What's new

Barkha Dutt slams Arnab Goswami, says 'ashamed to be from same industry as him'

Sir, I was talking about their professional life as well.
I already said that I know they might have specific political view... but they do conduct debates/discussion in a gentle and fair manner... the same people who call them anti Indian will be happy to accept any pakistani anchor who says good stuff about India as fair and unbiased... think about it, are they anti pakistani for sticking their head out and saying what they think(which could be wrong)..
everybody is biased one way or other.. anyway.

I already said that I know they might have specific political view... but they do conduct debates/discussion in a gentle and fair manner... the same people who call them anti Indian will be happy to accept any pakistani anchor who says good stuff about India as fair and unbiased... think about it, are they anti pakistani for sticking their head out and saying what they think(which could be wrong)..
everybody is biased one way or other.. anyway.

Job of the journalists is to report Facts and Facts only and not to shove their opinions disguised as facts down our throats. and what fair manner you are talking about the left and dhongress dominated debates with minimum or no right wing representation ? lol

I already said that I know they might have specific political view...

I couldn't care less about her political view. Most anchors are biased that way.
BUT
There are certain lines one should not cross. Praising Pakistan would not make a certain anchor bad. It's denouncing and destroying own countries institutions that seals the deal.

As an example, Burkha used Kanhayya's father to show the humane side, just to score points.
Similarly Wani's father. With Burkha the list goes on. This has nothing to do with political affiliation. There is a deeper malice at work here, hence the hatred from a large section towards her and her channel.

As a counter, you would be hard pressed to see any rNDtv going to Kashmiri Pandits family who lost their children and doing exclusives. Similarly, not one Hindu who lost their near and dear ones in Godhra Train burning was ever shown. The List goes.

It's the agenda. Political affiliation are superficial and have a specific political objective. With rNDtv, the objective is something sinister.

I know Barkha has pro congress bias(probably)
Write it down on stone. Yes,she is.
BD and Chidambaram are thick friends,which is well known among the journalists (not maligning her).

she is gentle and empathetic to her guests,
Then you should have watched her interview with Smriti Irani where her questions were peppered with sarcasm, for which she was lambasted by Ms.Irani, in her style.

I have seen her getting riled up and sometimes emotional, but even with that I cant find another anchor who can match her skill
As an anchor, may be.
But as a journo she has lost her credibility. From Kargil war coverage to leaked radia tapes BD has earned the ire of majority of Indians and like you she too is a devil's advocate (lol) , and here's why.

Last edited:
Job of the journalists is to report Facts and Facts only and not their to shove their opinions disguised as facts down our throats. and what fair manner you are talking about the left and dhongress dominated debates with minimum or no right wing representation ? lol
there is always a bjp rep in almost every debate I watch on ndtv.. its either Nirmala Seetharaman, or Sambir Patra .. sometimes shaina..
these are news anchors not DD newsreader who read from a script.. Barkha is a political editor for example and part of her job is to analyse the news.. also network with politicians/newsmakers so that she gets the info first... at the same time she should give the opposing voice a chance... most of the time they do..

Write it down on stone. Yes,she is.
BD and Chidambaram are thick friends,which is well known among the journalists (not maligning her).

Then you should have watched her interview with Smriti Irani where her questions were peppered with sarcasm, for which she was lambasted by Ms.Irani, in her style.

As an achor, may be.
But as a journo she has lost her credibility. From Kargil war coverage to leaked radia tapes BD has earned the ire of majority of Indians and like you she too is a devil's advocate (lol) , and here's why.
I know she is compromised but even then she is among the best... its shameful that I dont have many to choose from.. so for now I will stick to her. :)

barkha's journalism days are over... if you want good journos you should probably stick to print media...

