What's new

BJP chief claims English bad for India, triggers outrage

1) I have more knowledge of India over a Pakistani.

2)Chennai is not the euphemism of entire South India. Hindi is gladly accepted in Hyderabad, in Bangalore and even in Kochi. TN is also getting it up rapidly,thanks to Bollywood.

Surely . :) i hade just narrated my experience with common tamils in one of the South Indian regions.

Hyederabad surely will adopt hindi/urdu indeed.

We must not let Indian nukes fall into hands of Hindu extremists and political parties like BJP

until Pakistanis are given the right to vote in lok sabha elections you can't do anything to prevent it from happening :P

i find nothing wrong with preserving own language and culture specially that of Southe India. South Indian culture and language is rich. people taking over foreign languages instead of local ones are fed with this misperception that it looks/sounds more elite if you prefer skirt over sari or shalwar kameez and English over Sanskrit.

That raises another interesting question. Is Salwar kameez foreign or is Jeans/trousers foreign in South India? Both would be a logical answer.

until Pakistanis are given the right to vote in lok sabha elections you can't do anything to prevent it from happening :P

Pakistan , and our 180,000,000 ISI agents in Hindustan will make sure it doesnt happen :chilli: :nana:

And how hasty is hasty??? a few centuries??? I mean its already decades beyond independence...

There is not a single other country which conducts its business in a foreign tongue.

Lasting damage has been done to the country by fake Aryan - Dravidian theories as many Tamils seem to be convinced that they are a different race from the North

Dude,
Brazil: Portuguese
:)

In official circles, most S. Indian states would not react well to correspondence in Hindi (I believe Mulayam Singh got a letter in Kannada in response to one in Hindi in the 1990's).

And why is it that they have no problem with English, but only with Hindi... continuation of slavish mentality I would say. As for Hindi / Kannada, there are people called translators. Do you think Mulayam can even understand official English??

There is no imposition. You are free not to learn English but to insist that others must learn your mothertongue because you don't want to is silly.

Not as silly as trying to glorify learning the mother tongue of a foreigner some 5000 miles away and then feeling very great about it.

If I did go to the rural areas around Bangalore, I guarantee you that they are not speaking Hindi..
.:[/QUOTE]

But surely they were all speaking fluent English...eh??

i find nothing wrong with preserving own language and culture specially that of Southe India. South Indian culture and language is rich. people taking over foreign languages instead of local ones are fed with this misperception that it looks/sounds more elite if you prefer skirt over sari or shalwar kameez and English over Sanskrit.

The same is going on in our country.

ah..it seems like that..language is a carrier for culture..as i said people still speak their mother tounges and not english they use english to speak with a person of different language the same reason why we're conversing in english..but yes westernization and speaking english are two different things..its the nature of culture to flow.if its stagnant its dead..many people who speak of preserveing culture forget this simple thing that they're also a part of a globalized trend..im sure most of the people wear jeans.use cell phones and use internet which are very much adapted from west..i find nothing wrong in adapting to western culture so long as i preserve my own culture..people still use sarees and salwar kameez in india ..by the way..i dnt think my english is that bad either as u said..is it?? ;)

Dude,
Brazil: Portuguese
:)

Not a good example... Brazilians are a mixed race, unlike us. The Portuguese stayed back...

The native language of Amazon Indians was very primitive with no written script unlike the rich choice of languages we have.
And those languages have practically disappeared now... You want the same to happen with Indian languages????

Pakistan , and our 180,000,000 ISI agents in Hindustan will make sure it doesnt happen :chilli: :nana:
Like APJ Abdul Kalam,(most beloved President India got), Moulana Abul Kalam Azad(one of the founding fathers) and Asif Ibrahim(chief of IB) or Aamir Khan.

And how hasty is hasty??? a few centuries??? I mean its already decades beyond independence...

There is not a single other country which conducts its business in a foreign tongue.

Lasting damage has been done to the country by fake Aryan - Dravidian theories as many Tamils seem to be convinced that they are a different race from the North

ofcourse if it takes century then let it take it..65 years is very young in the history of a nation and with 100s of diversities if u coerce a nation then it disintegrates..i understand ur emotions and i respect ur opinion but ur not tryng to get my point..my mother tongue is telugu and im sure ur's is not..so lets communicate in our mother tongues and lets see how much are we comfortable with each other..thats what ur sayng till now..thanks to bollywood and saas bahu serials people are learning hindi..and its happening fast..any wrong step now might bring all the problems back..we sure dont want it do we??lets be patient

ah..it seems like that..language is a carrier for culture..as i said people still speak their mother tounges and not english they use english to speak with a person of different language the same reason why we're conversing in english..but yes westernization and speaking english are two different things..its the nature of culture to flow.if its stagnant its dead..many people who speak of preserveing culture forget this simple thing that they're also a part of a globalized trend..im sure most of the people wear jeans.use cell phones and use internet which are very much adapted from west..i find nothing wrong in adapting to western culture so long as i preserve my own culture..people still use sarees and salwar kameez in india ..by the way..i dnt think my english is that bad either..is it?? ;)

:) usage is not objected indeed. But feeling inferior for speaking local language is indeed not good.

Like APJ Abdul Kalam,(most beloved President India got), Moulana Abul Kalam Azad(one of the founding fathers) and Asif Ibrahim(chief of IB) or Aamir Khan.

Sorry our 179,999,996 agents (counting para-agents too)
:chilli: :nana:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom