What's new

BJP ends alliance in Kashmir & Jammu, Mehbooba dumped.

jetray

Reaction score
Country
India
Governor's rule recommended in Jammu and Kashmir

The Jammu and Kashmir Constitution provides for Governor's Rule unlike other states which see President's Rule.
GK Web Desk
Srinagar | Posted : Jun 19 2018 8:22AM | Updated: Jun 19 2018 9:25PM

Jammu and Kashmir Governor N.N. Vohra on Tuesday evening suggested to the Union Home Ministry that Governor's Rule should be imposed for six months in the state after the PDP-BJP coalition collapsed.
The Jammu and Kashmir Constitution provides for Governor's Rule unlike other states which see President's Rule.

“This afternoon Governor N.N. Vohra received a letter by fax, jointly signed by S/Shri Ravinder Raina and Kavinder Gupta, State BJP President and Leader, BJP Legislature Party, respectively, to withdraw BJP’s support to the Coalition Government. Thereafter, Ms Mufti, Chief Minister, tendered her resignation and the Governor has asked her to continue in office till alternative arrangements are made,” said a Raj Bhawan spokesman.
He said the governor spoke to Kavinder Gupta and Mehbooba Mufti to ascertain whether their respective Political Parties intended to explore alternative alliances to form the Government of the State and was informed in the negative by both the leaders.
Governor also spoke to G.A. Mir, President J&K Congress Party, who informed that his Party did not have the numerical strength to form Government on its own or in alliance.
Later, Governor had a meeting with Omar Abdullah, Vice President, National Conference, who stated that there was no alternative to Governor’s Rule and elections.
After concluding his consultations with all the major Political Parties in J&K Governor Vohra has forwarded his Report to the President of India for imposition of Governor’s Rule under Section 92 of the Constitution of Jammu and Kashmir.

http://www.greaterkashmir.com/news/...-recommended-in-jammu-and-kashmir/288318.html

Finally it happens, the alliance with terrorist supporter mehbooba mufti ends. Good riddance , she was covertly giving support to terrorists, seems journalist bukahri's death was the last straw.

The final year plan before the elections is in place.

The dice is cast but how many people know that the dice were loaded by BJP.
Wait for more fire works in surprising places starting to happen in next few months.

Opposition has revealed all their cards for 2019 where as BJP has just shown a little of one of their cards and it sure has shaken the crap out of everyone.

Look at the way how the opposition parties, which when combined would have majority have decided not to come together to form govt in J&K.
They have an inclination of the hammer that is about to fall and it won't just be a military one ;)

Wait for more fire works in surprising places starting to happen in next few months.

Opposition has revealed all their cards for 2019 where as BJP has just shown a little of one of their cards and it sure has shaken the crap out of everyone.

Look at the way how the opposition parties, which when combined would have majority have decided not to come together to form govt in J&K.
They have an inclination of the hammer that is about to fall and it won't just be a military one ;)

Keep mincing words,

Fact of the matter is that a non standard mode of government, and alienating the local representative political party will only give more impetus to the Kashmir's freedom struggle from hindu-stan.

BJP trying to rule J&K all alone without any alliance is nothing but a wild dream. They will never ever get a simple majority. I seriously doubt that they will be able to retain half of their current seats if an interim election were happen. This breakup is a cheap tactics to put all the blame on Mehabooba led PDP for all the miss calculations and stupid policies enforced in the state by last government. But I don't think it will produce any result as expected. J&K is a lost.case for BJP, at least in short term. :p:

BJP trying to rule J&K all alone without any alliance is nothing but a wild dream. They will never ever get a simple majority. I seriously doubt that they will be able to retain half of their current seats if an interim election were happen. This breakup is a cheap tactics to put all the blame on Mehabooba led PDP for all the miss calculations and stupid policies enforced in the state by last government. But I don't think it will produce any result as expected. J&K is a lost.case for BJP, at least in short term. :p:
It depends on what you are expecting , whether it is absolute majority or just want to pass by a thin margin. Other than valley they have good chance in other areas. Getting around 30-35 of 87 seats is good enuf to stake claim for govt. Rest of the support can be cobbled up somehow if there is a hung assembly.

I am sorry to say, but this is pure rubbish.

BJP policy has been a total failure in Kashmir.

Its been so bad that today even dissolution of a government looks better. THat is truly a pathetic state of affair.

Tell me what steps have BJP taken to abolish section 371 ? What are they waiting for ?

Terrorism has increased, alienation has increased, Law and order has taken a beating, .... what is the success story ?

The only success are,

1. Opening of Jammu–Baramulla Railways line to J&K
2. Opening of Chenani-Nashri Tunnel
3. Sanctioning of Zojila tunnel.
4. Fast tracking of six dam's i.e. Sawalkote, Kwar, Pakal Dul, Bursar and Kirthai I and II.
5. Construction of hydropower projects, including the 690 MW Ratli Dam, and 600 MW Kero Dam.

None of which required the cooperation of the state govt.

BJP does not want to "rule" J&K.

They want to put an end to the mess created by Indira Gandhi and pakistan so that India can put this behind us.

BJP will be ok losing J&K as long as India does not lose it. BJP has screwed up in Jammu big time and its time they are punished for being callus with Hindu hopes and aspirations.

The only hope for BJP should be MORE Hindutva, not less and they better learn this lesson Hard and Fast.

It depends on what you are expecting , whether it is absolute majority or just want to pass by a thin margin. Other than valley they have good chance in other areas. Getting around 30-35 of 87 seats is good enuf to stake claim for govt. Rest of the support can be cobbled up somehow if there is a hung assembly.

30-35 is highly unlikely. Most probably it will be a hung assembly as usual. But I don't think the NC will be ready to form an alliance with BJP since that will a big question mark on their narrative/reputation, then how else ?? That is the question. :)

30-35 is highly unlikely. Most probably it will be a hung assembly as usual. But I don't think the NC will be ready to form an alliance with BJP since that will a big question mark on their narrative/reputation, then how else ?? That is the question. :)

More rubbish.

NC used to be NDA partners and so was TMC.

Politics is the art of the possible.

Its been so bad that today even dissolution of a government looks better. THat is truly a pathetic state of affair.

Tell me what steps have BJP taken to abolish section 371 ? What are they waiting for ?

Terrorism has increased, alienation has increased, Law and order has taken a beating, .... what is the success story ?

The only success are,

4. Fast tracking of six dam's i.e. Sawalkote, Kwar, Pakal Dul, Bursar and Kirthai I and II.
5. Construction of hydropower projects, including the 690 MW Ratli Dam, and 600 MW Kero Dam.

BJP does not want to "rule" J&K.

They want to put an end to the mess created by Indira Gandhi and pakistan so that India can put this behind us.

BJP will be ok losing J&K as long as India does not lose it. BJP has screwed up in Jammu big time and its time they are punished for being callus with Hindu hopes and aspirations.

The only hope for BJP should be MORE Hindutva, not less and they better learn this lesson Hard and Fast.
No doubt the fault lies with BJP in its quest for power became blind and joined with anti-national elements like mehbooba. Their opportunism has cost the country lot of lives.

There was no way anything would have happened with terrorist supporter mehbooba in govt. Instead of governance she spent most of the time supporting pakistan & hurriyat.

Radicalization took place bcos mehbooba tied the hands of law enforcement. She was busy creating a situation where only chaos reigned.

No doubt the fault lies with BJP in its quest for power became blind and joined with anti-national elements like mehbooba. Their opportunism has cost the country lot of lives.

There was no way anything would have happened with terrorist supporter mehbooba in govt. Instead of governance she spent most of the time supporting pakistan & hurriyat.

Radicalization took place bcos mehbooba tied the hands of law enforcement. She was busy creating a situation where only chaos reigned.

Nobody had any doubts about what Mehbooba stood for.

It was J&K state BJP who did not give a damn about Jammu and Leh when that is where they should have put in their efforts and focus, while letting the center deal with the closet jihadis.

Instead they played footsie with the devil and ended up with hot $hit cakes in their pockets.

Congress will end up becoming extinct or totally irrelevant party. Political space occupied by congress will be taken over or split by BJP or NC. That should put them in around 30's.

BJP can never form the govt in J&K on their own. That's a fact.
But that was not what post was about.

The break up is a long list reasons and we can safely include the political ones as well. I am not under the impression BJP is a goody goody party. ;)

The only success are,

You gave a list of successes but there are others which will be visible over next few months.
Regarding terrorism, you say it increased, where as the numbers say the number of terrorists being killed has increased.

Think of Kashmir from POV of Chess game. Politics, military and Time form part of chess pieces.

Look at the timing, the Gov rule ends after the parliament session by fact that it can't be imposed more than 6 months, after which they can bring president's rule which needs to be ratified in the next session by which time we will have 2019 elections.