I know she is compromised but even then she is among the best... its shameful that I dont have many to choose from.. so for now I will stick to her. :)

You're confused.
You treat her only as an achor.
Look at her body of work, what credibility does it have? The news she brings to you is manipulated.
If you know she's compromised and yet you watch her shows then you must be one of those who falls for sweet talkers.Lolz

As an example, Burkha used Kanhayya's father to show the humane side, just to score points.
Similarly Wani's father. With Burkha the list goes on. This has nothing to do with political affiliation. There is a deeper malice at work here, hence the hatred from a large section towards her and her channel

Have u ever seen her with the parents of kargil martyrs Manoj pandey or saurabh kalia or Vikram batra ??

specially when everyone knows that what happened with Captain Kalia was inhumane and his parents should get justice . . . a single show about him demanding our counterparts to admit the mistake and asking for apologies ? not even one (not that i know ) !! but she was quick to blame IA and govt. for what happened in kashmir unrest in last few weeks.

funny thing is during 2010 close to 119 ppl died but the seculars were at the center so no aggressiveness from the "gentle and fair" lady *wink wink*

these are news anchors not DD newsreader who read from a script.. Barkha is a political editor for example and part of her job is to analyse the news.. also network with politicians/newsmakers so that she gets the info first... at the same time she should give the opposing voice a chance... most of the time they do..

i wonder what political analysis she was doing in the active warzone and wasnt possible in a normal studio during 1999 kargil war, compromising security of our troops. :)

You're confused.
You treat her only as an achor.
Look at her body of work, what credibility does it have? The news she brings to you is manipulated.
If you know she's compromised and yet you watch her shows then you must be one of those who falls for sweet talkers.Lolz
I rely on multiple sources for raw news.. and NDTV for analysis/debate... they seem to do it in a fair/gentle/nice manner that I can watch. if you have a better program do tell me... comparing ndtv with times now is like comparing... dont even know how to compare... :)
typical times now viewers are lower middle class self righteous man/woman, who knows answer to all the problems in the world..
times now is India tv... in English language... I actually like India tv when aap ki adalat is on air.. :)

Have u ever seen her with the parents of kargil martyrs Manoj pandey or saurabh kalia or Vikram batra ??

specially when everyone knows that what happened with Captain Kalia was inhumane and his parents should get justice . . . a single show about him demanding our counterparts to admit the mistake and asking for apologies ? not even one (not that i know ) !! but she was quick to blame IA and govt. for what happened in kashmir unrest in last few weeks.

funny thing is during 2010 close to 119 ppl died but the seculars were at the center so no aggressiveness from the "gentle and fair" lady *wink wink*

i wonder what political analysis she was doing in the active warzone and wasnt possible in a normal studio during 1999 kargil war, compromising security of our troops. :)
in the land of blinds.. one eyed man is king... there is no better anchor even with all her faults you listed.. shameful but thats how it is. :)

I rely on multiple sources for raw news.. and NDTV for analysis/debate... they seem to do it in a fair/gentle/nice manner that I can watch. if you have a better program do tell me... comparing ndtv with times now is like comparing... dont even know how to compare... :)
typical times now viewers are lower middle class self righteous man/woman, who knows answer to all the problems in the world..
times now is India tv... in English language... I actually like India tv when aap ki adalat is on air.. :)
You mean you like Barkha Dutt the TV ANCHOR. Yes?
But rest of us here are talking of her as a journalist. i hope you got the drift of it.

in the land of blinds.. one eyed man is king... there is no better anchor even with all her faults you listed.. shameful but thats how it is. :)

watch some reality shows if u are looking for some good Anchors !!!

we are talking about Journalists here !!! :)

You mean you like Barkha Dutt the TV ANCHOR. Yes?
But rest of us here are talking of her as a journalist. i hope you got the drift of it.
yes exactly.. I dont consider those who spend most of their time in newsroom(and sometimes parachuted to cover an important event) as doing much journalistic work.. journalism requires you to spend a lot of time in field... usually you spend a lot of time on one story at a time... you dont have much time for anything else.
I dont remember when she did any journalistic work in last 10 years...

watch some reality shows if u are looking for some good Anchors !!!

we are talking about Journalists here !!! :)
right.. so arnab is a journo now?

Back
Top Bottom