What's new

BD to buy 44 armored vehicles from China

nope. Total number of type 59, 69, 79, 2000, light tank procured by BD is above 800. But they are not all active... There are 10 Tank regiments now in BA.. So total 440 tanks are active... Others are reserve, obsolete or modified into infantry fighting vehicle....

^^ Exactly my point. We have around 500 or so ACTIVE tanks capable of combat. I am not too sure about the reserves as our units are less in number comparatively.

We cannot increase our tanks because of few obvious reasons. Hence would like to see strong anti-tank weapons and other tactical equipment being used in order to counter enemy tanks.

Cheers!!!

BSF use different uniform and does not use carl gustav.

bsf-patrol.jpg

The Official BSF video confirms a BSF Jawan Shooting a Carl Gustav from BSF patrol boat.

Here is a news link to confirm Carl Gustav being issued to BSF.

Adding stealth

Even ITBP (Indo-Tibetian Border Police) for that matter use Carl Gustav and carrying the same outside the jail where Ajmal Kasab is placed.

soldier in your pic is from indian army and using indian army combat uniform.

Indian Army and BSF uniforms changes from region to region. Please check your facts.

I can show you different uniforms in Rajathan, different on Bangladesh Border, Different in Punjab and different in Kashmir.

Check your facts before commenting.

GB

---------- Post added at 02:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 PM ----------

I have no hatred. My only problem with you is your tendancy of putting fake news/fake pictures and twisting with words.

Milgem Corvette of Bangladesh Navy for instance.

GB

The Official BSF video confirms a BSF Jawan Shooting a Carl Gustav from BSF patrol boat.

Adding stealth

Even ITBP (Indo-Tibetian Border Police) for that matter use Carl Gustav and carrying the same outside the jail where Ajmal Kasab is placed.

Indian Army and BSF uniforms changes from region to region. Please check your facts.

I can show you different uniforms in Rajathan, different on Bangladesh Border, Different in Punjab and different in Kashmir.

Check your facts before commenting.

GB

---------- Post added at 02:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 PM ----------

I have no hatred. My only problem with you is your tendancy of putting fake news/fake pictures and twisting with words.

Milgem Corvette of Bangladesh Navy for instance.

GB
How is Milgem relevant here?? We were talking about Tanks..... Show where is fake news in this thread!!

How is Milgem relevant here?? We were talking about Tanks..... Show where is fake news in this thread!!

Not this thread. Your general tendancy.
They do use Carl Gustav. Along with RPG-7.

Check out their list of weapons used.
Border Security Force - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wikipedia anyone can go and edit/update anything. I have shown you links/sources apart from Wikipedia in case of Carl Gustav.

You can return the favor with RPG-7 claim. Show me any non Wiki link/source. Point is BSF never used RPG-7.

GB

Wikipedia anyone can go and edit/update anything. I have shown you links/sources apart from Wikipedia in case of Carl Gustav.

You can return the favor with RPG-7 claim. Show me any non Wiki link/source. Point is BSF never used RPG-7.

GB

Fair enough.

As far the Milgem goes, it is apparently under discussions. BD government don't officially make such discussions public to avoid public backlash.

Remember, the two ladies are bitter foes. They'll try to bite off each other's fat ***** for the biggest chunk of flesh possible just to make their points.

Adding stealth

GB

Carl Gustav is a deadly weapon Don’t under estimate it.

The Indians used it successfully in 1999 kargil to destroy bunkers on top of chokis.

If you read accounts by Indian soldiers or independent journalists then it shows how they were used to a great affect in close range combat.

Btw do the BSF on indo Bangladesh border carry those weapons?? In reserve or as frontline?

hmmm..... Carl Gustav against MBT 2000 :unsure:

Peace

Why Indians are talking about Carl Gustav in BSF hands when none of our tanks are in the hands of BGB? As far as I know, BGB has a few APCs only. CG is a potent weapon that can destroy enemy tanks at close proximity. But, BD may not choose to fight a tank war, because Indian tanks will collapse in our quicksands and muds.

Our 44 tanks are on top 7 new tanks that the govt bought earlier this year. Now, indians will love to assume we have only 51 MBTs. We have more than 800 tanks. But, many of these are old and 2nd generation. Some of these have been upgraded to 2nd+ generation and some have been converted to something like APCs or armoured personnel carriers.

BD soil and topography are suitable for those tanks that can float like boats and swim like sharks. Indian ingenuinity may find out ways to convert their heavy 50 ton tanks to swim only like pigs.

HJ-8 (I think) fired at a Type-96 (vid description about it being Type-99 is wrong).

Last edited by a moderator:

BD soil and topography are suitable for those tanks that can float like boats and swim like sharks. Indian ingenuinity may find out ways to convert their heavy 50 ton tanks to swim only like pigs.

Well, the T-72 is still their front-line tank. And it is lighter than the MBT-2000. But still, the T-72 is a 2nd generation tank. MBT-2000 has much better mobility even though it's heavier.

I don't think MBTs are supposed to swim, but they can travel under shallow waters.

A heavier Leo 1 beats the lighter T-72.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why Indians are talking about Carl Gustav in BSF hands when none of our tanks are in the hands of BGB? As far as I know, BGB has a few APCs only. CG is a potent weapon that can destroy enemy tanks at close proximity. But, BD may not choose to fight a tank war, because Indian tanks will collapse in our quicksands and muds.

Our 44 tanks are on top 7 new tanks that the govt bought earlier this year. Now, indians will love to assume we have only 51 MBTs. We have more than 800 tanks. But, many of these are old and 2nd generation. Some of these have been upgraded to 2nd+ generation and some have been converted to something like APCs or armoured personnel carriers.

Bro...talking about India, not all of their tanks are 50 tons. They do have lighter tanks that will function well on our lands.

Plus, it wont be a face-to-face tank battle. Hence such assumptions are a bit weird!

Cheers!!!

Back
Top Bottom