Had BJP tried to do this earlier, they would have been forced to hold another round of elections in J&K simply by the fact that the presidents rule won't be ratified in parliament.

The pieces are in place, now all that's left is for the hammer to fall. Only then we will see what the outcome is.
People thinking of a military or political solution need to understand that the timing is the most crucial aspect of it & the time is now.

Anyone thinking Amit Shah suddenly got up yesterday and decided to end the alliance needs a hard reality check. This was in play 3 years back.

So, what's your alternative?
Gov Rule? Fine, what do u do after it ends in 6 months?
Go for president's rule since you can't have Gov rule again. Cool, Now President's rule needs to be ratified by LS and RS, where it would fail.

So, what you are saying it is 3 year's back BJP should have imposed GOV rule for 6 months after which they would have been forced to hold another elections in J&K.
fantastic - elections are done and results come out. This time BJP may not even be in the picture and PDP or NC in combination with INC get's a majority. BJP get's a big boot. Can't impose Gov rule or President's rule after that eh..

What BJP did last 3 years in J&K was the only option it had and the current move is what it had planned all along. Any other move did not make sense then or does not make sense now.

Don't confuse politics with military options.

You gave a list of successes but there are others which will be visible over next few months.
Regarding terrorism, you say it increased, where as the numbers say the number of terrorists being killed has increased.

Think of Kashmir from POV of Chess game. Politics, military and Time form part of chess pieces.

Look at the timing, the Gov rule ends after the parliament session by fact that it can't be imposed more than 6 months, after which they can bring president's rule which needs to be ratified in the next session by which time we will have 2019 elections.

Had BJP tried to do this earlier, they would have been forced to hold another round of elections in J&K simply by the fact that the presidents rule won't be ratified in parliament.

The pieces are in place, now all that's left is for the hammer to fall. Only then we will see what the outcome is.
People thinking of a military or political solution need to understand that the timing is the most crucial aspect of it & the time is now.

Anyone thinking Amit Shah suddenly got up yesterday and decided to end the alliance needs a hard reality check. This was in play 3 years back.

I suspect a large part of what you said is just Wishful Thinking.

I take a more practical view of things.

Success can be measured with definite parameters and is not dependent on an uncertain future.

BJP has been successful in building physical infrastructure in Kashmir that will strengthen our hold in Kashmir, but has lost out on building a emotional bond with kashmiris.

Releasing stone pelters were a HUGE mistake. Not controlling Media coverage and debate on kashmir was a HUGE mistake. Continuing to allow hate speech in kashmir mosques was a HUGE mistake.

Exposing corrupt Hurriyat was a huge mistake. The corrupt are your best friends if you know how to use them. That is what a good intelligence officer would have done. GoI did the opposite.

BJP approach was ham handed and crude and foolish and sometimes outright stupid.

This was the right time to end alliance

1. PDP itself was planning to end it, and convince people to believe that they did it for larger interest of Kashmiris and against deployment of Indian forces. But BJP played the game.

2. After the cease fire it is confirmed that there is political solution under umbrella of muscle power. Because most of the hecklers remained exposed that they didn't even stop during Ramzan.

3. This point is the most important but I wish not to share here and educate the adversaries. :D ;)

I suspect a large part of what you said is just Wishful Thinking.

I take a more practical view of things.

Success can be measured with definite parameters and is not dependent on an uncertain future.

BJP has been successful in building physical infrastructure in Kashmir that will strengthen our hold in Kashmir, but has lost out on building a emotional bond with kashmiris.

Releasing stone pelters were a HUGE mistake. Not controlling Media coverage and debate on kashmir was a HUGE mistake. Continuing to allow hate speech in kashmir mosques was a HUGE mistake.

Exposing corrupt Hurriyat was a huge mistake. The corrupt are your best friends if you know how to use them. That is what a good intelligence officer would have done. GoI did the opposite.

BJP approach was ham handed and crude and foolish and sometimes outright stupid.

I have presented facts - Facts are hardly wishful thinking.

Since you talked about a practical approach, do let me know what approach you would have taken? Only after that we can proceed with this debate.

Releasing stone pelters was a mistake, which has already been corrected. Media narrative will always be against BJP no matter what, unless they gave Kasahmir a separate nation. So, why worry about the narrative?

Use Hurriyat? How?

You think some one in BJP party was driving the Kashmir policy? Do look around, it has a stamp on it and the person who stamped it is not in BJP.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom