What's new

BDR Requests Non-lethal Weapons at Border

Here is another more recent occurrence .......which reinforces mine point about Challenging Smugglers rather than opening fire at first sight and the BDR providing covering fire to facilitate smuggler activity ......anyone will think that the BDR personnel has a covert understanding of sorts with the smugglers......

The Telegraph - Calcutta (Kolkata) | North Bengal & Sikkim | Bangla bullets kill jawan, injure villager BSF points to ‘revenge’ motive

Bangla bullets kill jawan, injure villager
BSF points to ‘revenge’ motive
OUR CORRESPONDENT
The injured villager at Malda District Hospital. Picture by Surajit Roy

Miliksultanpur (Malda), July 23: A BSF jawan about to go on leave was shot dead by the Bangladesh Rifles (BDR) in this border village at dawn today, sparking off a fierce exchange of fire throughout the day.

BDR bullets also hit a villager in the leg. Miliksultanpur is located on the border in Kaliachak, around 45km from Malda town.

The BDR firing is being interpreted by the BSF as retaliation to an incident near the border at Nimtita in the adjacent Murshidabad district last Thursday in which an injured Indian jawan shot and killed two Bangladesh border guards.

Sitaram Rawat, the company commandant of the BSF’s 123 Battalion posted in Malda’s Mahadipur, said the BDR suddenly opened fire about 5.30am today, killing K.G. Sudershan, 40, a jawan with the Indian border guards.

“The jawan was hit by several bullets on his chest and back and he died while being taken to the Malda district hospital,” said Rawat.

The injured villager, Sunil Mondol, has been admitted to the same hospital with a wound on his left leg.

Malda district magistrate Chittaranjan Das said Sudershan was supposed to go back to his home in Kerala today. “He had served the paramilitary force for nearly two decades,” said Das.

Rawat claimed that there was a connection between the incidents in Nimtita and Miliksultanpur. “In Nimtita, the BDR had first shot and injured our jawan, who was challenging cattle smugglers. He retaliated and killed two of them. Today’s incident is an instance of revenge killing.”

The commandant added that the firing was planned. “The BDR men were hiding in a field of corn in plainclothes and suddenly started firing at our jawans,” he said.

Additional BSF personnel armed with mortars, machine guns and grenades were sent to Miliksultanpur after today’s incident. The entire border has been sealed and traffic along the road to the trade post of Mahadipur on the Bangladesh border has been stopped.

Local MLA Biswanath Ghosh said he had a narrow escape when he visited the spot later in the day.

“I was greeted by a hail of bullets and had to return quickly,” Ghosh said.

The commandant of the BSF camp at Kahnchantar, D. Khare, said his car was also caught in gunfire from the Bangladesh side when he arrived at Miliksultanpur.

“We had to drive off the road to avoid getting hit,” Khare said.

Last edited:
Huh.. this is not the correct story. Even if I taken it as for granted, a civilian(BDR is in plain cloth, he is considered a civilian under BD law) lured a BSF and BSF got lured and the luring was so much BSF cross the international border under uniform. Means what? Do you find anything wrong with it? I can show you hundreds of cases when BSF intrude BD territorry even killing infants who were sleeping inside their home.

BSF jawan killed in ambush near Bangladesh border - India - DNA

Intrusion is not 100 times more but it was inflated 100 times. If we even looking at the number of indians getting killed by the BSF the number does not show any less. Now taking into account that BDR does not kill indian civilians inside BD territory. If we did kill them then the numbers would had been much bigger. :tup:

the indo -BD border is not very distinctly marked and there are differences in perceptions by the Border forces on both sides which is why we always target( if we are forced to) the smugglers never till date the BDR personnel.......I believe this is one consideration that you have yet to show us......

and in ref to the bold part......if it is Indians getting killed then its the GOI and the WB govt's job to redress their grievances , not the BD govt.....and you are wrong about BDR trying to kill Indian civilians inside BD border.......hardly any Indian civilian ventures into the Bangladesh side ......the BSF checkpoints are much too stringent and patrolling is considerably intense .....the Indian involvement in the smuggling racket ends at the Local Hat's and barter Markets on our side.....not even a middleman would risk getting close to the Border from the Indian side......

Becuase Nepal and Bhutan does not have a border with India. Its open. Srilankans and Maldives living in the sea. Pakistan and India always in a war like situtaion and the border is not popolous. China does not allow you to go close to zero line with arms in a very thinly populated aread. But there are complains that Indians shepard does cross the border and Chinese just shoot them out. There were some discussion in your parliament that I heard and your home minister was too ashamed to accept it. Come to reality world my dear.. :no:

please go through the so called Chinese incursions into Indian territory ...news articles .....in every single case it is the PLA patrolmen who have intruded across the "no mans land" into our territory and have always retreated after certain provocations ( eg painting rocks red with Chinese letters etc)......till date no incidents have come to light regarding any firing across the LAC provoked or un provoked ......because both China and India realize what a dangerous step it would be regardless of all the off-field rhetoric.....so your assertion falls flat on its face.... ...

the only pupported discussion that you heard was a BJP demand of a White paper on Chinese incursions.....

and its not the Chinese govt 's job to allow us nor no .....when the Chinese border is concerned the Indian Army turns real blunt and tough talking ....no hit or miss BSF measures but straight , direct action .....in this regard you are really fortunate that you deal with the BSF....and not IA.......:sniper:

One more incident .....which literally tears BDR 's so called humane credibility to absolute shreds.....take a close look .......

Border story: BSF officer paid price for doing his duty

Border story: BSF officer paid price for doing his duty

Author: Samudra Gupta Kashyap & Imran Ahmed Siddiqui
Publication: The Indian Express
Date: April 22, 2005
URL: Border story: BSF officer paid price for doing his duty

Warned by New Delhi, Dhaka has promised to probe the killing last Saturday of BSF assistant commandant Jiwan Kumar at Lankamura on Tripura�s border with Bangladesh. But in the village of Lankamura and in the BSF camp, they are convinced that there�s very little to probe.

Jiwan Kumar was targeted, they maintain, because he had repeatedly foiled attempts to push people into India illegally. In the last two years, he had become a big hurdle for local smugglers.

��There�s no doubt there was a conspiracy to lure Jiwan Kumar into Bangladesh. It was cold blooded murder, nothing else,�� says S K Dutta, IG, BSF. ��It�s very difficult to deal with the BDR (Bangladesh Rifles). They have no value for human norms,�� he says.

And in Kolkata, 27-year-old BSF jawan Benu Kumar�he was shot in the shoulder when he tried to go to Jiwan Kumar�s rescue and is now being treated at the SSKM Hospital�told The Indian Express: ��They dragged him (Jiwan Kumar) away and attacked him with sharp weapons before gunning him down. Later, they threw his body.��

��They started firing when we tried to rescue him (Jiwan Kumar). I was shot in the shoulder. I ran but collapsed after some time. I do not remember how I survived.�� Benu Kumar was operated upon today at the SSKM and a bullet was removed.

In Lankamura, Jiwan Kumar was known as Khokan Saheb. Nitai Pal, who lives in the village, recalls: ��We watched from our side of the border how Khokan Saheb and six-seven BSF jawans fought a gunbattle against some 200 BDR personnel for over four hours.��

According to Nitai Pal, Jiwan Kumar rushed to the border when he was told that 55-year-old Ramdhan Pal, who had bought four bighas adjoining the border recently, had been abducted by Bangladeshis.

��Khokan Saheb was playing volleyball with his men when a woman and a boy from our village ran to the BSF post to inform them about the abduction. He was in his PT gear. He picked up his revolver and asked six-seven jawans to follow him,�� says Nitai.

Lankamura is near border pillar No 2022/3S and, according to the villagers, two persons from Bangladesh had dragged Ramdhan Pal across the zero line.

Once Jiwan Kumar was at the border, his BDR counterpart asked him to ��come in�� to discuss Ramdhan Pal�s case. During flag meetings, officers from both sides interact freely at the border. Jiwan Kumar hardly suspected a trap. Says a senior BSF officer, ��As soon as he stepped across, he was surrounded by a a group of villagers and the BDR accused him of trespassing. Within minutes, the BDR opened fire, forcing our men to take position and retaliate.��

While Benu Kumar was shot in the shoulder, Jiwan Kumar and another jawan, K K Surendra, found themselves on the Bangladeshi side as they tried to dive for cover. According to BSF officials, the BDR had lined up some 200 men who went on firing for over four hours.

Around 7.45 pm, BSF DIG R K Chaudhuri managed to contact the Comilla-based Sector Commander Jahangir Alam and told him to direct his men to stop firing. The BDR officer told him that the BSF could proceed to the Akhaura check-post and collect the bodies of two persons who had been killed in crossfire.

But when BSF officials reached the Akhaura post, some 4 km from Lankamura, BDR officials there told them that they had no bodies to hand over. They suggested a joint search which began around 9 pm.

Jiwan Kumar�s body was found around midnight. K K Surendra lay unconscious, given up for dead by his assailants. Though the BDR maintains that Jiwan Kumar died in the crossfire, his body bore multiple injury marks other than two bullet wounds. He had been struck with daos (machetes) and there were boot marks all over. This, BSF officials say, cannot be a crossfire casualty.

Ramdhan Pal, the man who had been dragged away from Lankamura, was returned unharmed the next day.

Because we dont have to. We do trust our own people unlike Indians. Just try to roam around inside our territory, and you find yourself in the hand of villager who will just take you to the police station. When BDR unable to petrol our borders for instance Philkhaka incident its our villagers who secured our border with primitive weapons. When Myanmar sents spy with arms inside our border, it was our citizen who caught them and handed over to BDR.
You are not even feeling safe sitting in Delhi or in Chennai. You kill your own citizen without any mercy, you even advocate to mining your own land you even dont control 30% of you own territorry. Do you think a mere fence will save you from all those misery. I respectfully disagree. Some IT professional who are always in a lookout for a US visa or cyber warrior are not your India buddy. Just get out and look around to see the real India and the real Indians. :tup:

We do believe our people, but there are some people live illegally in our country, cant be trusted. They creating some situation with the help of some freak religious men and mostly with illiterate-poor men, can be resolve.
Now look at your side where your so called security forces are not under control, can you solve this problem???

30% not under control- are you joking?

Iajdani^^^ are you trying to compare maoists with BSF personnel ?????

you clearly dont have any idea what you are talking about ......Naxalbari in west bengal was the place in India where Naxalism originated and believe me when I say all these Incidents ( Dantewada, Gyaneshwari Express.....RIP to the departed).....is nothing compared to what took place in west bengal and Kolkata during the 1970's.....you really need to recheck you world views and perspectives if you are habituated to comparing animals with human beings.....

We do believe our people, but there are some people live illegally in our country, cant be trusted. They creating some situation with the help of some freak religious men and mostly with illiterate-poor men, can be resolve.
Now look at your side where your so called security forces are not under control, can you solve this problem???

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Please see some photographs i posted in my earlier post. Do they look like Bangladeshi illeterate poor people?:no:

Iajdani^^^ are you trying to compare maoists with BSF personnel ?????

you clearly dont have any idea what you are talking about ......Naxalbari in west bengal was the place in India where Naxalism originated and believe me when I say all these Incidents ( Dantewada, Gyaneshwari Express.....RIP to the departed).....is nothing compared to what took place in west bengal and Kolkata during the 1970's.....you really need to recheck you world views and perspectives if you are habituated to comparing animals with human beings.....

A dead body is a dead body. It does not remain as BSF or Maoist after death.
What I tried to show that it was the tradition of India not Bangladesh to tie dead body from bamboo. If that is fine with your tradtion that I dont mind. You burn your dead body as well which is 100% ok with me.
But you call us doing that then I have a problem. We just dont do that.

Von Hölle;1159206 said:
Whatever you might say, but it is not India, who is complaining, but rather Bangladesh?..hence if you want to solve the problem, then meet us halfway.

We will have no problems, as long as you will keep your people on your side of the border.

There is no problem. Its just you buy your politician and media BS without any thought.

Let me give you a reality check..

Yes it was heart breaking for us and every Bangaldeshi shown remorse seeing that dead body carried by the villagers and even I thought it was Bangaldeshi villagers who carried it that way. But later i found that it was actually Indian villagers who carried the body that way. It was not us and I never seen anybody in Bangladesh ever carry dead body tiying from bamboo.
I dont know whether it is barbaric or not in Indian tradition but surely it is barbaric to us.
Here is some more pictures of that kind which I found in Indian media.

Looks familiar???

Indian+security+officers+carry+the+body+of+an+alleged+female+Maoist_16062010.jpg

Its nothing to that they have done in resent past with our innocent people as Urbanized Greyhound said. I live just 30km away from the spot, I know the situation, our forces did nothing wrong.

Now let me ask a question, the situation in 1971,where your people were killed.....etc bother you?

I am not trolling, just asking a simple question.

I think the answer is not,
then why we should bother abut the fact you paint inspite of knowing they did the right thing.

Last edited:
Its nothing to that they have done in resent past with our innocent people as Urbanized Greyhound said. I live just 30km away from the spot, I know the situation, our forces did nothing wrong.

Now let me ask a question, the situation in 1971 bother you?
I am not trolling, just asking a simple question.

I think the answer is not,
then why we should bother abut the fact you paint inspite of knowing they did the right thing.

Means 1971 BD independence war?? Or any Indian incidence that I am not aware of? :undecided:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Please see some photographs i posted in my earlier post. Do they look like Bangladeshi illeterate poor people?:no:

And you know I am quite happy after realizing the freedom provided by our constitution.:yahoo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pran_chai View Post

Please see some photographs i posted in my earlier post. Do they look like Bangladeshi illeterate poor people?

I believe this is what pran meant .......

Bangladeshi immigrants hound out indigenous Assamese

MORE THAN two-lakh people in relief camps, more than 1000 houses burnt to ashes, more than 60 lives lost. All this is no wonder, but the smoke and flame is on and people are now roofless even in their own land. Who is responsible for such a grim tragedy?

Every passing year, the landscape is changing in the hands of the illegal Bangladeshi settlers in Assam. In small groups, they are pouring into the land of the local people. Is the state government so caring towards the unwanted guests?

No wonder, reality is yet to stare us in the face. We are all there to experience it. The illegal settlers will become the real king makers in the next couple of years, in Assam. Even then, successive governments with their vote bank politics failed to accept the reality. But the people of Assam continue to suffer.

By turning a blind-eye to the situation, the government is adding to the agony of peace-loving indigenous people, whose very survivable is under threat today.

To live with Bangladeshis is a curse.

The ongoing clash in Udalguri and Darrrang districts is a clear indication of the ground reality that the immigrants from Bangladesh will continue to ignite fuel to the local people in order to occupy their land.

The clash in Udalguri and Darrang district is not between Bodos and illegal Muslim settlers. Its between the indigenous tribes and illegal Bangladeshi immigrants. Though, the Bodos are the main sufferer in the communal flare-ups, other communities like Rabbhas, Garos, Addibasis, Nepali, Assamese are equally being threatened in their own motherland. But the governments denied to acknowledge the truth.

Today, indeginious people are on the verge of extinction due to increased pressure from the illegal immigrants. In eight of the twenty-seven districts in Assam, indigenous people have already become minority.

The hour has come to give safety and security to the people of Assam against illegal immigrants. By imposing indefinite curfew in the region will not solve the problem. Unless and until the massive migration of Bangladeshis in Assam is stopped for ever, the indigenous people in Assam will continue to be the victim of Bangladeshi immigrants. For this, a specific law is needed to prevent any further escalation of the grim problem.

The state government cannot turn a blind eye to the indigenous people. To provide safety and security to the people is the responsibility of the state government. CM Tarun Gogoi is making a mockery of the people of Assam by calling the illegal immigrants as citizens of India.

so tell me after seeing and hearing such incidents what sort of restraint do you expect us to keep ? ......

and even after this those pics of hanging corpses are not of illegal BD immigrants residing in India and never shall be ......

and thats not all......

FOXNews.com - Muslim Persecution of Hindus In India -- The Story You Won't See In the Western Mainstream Media

They are crossing the border illegally and violently displacing the indigenous population whose homes and possessions they either destroy or occupy. They are attacking the young, the elderly, and especially the girls and women, whom they kidnap, forcibly convert, or traffic into brothels. The locals are terrified of them. The police rarely come to their aid, nor do the politically correct media or government. Both are terrified by the criminals and terrorists who are riding these immigrant waves.

I am not talking about illegal immigrants to Europe or North America. I am describing Muslims who are penetrating India’s West Bengal region. These Bangladeshi immigrants are becoming conduits for criminal activities (arms, drugs, and sexual slavery) which also fund global jihad.

You won’t read about this in the Western mainstream media—or even in the Indian media, which has turned a blind eye to this ongoing tragedy because they are afraid to be labeled “politically incorrect” or “Islamophobic.” They are also afraid of reprisals. When Islamic zealots ransacked the office of the renowned newspaper, ‘The Statesman’ in Kolkata, in retaliation for a mere reproduction of an article condemning Islamic extremism, the Indian press remained silent. The editor and publisher of the newspaper were arrested for offending Muslim sentiments and no action was taken against the rioters.

Fortunately, there are a few very brave Hindus who are taking a stand against the Muslim terror campaign in India. One of them is Tapan Ghosh, whom I had the privilege of meeting recently when he came to New York City to talk about anti-Hindu persecution in his homeland. In 2008, Ghosh founded “Hindu Samhati” (Hindu Solidarity Movement), which serves persecuted Hindu communities in both West Bengal and Bangladesh.

As Ghosh emphasized in our interview, the Muslim persecution of Hindus in India is nothing new. Over a period of 800 years, millions of Hindus were slaughtered by Muslims as infidels or converted by the sword. In 1946-1947, when British India was divided into India and Pakistan, Muslims massacred many thousands of Hindus in Calcutta, the capital of West Bengal, and all along the fault line which separated India and Pakistan. Anti-Hindu riots and massacres continued during the 1950s and 1960s, but it was in 1971, when East Pakistan broke away to form the country of Bangladesh, that things worsened for Hindus in the area.
As Ghosh explained to me, “The liberation movement for Bangladesh was characterized by an escalation of atrocities against the Hindus and pro-liberation Muslims. Hindus were specifically singled out because they were considered a hindrance to the Islamisation of East Pakistan. In March 1971, the government of Pakistan and its supporters in Bangladesh launched a violent operation, codenamed “Operation Searchlight,” to crush all pro-liberation activities. Bangladeshi government figures put the death toll at 300,000, though nearly 3 million Hindus were never accounted for and are presumed dead.” U.S. officials in both India and Washington used the word “genocide” to describe what took place.

According to Ghosh, there has recently been a sharp increase in incidents of “Muslim rioting during Hindu festivals, destruction of Temples, desecration of Deities, and large-scale, provocative cow slaughter.” Worse: “Hundreds, thousands, of Hindu girls have been kidnapped, trafficked into sexual slavery, or taken as second or third wives for wealthy Muslim men. In recent years, Ghosh’s organization has rescued nearly 100 such girls, and one of his main missions has been to help reintegrate those survivors into their families and societies.

Ghosh wants the Indian government to stop the illegal immigration from Bangladesh and to force the return of undocumented Muslims; to ban madrassas and polygamy; to enforce a single standard of law and education; and to arrest and prosecute known Muslim mafia kingpins and terrorists. He challenges the media to report on the anti-Hindu atrocities and to address the issue of religious apartheid.

Ghosh is not optimistic. “The establishment of massive Saudi-funded Madrasas across rural Bengal is only contributing to the growing religious extremism among Muslims, [and] implementation of Sharia laws by [Islamic] courts is quite prevalent in many villages.” His greatest fear, he tells me, is that one day shouts of “Allahu Akbar” will ring out across the land and that Muslim zealots will demand that Hindus either convert or leave West Bangal—or die.

Ghosh came to America not just to appeal to Indian-Americans with family and historical ties in West Bengal and Bangladesh but to appeal to all Americans for their support. As he sees it, the battle against Muslim persecution in India is just one front in a much larger battle against Islamic expansionism and terror throughout the world.

All Americans must realize, he told me, “that the war on Islamic terrorism cannot be won without curbing religious extremism amongst the Muslim masses, be it in the suburbs of Detroit or Delhi or villages in rural Bengal. And this will require the active support and cooperation with each other, ranging from cooperation at the highest level to those who work at the grassroots level. We hope that Americans and Westerners will come out and support the Hindus in Bengal in raising resources and creating awareness about our on-the-ground realities.”

the guy may be painting this problem in a religious light but its not about religion at all in West Bengal.....what he says about Illegal immigration is 100% accurate and any bengali even with a soft corner for the East Bengal populace....can verify this.....

illegal immigration is the worst crisis West bengal and by extension India has faced in recent times.....

Last edited:
Do I need to remind when BDR Jawans drop your BSF like birds. As I have put a challenged on open forum. Let your cowards BSF show some gut and shot at our Jawans. You will find out how ruthless meat eater can be.

BSF ke maarbi??beta hugteyo jaiga pabey naa tor moton chuad..

sala mora goru haddhi chabiye super man bontey chas?? 1 kilo khaasi mangso koto log kintey paarey tor deshe??

Is there any reason why most of our your cows end up in BD to get slaughter. :undecided:

bcoz bangladesh and other poor muslim countries are the only countries who will accept substandard meat, i mean i being from bengal perfectly know what kinda cows/bulls u ppl buy .they are all old/ill cattle (those who will not survive so long), coz u ppl cannot buy quality meat. Heck even dogs in indian hindu houses are fed better(costlier/hygenic) meat than what u ppl import(legally/illegally) from india.

Back
Top Bottom