BDR Requests Non-lethal Weapons at Border

eastwatch

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
BDR Urges BSF to Stop Killing
Friday, 24 September 2010
Author / Source : STAFF REPORTER

Bangladesh has urged the Indian border security forces to use alternative to firearms to avoid deaths of ‘innocent Bangladeshis’ in the border areas. Home minister Shahara Khatun made the call at a meeting with the chief of BSF Raman Shrivastava at her office at the Secretariat yesterday, home secretary Abdus Sobhan Sikder told reporters after the meeting in the afternoon.

The BSF chief in reply assured the minister of stopping shooting along the border.
“We are considering whether something else can be used instead of bullets,” the home secretary said quoting the Indian BSF chief as saying.

The BSF authorities were also requested to ensure that any member of the Khashia or other community or other Indian nationals do not move along the border with arms while the BSF also urged Bangladesh that no one should move along the border at night.

The meeting was also attended, among others, by state minister for home Shamsul Haque Tuku, home secretary Abdus Sobhan Sikder, director general of Bangladesh Rifles Major General Rafiqul Islam and Indian High Commissioner to Dhaka Rajit Mittar.

Meanwhile, the director general-level border conference between Bangladesh Rifles and Indian Border Security Force formally began yesterday at the BDR headquarters at Peelkhana in the capital with an aim to resolving a wide range of issues to maintain a secure and peaceful common frontier that stretches over 4,500 kilometres. The six-day conference started focussing on different issues including preventing trans-border smuggling and improving law and order in the border areas.

BSF DG Raman Srivastava is leading a 20-member delegation while BDR chief Md Rafiqul Islam a 22-member team in the conference. At the conference, Dhaka will raise the issue of killing, wounding, and torturing of unarmed Bangladeshi nationals by BSF and Indian civilians at the border, BDR sources said.

Issues of adversely possessed land, illegal construction of structures, abduction of Bangladeshi people by BSF men will also come up for discussion.

BDR Urges BSF to Stop Killing
Friday, 24 September 2010
Author / Source : STAFF REPORTER

Bangladesh has urged the Indian border security forces to use alternative to firearms to avoid deaths of ‘innocent Bangladeshis’ in the border areas. Home minister Shahara Khatun made the call at a meeting with the chief of BSF Raman Shrivastava at her office at the Secretariat yesterday, home secretary Abdus Sobhan Sikder told reporters after the meeting in the afternoon.

The BSF chief in reply assured the minister of stopping shooting along the border.
“We are considering whether something else can be used instead of bullets,” the home secretary said quoting the Indian BSF chief as saying.

Urging or begging to Bharati won't do a damn thing. They will kill the innocent farmers and kids but will not shot at our jawans because they knows well that they will be killed like a coward dogs. It happen before and can happen again. I dare the veggy eating Bharati to shot at our meat eating jawans.

I am sick and tired our government. Bullet should be answer with bullet only. :hitwall:

Urging or begging to Bharati won't do a damn thing. They will kill the innocent farmers and kids but will not shot at our jawans because they knows well that they will be killed like a coward dogs. It happen before and can happen again. I dare the veggy eating Bharati to shot at our meat eating jawans.

I am sick and tired our government. Bullet should be answer with bullet only. :hitwall:

Meat eating jawans !

Never realized eating meat is a sign of being macho. BTW a thread was started yesterday on how many Indians eat meat.The japs over ran SE Asia with only rice in their pouches.

Well the the last time the meat eating jawans fired bullets in anger they shot their own officers and dumped their bodies in drains.

The primary job of the BDR is to protect BD borders and those who live along the borders.Surely they can dominate their own side to monitor what goes on.

How can it be a weapon and not be lethal? Even Tasers can be lethal.....

Plus it's India you are talking about, my friend.

India can follow BDR. BDR carry shot gun along with automatic rifles. BDR hardly fire upon civilians from either side but if they have to they can use the shot gun. We save rifle bullets exclusively for BSF. ;)

Well the the last time the meat eating jawans fired bullets in anger they shot their own officers and dumped their bodies in drains.

The primary job of the BDR is to protect BD borders and those who live along the borders.Surely they can dominate their own side to monitor what goes on.

Do I need to remind when BDR Jawans drop your BSF like birds. As I have put a challenged on open forum. Let your cowards BSF show some gut and shot at our Jawans. You will find out how ruthless meat eater can be.

16 BSF men killed as BDR opens fire

NEW DELHI, APRIL 18. Atleast 16 BSF personnel were today killed in firing by Bangladeshi Army and border force men in a forward village in Assam.

The Union Home Secretary, Mr. Kamal Pande, quoting reports reaching here from the BSF border camp, told reporters that the 16 were killed when Bangladesh Army and BDR personnel resorted to unprovoked firing and shelling on the Boraibari BSF post and civilian areas.

- PTI

Haroon Habib reports from Dhaka:

The BDR Director General, Maj. Gen. Fazlur Rahman, claimed that 16 BSF personnel and two BDR men were killed after the BSF launched a sudden attack in the northern Kurigram district today.

Talking to the Bangla service of BBC from the Indian side of the border, Indian officials said the incident took two BSF lives, while one BDR man was killed.

``Some 33 BSF men entered Bangladesh territory taking cover of smoke shells at Roumari area of Kurigram and started indiscriminate mortar shelling on the villagers'' the BDR chief alleged.

Meanwhile the Indian High Commissioner to Bangladesh, Mr. Moni Lal Tripathy was called to the Foreign Office this afternoon for a discussion on ways to defuse the present tension.

The Hindu : 16 BSF men killed as BDR opens fire

Meat eating jawans !

Never realized eating meat is a sign of being macho. BTW a thread was started yesterday on how many Indians eat meat.The japs over ran SE Asia with only rice in their pouches.

Is there any reason why most of our your cows end up in BD to get slaughter. :undecided:

Why is BDR not competent enough to stop its own civilians from crossing the border, use any kind lethal, non lethal weapon , stop them from crossing the border and getting shot.

Von Hölle;1155021 said:
Why is BDR not competent enough to stop its own civilians from crossing the border, use any kind lethal, non lethal weapon , stop them from crossing the border and getting shot.

Dude, you talk hypothetically. How come Indian BSF cant stop their citizen to even carry weapon let alone cross the border. You dont see Indians crossing border as we dont send you dead body. :angry:

Dude, you talk hypothetically. How come Indian BSF cant stop their citizen to even carry weapon let alone cross the border. You dont see Indians crossing border as we dont send you dead body. :angry:

But BSF is not complaing, BDR is allowed to shoot Indian citizens in case they try to illegally cross into Bangladesh..This what both the forces are deployed at the border for, to stop any illegal activity from happening at the border.

Otherwise why have border security forces at the border at all..have open borders..so that anyone can cross anywhere.

Steps to stop border killings assured

Steps to Stop Border Killings

Following a request by Bangladesh, the Indian Border Security Force (BSF) will take initiatives to stop killings of Bangladeshis allegedly by BSF firing along the Bangladesh-India borders.

"We requested BSF to stop firings along the bordering areas. They assured us of taking steps in this regard," Bangladesh Rifles' (BDR) Director General (DG) Maj Gen Rafiqul Islam said this, while a delegation of BSF led by its Director General SH Raman Srivastava made a courtesy call on Home Minister Sahara Khatun at her ministry office Thursday afternoon, rperots UNB.

State minister for Home Shamsul Haque Tuku, Home Secretary Abdus Sobhan Sikder and Indian High Commissioner to Dhaka Rajeet Mitter were present in the meeting.

The BDR DG said various bordering issues like cross-border smuggling, narcotics and security were discussed.

He said the matter of drug smuggling was highly emphasised in the meeting and assistance was sought from the Indian side to stop it.

Replying to a question, Mr Rafique said list of different frontier points, from where Indian Phensidyl were being smuggled into Bangladesh from India, had been handed over to BSF with photographs.

"BSF assured us of taking initiative in this regard," he said.

Mr Sikder said the matter of adversely-possessed lands was also discussed during the meeting.

Both sides agreed that the matter would be resolved through discussion in the Joint Boundary Working Group meeting, the home secretary said.

Sobhan said the BSF was requested so that no indigenous people, including Khasias, could move with firearms in the bordering areas. BSF assured the Bangladesh side of looking into the matter, he added.

How many times these BSF thugs promised to stop killing of our innocent people in the border? India, by the very character of its people, is always long on promises, and short on deliveries. I do not expect anything will come out from the current promise. I wonder why another of our innocent cow traders has not been killed while the meeting was still going on or the ink on the promisory note was still wet! May be the reporters forgot to report!

Do I need to remind when BDR Jawans drop your BSF like birds. As I have put a challenged on open forum. Let your cowards BSF show some gut and shot at our Jawans. You will find out how ruthless meat eater can be.

Is there any reason why most of our your cows end up in BD to get slaughter. :undecided:

Well well, we have an angry young man in our midst.

The reasons why cows end up in BD is ( a) Less ppl eat them in India & ( b) The thriving illegal border trade.

The world saw the ruthlessness of the 'meat eaters" when they slaughtered their unarmed & defenseless officers.

If BDR jawans cross the border, they too shall be shot at.

Yes, we do not send dead bodies of those thousands who cross our border in the early morning to work as daily labours in the agriculture farms in the border villages. We do not also kill these Indians when they cross back to their poor country in the evenings or after the harvesting season. We are a civilized nation and our BDR troops are most civilized.

Well i fully support BSF getting non-lethal weapons. BSF's goal is border protection. If it can be done without killing, it should be encouraged. Its sad when innocents are killed.

Long term solution, however, is fencing and mining of the border. It will stop this to and fro crossings for good. I think India should really push the agenda to fence the border. aside from stopping illegal immigration and trafficking, it will also stop cross border shootings.

Well i fully support BSF getting non-lethal weapons. BSF's goal is border protection. If it can be done without killing, it should be encouraged. Its sad when innocents are killed.

Long term solution, however, is fencing and mining of the border. It will stop this to and fro crossings for good. I think India should really push the agenda to fence the border. aside from stopping illegal immigration and trafficking, it will also stop cross border shootings.

border mining...:rofl::rofl::rofl:
dude you are something.. are you for real??? who will get killed with those mine? it will be indian only. just go to your border and see the activities of your own citizen. i been there. its usually the indians who comes to border more than bdans.
its easy to utter those words sitting on easy chair. but border is livelyhood to too many people, from either side of the border. your citizen need to cross the fence to plough their land in this side of the fence. your citizen need to collect stones in all across Meghalaya border and bring them to this side of the border where we process them and send them back to India through Tripura border. You want to mine the border? you better talk to your own citizen in bd border they will just kick you out of your own cuntry. they worth more than you do and as much indian as you are.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom