What's new

Battery structure of national long-range air defense system SIPER unveiled

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Battery structure of national long-range air defense system SIPER unveiled

Speaking at the ESAS’20 event, Serhat Gençoğlu, Presidency of Defense Industries Head of the Department of Air Defense and Space, presented the battery structure of the Long Range Regional Air and Missile Defense System (UMBHFSS) SİPER.

Gençoğlu stated that the Fleet Control Center (FKM, connected to the Air Force Radar Network – RADNET. The Fire Control Center (AKM) transfers the data to the FKM via the Communication Station Vehicle (HIA). Communication Relay Tool (HRA) is used for transmission. The figure of the system, which includes four missile launcher vehicles with six missile launchers, also includes the Missile Transport Loading System (FTYS) vehicle.

The figure also demonstrates data transfer from the Peace Eagle Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircraft (AEW&C) via Link-16.

Gençoğlu confirmed that TEIRS (Portable Early Warning Radar System) radar will be used for SIPER and a version of SIPER can be used in the Naval Forces together with ÇAFRAD (Multifunctional Phased Array Radar).
ASELSAN-EIRS-Erken-Ihbar-Radar-Sistemi-6.jpg
ASELSAN EIRS mounted on Seyit vehicle
Turkey’s long-range air defense system project is carried out by ASELSAN, ROKETSAN and TUBITAK SAGE.

The tests have begun on the EIRS (Early Warning Radar System) which will be the Long Range Search Radar (UMR) of the ÇAFRAD system. As part of the project, the system is planned to be delivered in the first quarter of 2021.

In the Multifunctional Phased Array Radar (ÇAFRAD) project, as it is the main sensor of the TF-2000 anti-air warfare destroyer, there are some various developments that may imply the TF-2000 project proceeds to the Phase-2.

SIPER-Hava-Savunma-Sistemi-.jpg

Tags: çafradEarly Warning Radar Systems (EIRS)eirsSIPERTEİRS

Seray Güldane

Seray Güldane
M.A War Studies, B.A English Translation and Interpreting. UAV researcher, editor and interpreter.

Battery structure of national long-range air defense system SIPER unveiled | English Defence News (defenceturk.net)

considering the fast progress of EW and advanced air warfare by Turkey I am confused why Turkey bought the S400 SAM system from Russia at the expense of the F35

I mean Turkey can within a few years have a system similar to the S400 but it will take a few decades to achieve anywhere near the capability of the F35 fighter

so it would have been better to take the F35 delivery learn how to build parts of the 5th generation fighter while making up the lost ground of a SAM system

by the end of this decade they would have F35 + Home build SAM and also have the ground ready for the indigenous 5h generation fighter

the F35 would have helped Turkey in its own quest for a 5th generation fighter

considering the fast progress of EW and advanced air warfare by Turkey I am confused why Turkey bought the S400 SAM system from Russia at the expense of the F35

I mean Turkey can within a few years have a system similar to the S400 but it will take a few decades to achieve anywhere near the capability of the F35 fighter

so it would have been better to take the F35 delivery learn how to build parts of the 5th generation fighter while making up the lost ground of a SAM system

by the end of this decade they would have F35 + Home build SAM and also have the ground ready for the indigenous 5h generation fighter

Can you explain how you calculate these dates, then look for an answer to the question. America is our enemy and any weapon it gives us is not for our benefit and we need to set up our air defense

Will take more than a few years for system same as S-400, but regarding your statement I think it's true. F-35 was a force multiplier.

Back
Top Bottom