What's new

Barak-8 is India's answer to Pakistan's Harpoon Anti-Ship Missile

Two different things, innit.

If this picture source of your information, then the Lord help you.
Just nullifying your comment that Chinese are just "putting" it on exhibition......

Just nullifying your comment that Chinese are just "putting" it on exhibition......

They are putting it on exhibition, that expression is correct to the dot. The weapon has not been purchased by Pakistan.

They are putting it on exhibition, that expression is correct to the dot. The weapon has not been purchased by Pakistan.
According to the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI), the PAF ordered 50 CM-400AKG, it took delivery of 30 of them. See attachment.

Attachments

• Trade-Register-2010-2014.pdf
    9.9 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
According to the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI), the PAF ordered 50 CM-400AKG, it took delivery of 30 of them. See attachment.
Agreed but on same forum I have read PAF Chief interview in which he clearly disclosed that though CM400AKG qualified for integration with JF17 yet not been installed.

May be they dont feel the need of an hypersonic anti ship missile and feel subsonic ones are more than adequate....

They wont be only ones

Agreed but on same forum I have read PAF Chief interview in which he clearly disclosed that though CM400AKG qualified for integration with JF17 yet not been installed.
PAF chief has nothing to do with Cm400akg... It is for air arm of pakistan navy

A PAF technician at the Paris Air Show, when I asked him if its been done, he said it can be fired from the JF17.

China pushes a lot of its stuff to Pakistan, or uses PAF for advertising. The weapon has not been procured, as it does not fit the CONOPS of PAF and PN. C802, on the other hand, has been ordered by both Pakistan Navy and Pakistan Air Force, as a common and proven weapon system

A PAF technician at the Paris Air Show, when I asked him if its been done, he said it can be fired from the JF17.

Yes, it has been qualified, but not been procured. It is really not required.

PAF chief has nothing to do with Cm400akg... It is for air arm of pakistan navy

Where is the Air Arm of Pakistan Navy? Why doesnt it have to do with PAF Chief? Get your ducks in a row friend, even 8th sq which was raised with PN funds is operated by PAF. There is an overlap in the Maritime strike squadron by PAF remains to be the operator, as PN never ventured into the jet age.

May be they dont feel the need of an hypersonic anti ship missile and feel subsonic ones are more than adequate....

They wont be only ones

Does not fit the CONOPS. Subsonic missiles with radar seekers are much better weapons than straight runners.

China pushes a lot of its stuff to Pakistan, or uses PAF for advertising. The weapon has not been procured, as it does not fit the CONOPS of PAF and PN. C802, on the other hand, has been ordered by both Pakistan Navy and Pakistan Air Force, as a common and proven weapon system

Yes, it has been qualified, but not been procured. It is really not required.

Where is the Air Arm of Pakistan Navy? Why doesnt it have to do with PAF Chief? Get your ducks in a row friend, even 8th sq which was raised with PN funds is operated by PAF. There is an overlap in the Maritime strike squadron by PAF remains to be the operator, as PN never ventured into the jet age.

Does not fit the CONOPS. Subsonic missiles with radar seekers are much better weapons than straight runners.

Why would they not procure the CM400? The task for the missile is different than the general pupose salvo launch of C802/803 missiles. The former is needed to target the bigger ships.....destroyers/ACC, when homing in at Mach 3 or above, the chances of intercept are very low.

Why would they not procure the CM400? The task for the missile is different than the general pupose salvo launch of C802/803 missiles. The former is needed to target the bigger ships.....destroyers/ACC, when homing in at Mach 3 or above, the chances of intercept are very low.

I don't think there is anyone on this forum who can answer that.

I don't think there is anyone on this forum who can answer that.
Why not? I thought for a while, that you knew what you were talking about?
CM400AKG is the missile for export, and naturally, PAF would be the first choice. It is the missile that makes JF-17 compete in the export market because no other nation will sell this kind of technology to a third world developing nation.
It is what makes JF-17 multi-role and a killer combination.

Now whether it has been procured to date, i don't know. But PAF will definitely want to get their hands on such kind of missiles, even if in limited numbers.

Back
Top Bottom