What's new

barak 8

dani958

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Israel
Indo-Israeli Barak 8 Missile System will provide 'Unmatched' Air Defence capability to Armed Forces
Wednesday, July 27, 2016
By: The Financial Express

• 5_img127716205622.jpg

India and Israel are jointly developing and producing the Barak 8 missile system for the Indian Navy and the Indian Air Force (IAF). While the long range surface-to-air missile (LR-SAM) variant is meant for the Indian Navy, the medium range surface-to-air missile (MR-SAM) version has been developed for the IAF.

The missile system can detect incoming enemy aerial targets i.e. aircraft or anti-ship missile over 100 km away and destroy them at range out to 70 km, said Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar in a written reply in the Rajya Sabha during the Monsoon session of the Parliament. “The system will provide unmatched air defence capability to the assets of Indian Armed Forces,” he said.

The MR-SAM project for the IAF is estimated to cost about Rs 10075.68 crore. The contract for this missile system project was signed in February 2009. With preliminary and critical design reviews of the system complete, DRDO recently successfully flight-tested three MR-SAM systems in end of June and beginning of July this year. According to DRDO, which is jointly developing the Barak 8 with Israel’s IAI, the MR-SAM system provides reliable air defence at medium ranges.

The LR-SAM project has an estimated cost of Rs 2606.02 crore. The contract for this was signed on January 27, 2006. The missile system has a range of 70 km and its test firing was successfully conducted in November 2014. Another test was conducted in Israel in November 2015. Two Operational Flight Trials (OFT) have been conducted successfully from INS Kolkata on in December 2015, Parrikar said. Such type of medium range surface-to-air missiles (SR-SAM), having striking ranges from 50 to 70 km, can fill the gap of existing missiles that India has in its armory at present.

So what? Israel buys it too.
IAI and India payed for the development, both India and Israel will pay to buy it
Yes. correct statement. but Israel is only manufacturing the missile. It has more know how of the production process. If I am not incorrect.. the missile is further enhanced to meet the requirements of Indian forces and once approved will be mass produced in India.

Yes. correct statement. but Israel is only manufacturing the missile. It has more know how of the production process. If I am not incorrect.. the missile is further enhanced to meet the requirements of Indian forces and once approved will be mass produced in India.
Most of the system is designed, invented and produced in Israel, and only small amount of it in India.
Altho, I guess it'll be logical that India will produce system components in the future

but they develop part of it and put half of the money

So what? Israel buys it too.
IAI and India payed for the development, both India and Israel will pay to buy it

Most of the system is designed, invented and produced in Israel, and only small amount of it in India.
Altho, I guess it'll be logical that India will produce system components in the future

The development of the BARAK-8 was a joint effort by IAI and DRDO. Naturally IAI has extensive expertise in this field and contributed the lion's share of development work and from what I understand DRDO's efforts were centrered around propulsion on the whole. Joint production has already begun in both India Israel for their respective markets.

This is a devestatingly effective system that will give any opponent headaches.
ob_f06937_lrsam-barak-8.jpg

The BARAK-8 is a highly succesful demonstration of what these two great nations can do together and surely more success lies ahead for them. Already, the BARAK-8's range has been increased from 70km to 90km and a land based version (MR-SAM) has been tested for the Indian Air Force in India, now onto bigger and better things....

Last edited:
I read somewhere India has raised the concerns about its cost and wants to reduce it..

I read somewhere India has raised the concerns about its cost and wants to reduce it..
Cost is a concern in every project and they can alsways be reduced with greater production volume and efficencies over time.

india want to purch alot of weapon from isreal and its expensive what can we do? that the price dont forget we transfer technology its have its own price too

india want to purch alot of weapon from isreal and its expensive what can we do? that the price dont forget we transfer technology its have its own price too

lol ok bro quiet fair :cheers:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom