What's new

BD bid for 2036 Olympics?

There is no requirement for BD to borrow any money to build the infrastructure for the Olympic Games.

In 2022 it would be something like 4 months worth of exports and in 2036 maybe single month of exports spread over a whole decade.

Like I say all that BD would need to build in addition by 2036 would be the actual sports infrastructure as road, rail, metro, airport expansion/modernation etc is being done anyway and actually scheduled to be completed by then as well.

Olympic village can be put just outside Dhaka and that could link with the metro lines/motorways etc. in the planning works.

What about the hotel infrastructure for visitors?

What about the hotel infrastructure for visitors?

BD in 2036 will be a country of 200 million people with plenty of hotel rooms due to a population that increasingly uses hotels when visiting other cities or going on holiday within the country.

I doubt whether a single hotel specifically for visitors would be required to be built for visitors due to the large number of hotels already available for the domestic population - just give priority for hotel rooms for visitors during the games.

Last edited:
BD in 2036 will be a country of 200 million people with plenty of hotel rooms due to a population that increasingly uses hotels when visiting other cities or going on holiday within the country.

I doubt whether a single hotel specifically for visitors would be required to be built for visitors due to the large number of hotels already available for the domestic population - just give priority for hotel rooms for visitors during the games.
এমন এক জাতি আছে
যারা কথা বলে বড় হয়
কিন্তু কাজে কিছু নয়।

You greatly symbolize that nation of big talkers.

It will be a shame to host Olympics and then win zero medals in it. Our nations should first focus on our sports infrastructure and training.
Bragging, deception, scapegoating and blabbering should be introduced as Olympic sports - I am sure people from this region would steal all the medals.

You can bid, but you won't win. Doesn't matter if you are actually capable of hosting it in 2036.

Back
Top Bottom