upholds democracy in the land.

@ I fully agree with the datas given by mb444. The last election was highly manipulated.

@ Hammer fist ideas/arguments are childish and utopian. He only hates the Jamaties without understanding the ground realities.

@ This is the master plan of India and Awami Leaque to eliminate Jamat-e-Islami and once it is clear it would be very easy to tackle BNP and its tiny alliance.

@ Finally I want to say that the way the Jamati's past activities are predicted in the society but in reality it has a little truth on it. But again it does not mean that they did not supported the Pakistan' Govt. Definitely they supported and they were part of it.

1. And the election before that? Jamat got only 4.2% vote. And the one before? jamat got only 7%. Jamat having more than 7-8% vote is propaganda according to the results of previous 3 elections.

2. Really? Have you looked at his posts closely?

3. BNP is better off Jamat. I just hope Begum Zia would come to her senses soon. That might win her the election.

4. Some of the Jamati leaders commited serious crimes and they should be brought to justice.

Well they neither have as high as 25% or as low as 4.6 % IMO. Don't fall for lunney hammer and his chamcha buddies trolling. They R breeding hatred and showing their bigoted mentality. JI got 4.6% votes in 2008 controversial election where they still managed to increase their vote share. But that's the result of the 30 +seats they contested in with the 4 party allaince. What about the rest 270 seats where BNP nominated candidates? Well U see JI along with JP R the only 2 parties that has a nation wide support base apart from BAL & BNP. JI is bigger than JP though 2008 election revokes that statement. JI voters vote for BNP and the allaince in the rest of the seats where JI don't contest. Even if they have 10000 votes in those areas (would be much higher), they get 2.7 million voters , add that to the 3.2 million (hammer's 4.6%) = 5.9 million votes. That is out of 69.1 million total voters (as per 2008 elec.) giving it a % of 8.5 %. They R king makers in BD politics and also U should know that BD is deeply polarized between BDnationalist/islamist/pro-BD seculars VS awami/leftist brigade.

This 8.5% compose of all section & classes of the society. Same family may have different supporters. Those 5.9mn (most conservative estimate as per 2008) when counted with their respective families count over 15 million people who R Bangladeshis. Now awami/leftist fagots R acting like these people R not humans. Now how would U fell when some lunatic false falgging turd living UK who never set foot on BD spread hatred & false propaganda against your own countrymen? What @mb444 mentioned reflects the reality not hammer and his chamcha's baseless farts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Made up nonsense by awami medias to break up bnp-jamat alliance but i don't think bnp admin by kids that they will fall for this bogus. By the way, mirza fakrul said today that 18 party alliance stronger than ever.:azn:

Joy bangla type bengalis aren't exactly our type of people.:rolleyes:

People Please ignore this 4.7% Argument... only Parliament Seats matter..

in 2001 election BNP got - 193 Seats

Awamileague got - 62 Seats

Jamat got - 17 seats...

Both BNP and Jamat are in stronger position than 2001...

Back
Top Bottom