What's new

Beg, borrow or steal: IAF chief's advice to defence scientists

It does not work that way. If DRDO produces the best MBT but Indian army does not think it is good enough then inspite of the good work from DRDo, they will get nothing.
That is a different thing. You tell me, our generals, admirals, air chief all have asked for building of ICBM of more than 12k km range but has anyone even listened to what these people are saying for more than a decade ? No, simply because only government can decide on such issues. Now our forces are asking to steal tech from other countries, no-one will do it unless government ensures that this is what they are sanctioning.

Privatize,they will do these three and more.

Yes, but with the aim on selling these arms and techs, not on what is the best for the country. Private companies always wants to make money in the first place and why they would develop Dhruv for example with the aim to export is mainly, not with the requirements of our forces in mind to use it at such high altitudes. Privatisation is needed, but is not the only solution, IAF/GoI must still have the upper hand and lead the developments into the directions that are important for our forces.

"Beg, borrow or steal"'; excellent approach I must say...

Pakistan has failed in this strategy, instead of us having a better bargain we have less then what we asked for.

We should learn from India the new techniques that we have failed to master........

Peace

The bold step to face the reality was already iterated by the previous vice chief.Challenged GTRE/DRDO and the Govt. Result = nothing much.

Last edited by a moderator:
a famous quote said by freedom fighter and civil rights revolutionary Malcolm X applies here "by any means necessary"

bring more private incorporation into aviation is the only solution..

I thought Kaveri engine project was scraped, if i am not wrong there was big discussion here. Then why is he talking about it?

I hope with MRCA 126 fighter program India will get engine and aesa radar technologies.

HAHAHAHA

I would bet my right leg that if this statement was given by a Chinese or Pakistani chief you folks would be having a field day with accusations of plagiarism , non-indigenous designs.. etc.:blah:

Now look how shamelessly this statement is being defended..:D

HAHAHAHA

I would bet my right leg that if this statement was given by a Chinese or Pakistani chief you folks would be having a field day with accusations of plagiarism , non-indigenous designs.. etc.:blah:

Now look how shamelessly this statement is being defended..:D

Dont have to. Some indians in the past have done exactly this to try to put pakistanis down, but they now realise pakistanis are right. Hopefully they will follow in other areas as well

No surprised, this is the usual Indian conduct in the tech industry..they cannot innovate..but only copy-paste form others..pay a mega buck to a reputable Indian company for a web design only to find that a stolen template worth few dollars was sold to you and that too with very bad code and even poorer support.

No surprised, this is the usual Indian conduct in the tech industry..they cannot innovate..but only copy-paste form others..pay a mega buck to a reputable Indian company for a web design only to find that a stolen template worth few dollars was sold to you and that too with very bad code and even poorer support.

Now imagine how stupid the clients must be considering IT industry in India growing at fast pace. :lol:

Nobody cares what Air Chief says unless GOI also saying the same thing.

GOI is almost ALWAYS the obstacle to modernization, enhancement and futuristic developments in our military.

Wait!!I thought LRDE did develop AESA radars-the L band Sword Fish and S ban AWACS.They recently mastered GaN transmitters.So what is NAK Browne talking about??

Designs, jets, prototypes. Many jet designs got canceled due to time lapses or funding or some other reasons but were successful. Browne is simply telling our folks to start hunting for them instead of dodoing around like typical sarkari jokers with 3 decades further in development.

Though AMCA design is swanky enough. I think HAL should be removed and its scientists should be contracted to private firms as outsourcing of resources. HAL is too slow and laggard to complete so many things in so less time.

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 PM ----------

Dont have to. Some indians in the past have done exactly this to try to put pakistanis down, but they now realise pakistanis are right. Hopefully they will follow in other areas as well

No thanks. Looking at your country's condition (if that can be called a condition that is), I think we're fine to go by our words. Besides, it is China that has done most of the "right" part. What've you done for us to follow you of all the people? :P

I thought Kaveri engine project was scraped, if i am not wrong there was big discussion here. Then why is he talking about it?

I hope with MRCA 126 fighter program India will get engine and aesa radar technologies.

I am not sure the engine ToT would be sold off for a $12b deal. Both Rolls Royce and Snecma have spent many more billions on developing and optimizing their propulsion technology and neither would be willing to give anything more than assembly for the engines in this sort of a deal. This is primarily the issue facing China as well as India. There is no option but to develop this capability on your own or pay an arm and a leg to purchase this capability.

Back
Top Bottom