What's new

Barak-8 is India's answer to Pakistan's Harpoon Anti-Ship Missile

Combat radius at what weapon load and flight profile and speed + the combat radius advertised by the OEM is the radius at best suited speed and altitude and the radius of 1352 looks dubius, which could only be possible with zero weapon load, and 3 drop tank and speed of 0.9 match at 2500 feet because even f-16 has the combat radius of 500 KM with 2WVR, and 2 LGB with Hi-lo-hi profile on its internal fuel.

First how CMK 400AKG is a carrier killer which it is been advertised, because it cannot be a carrier killer because it would need more than 50 hits to distroy a carrier completely. Second can you post the link, which shows the testing of CMK 400 AKG by chinese, and its ready for deployment. Third I agree with bilalkhan777 that, it is only the marketing strategy of the Chinese for its JF-17 for its sale, because JF-17 is a pretty ordinary fighter jet, but its the weapon package which is very attractive. Last display in a some event is just a dummy weapon, it donot prove that the Missile is ready.

It needs a pretty basic understanding....
Its a carier killer caz of its speed at impact is high enough to cause enough kinetic damage to criple a large ship and take it out of conflict ( functional kill) ... same is true for df 21d...
Subsonic mussiles wont do enough damage to a carier....

It has been repeatedly steted by both pakistani and chinese officials that its qualified on jf..

This specific question was asked at paris aor show by janes that is it under testing? Answere was it is qualified and functioning....

There is nothing to suggest contrary except some egoes

It needs a pretty basic understanding....
Its a carier killer caz of its speed at impact is high enough to cause enough kinetic damage to criple a large ship and take it out of conflict ( functional kill) ... same is true for df 21d...
Subsonic mussiles wont do enough damage to a carier....

It has been repeatedly steted by both pakistani and chinese officials that its qualified on jf..

This specific question was asked at paris aor show by janes that is it under testing? Answere was it is qualified and functioning....

There is nothing to suggest contrary except some egoes

I love it how bluff of nations becomes fact.

Distance between Peshawar and Karachi is 1101 kilometers (684 miles)
JF-17 unrefuelled combat radius is 1,352 km (840 mi). Which leaves 250km plus your missile range to play with from Peshawar, assuming you fly back again to Peshawar. But this would reduce response time. So coastal base might be better. Ferry range is 3,482 km (1,880 NM), so an easy hop to Karachi if need be, either before or after a mission.

Nobody is going to operate ASM missions from Pesh. All ASM aircraft and weapon will be stored at coastal bases and units.

Well if some one think they are showing off a non existance system in international airshows....and continuosly lying about it to most prestigeous defence magazine while being in negotiations with several countries to sell that particular aircraft.....

That some one either have a very good source....which no one has...

Or they need their head examined by an animal psychiatrist.....

What is the authantic source to negate the claims????

And that bluff thingy... so they have bluffed america russia and 214 other countries i guess....

But u are too smart .... u caught their bluff.....bravoo

Well if some one think they are showing off a non existance system in international airshows....and continuosly lying about it to most prestigeous defence magazine while being in negotiations with several countries to sell that particular aircraft.....

That some one either have a very good source....which no one has...

Or they need their head examined by an animal psychiatrist.....

What is the authantic source to negate the claims????

And that bluff thingy... so they have bluffed america russia and 214 other countries i guess....

But u are too smart .... u caught their bluff.....bravoo

Thank you for the valuable comments. Isn't this is a BARAK SAM thread? How did this become a JF17 ASM thread? Do you make all your arguments with personal attacks, and crude suggestions?

I may need to get my head examined as you suggest, but you need to get your manners examined.

You can suggest that I am using conjecture, opinion, and just making false claims, but son, mind your language if you do choose to share your so called mis-informed patriotism on an "opinion" blog.

Coming back to my earlier "claim" there is no "Carrier Killer" ASM in Pakistani inventory. This weapon was qualified but not ordered or test fired. C802 is on order. It has been qualified, but no known test firing data is available.

Combat radius at what weapon load and flight profile and speed
Specifications | JF-17 Thunder
CAC/PAC JF-17 Thunder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

+ the combat radius advertised by the OEM is the radius at best suited speed and altitude and the radius of 1352 looks dubius, which could only be possible with zero weapon load, and 3 drop tank and speed of 0.9 match at 2500 feet because even f-16 has the combat radius of 500 KM with 2WVR, and 2 LGB with Hi-lo-hi profile on its internal fuel.
If you have a better figure, please provide (including source)

For the general argument made, it is of no relevance however: JF-17 takes aerial refuelling, or it relocates to a different base.

So how did a plane JF-17 which had 135Km detection range for naval ship can use a full range of CM400 against a highly protected carrier group by Mig -29 and EL/M-2248 MF-STAR is going to guide it's SAM Barak --1 and Barak - 8 and AK-630 close-in anti-missile gun system

@Penguin please give some input on same

OTHER RECON ASSETS (e.g. long range MPA, submarines, electronic emissions detection landstations and ships) + DATALINK.

MF-Star does not 'guide' anything: Barak-1 is command to line of sight and only on P15A it is cued by MF-Star, because it is a 3d radar assets (by seperate EL/M-2221 STGR radars on other ships). Barak-8 is active radar homing (has its own radar on the missile).

Do not be fooled into believing that the presence of certain 'systems' mean complete protection. If that were the case, the USN would be invulnerable in view of their aircraft, radar and long range SAM (and they aren't). The earth is round, which limits radar coverage, unless you have AEW assets. Weather conditions may hinder aircraft launch and recovery. Other threats may necessitate diversion of air assets. Your close in SAM or CIWS needs to be switched on, in automode. Etc etc.

Nobody is going to operate ASM missions from Pesh. All ASM aircraft and weapon will be stored at coastal bases and units.
Or not. You wouldn't know. If I were PAF, I wouldn't tell.
Anyway, the point is not whether PAF would, but whether PAF could.

Your longest operational JF17 squadron is up there. I would expect them to have received training in all available weapons, more so than e.g. the shortest operational JF-17 squadron. Where they are located if not really relevant: they can relocate, they can use aerial refuelling, they don't need to return same base that they departed from.

Nuking the navy fleet. I think in Pakistan should changed ABCD to Nuke B C D.

It can carry conventional warheads too.

Although nukes against IN fleet is an option but last resort.

OTHER RECON ASSETS (e.g. long range MPA, submarines, electronic emissions detection landstations and ships) + DATALINK.

MF-Star does not 'guide' anything: Barak-1 is command to line of sight and only on P15A it is cued by MF-Star, because it is a 3d radar assets (by seperate EL/M-2221 STGR radars on other ships). Barak-8 is active radar homing (has its own radar on the missile).

Do not be fooled into believing that the presence of certain 'systems' mean complete protection. If that were the case, the USN would be invulnerable in view of their aircraft, radar and long range SAM (and they aren't). The earth is round, which limits radar coverage, unless you have AEW assets. Weather conditions may hinder aircraft launch and recovery. Other threats may necessitate diversion of air assets. Your close in SAM or CIWS needs to be switched on, in automode. Etc etc.

Or not. You wouldn't know. If I were PAF, I wouldn't tell.
Anyway, the point is not whether PAF would, but whether PAF could.

Your longest operational JF17 squadron is up there. I would expect them to have received training in all available weapons, more so than e.g. the shortest operational JF-17 squadron. Where they are located if not really relevant: they can relocate, they can use aerial refuelling, they don't need to return same base that they departed from.

You have a point. However, JF17 is designed from the get go to interoperate. In an ASM role, the weapons for a specific theatre would be stored in the theatre, while any aircraft could carry them. However, it is not rational to deploy ASM qualified squadrons to the north of the country. It has not been done before.

You have a point. However, JF17 is designed from the get go to interoperate. In an ASM role, the weapons for a specific theatre would be stored in the theatre, while any aircraft could carry them. However, it is not rational to deploy ASM qualified squadrons to the north of the country. It has not been done before.
It is if that is where the first and longest operational jf-17 squadron is.

CXdIhDrUAAEU-oK.jpg:large

CXdKFAjU0AA8IGO.jpg:large

LR SAM launch

Credit: Livefist

Video:

Huge leap forward! #IndianNavy's #INSKolkota successfully test fires long range surface to air #missilepic.twitter.com/CVrbklChzJ

— ET Defence (@ETDefence) December 30, 2015

CXdIUYhUwAARkwI.jpg

CXdIUL-UkAEJDXh.jpg

CXdIU1XUsAAf7Z6.jpg

Another video

Source: BREAKING: LR-SAM Successfully Tested From INS Kolkata | Page 3

Pakistan defense analysts praising and worried about BARAK 8 naval SAM system.

Israel is giving india world class technology

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...C25F6F441CED99B7679AC25F6F441CED9&&FORM=VRDGA

BARAK 8 is used with MF STAR Aesa Radars . The Radars track hundreds of targets upto 250km away and s close as 0.5 km

Your JF17 will be picked up 250 km

BARAK AS A RANGE OF 70KM upto 120km

it is lethal

BRILLIANT VEDIO ON BARAK 8 SAM System

India has created a COMPLETE 100KM radius sam system over all its major warships

Your JF17 could also be tracked and taken put by these beasts who will also provide air superiority covr over the entire indian ocean region

And remember India has 250 of these so COVERING NAVAL operations is no issue

Back
Top Bottom