What's new

Biggest Asian shopping hub Jamuna Future Park opens today

Why do we actually need this??

At least will create some jobs, that's not bad though I believe we now need such investment on manufacturing only.

You did not understand what i meant. i meant the glamour of the centaurus lies in its arc shaped tall structure which is not complete yet/dont know when will be. And from the inside it looks as any mall should look like . And the mall is actually the bottom structure with wave roof. The three skyscrappers are residential/office blocks.

Better question is,are Bangladeshi people ready for a super-mall? How is such an investment considered profitable if you dont know how the public will react( thats because not too many malls are there in BD). In place,a bunch of mid-size malls across the city would have been better.

How do u know there are not too many malls...stereotyped? Before this South Asia's largest one Bashundhara was also in Dhaka. And there are many small, mid sized ones there in Dhaka. No one goes for such big one at very 1st step.

1378454911-jamuna-future-park-opening-in-dhaka_2597427.jpg

1378454905-jamuna-future-park-opening-in-dhaka_2597419.jpg

1378454908-jamuna-future-park-opening-in-dhaka_2597426.jpg

20130906_200816_zps307a5a47.jpg

Inside Blockbuster movie multiplex .

20130906_190158_zps933327c7.jpg

1176129_653848221305434_2087523427_n.jpg

2013_09_03_8_4_b.jpg

As a South Asian I am glad to see Dhaka now has a grand Mall-it really looks well executed and beautiful.Bangladesh is a rising South Asian star

Thanks...your flag says you are South-East Asian :) .

Cost of the project is estimated at more than Tk. 1000 crore (US$ 167 million) according to the following source:

Jamuna Future Park - Largest Shopping Mall in South Asia - SkyscraperCity
I saw that but I was wandering the power plant alone of 45 mw costs around 50-60 million dollars. I just don't see how you can spend 167 million and become the largest shopping mall in southeast asia. Then there is the marriot hotel with 700 or so rooms and what not. For the largest shopping mall, the expenditure has to be quite big. Anyways, I can be wrong in all this, but according to my estimation, the numbers seem a bit little.
I guess they hyped it up too much, but im guessing there is no substance to it. Same like Bashundhara city. Its big and we can gloat over it, but end of the day, its just a big version of rapa plaza or the likes of it(not taking the cinema hall and a few other bits into account).

Why do we actually need this??

We need more entertainment and recreational venues. Heck, even the Saudis have more than Bangladeshis. Though, I get what you are implying here. The place is bizarrely huge in a crowded area. Offices, shops, universities and such.

I wonder what kind of return Jamuna Group expects out of such a huge and time-consuming investment. There was never any need for such a huge plot for primarily an entertainment venue.

Well Bashundhara City(Largest in South Asia when it was opened) was and still is incredibly successful....So I think this will get a pretty good number of customers too!

That place is good. But not as weirdly huge as that place we are talking about! And what's with the planning? Maybe it's just me, but some things just seem really, really out of place.

Hmm faltu rasta...I've never seen the street without jam. Now after opening this mall it's hell now, there was a report.

I'm with you. I really hate that narrow road.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom