What's new

BD type 056 launched in Wuchang Shipyard

H/PJ-15 30mm turret on both sides....
plus it has HQ-10 SAM for point defence....
I think BD and CHina shall reinforce the bi-lateral relationsip with each other in the future. Chinese have very postive feeling towards Bangladeshis. F111 'independance' is the most advanced covette CHina ever exports, Will BD consider type 054A frigate in the future?

I think BD and CHina shall reinforce the bi-lateral relationsip with each other in the future. Chinese have very postive feeling towards Bangladeshis. F111 'independance' is the most advanced covette CHina ever exports, Will BD consider type 054A frigate in the future?

BD Navy can go for it as BD Navy wanted budget of around 3 billion yuan for 2 new frigates.

Last edited:
I'm pretty positive that Bangladesh is going East in terms of building its naval forces, also the land forces.... the second batch of the Durjoy-class LPC is starting shortly here with Chinese technical assistance.... as most of the short-term needs of the Navy are nearing fulfillment, it would now be possible to go for the next phase, where we would probably look for some more capable frigates.... possibly with good air defence capability.....

Whats the armament?
no details but basic version has followings:

• Guns: 1 x 76mm main gun; 2X 30mm gun
  • SSMs: 4 x YJ-83
  • SAMs: 1 x 8 barrel HQ-10
  • ASWs: 2 x 3 barrel 324mm Yu-7, 4 x Yu-8(optional replacement of the YJ-83 for type 056A)

comparing.png

The radar for BD type 056 seems different from P18N from Nigeria from my vision

no details but basic version has followings:

• Guns: 1 x 76mm main gun; 2X 30mm gun
  • SSMs: 4 x YJ-83
  • SAMs: 1 x 8 barrel HQ-10
  • ASWs: 2 x 3 barrel 324mm Yu-7, 4 x Yu-8(optional replacement of the YJ-83 for type 056A)

That's for the domestic variants. I doubt it will have HQ-10 for the scaled down export models. The Nigerians and Thais didn't get it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom