What's new

Bangladesh’s per capita income to increase by $233 by June, estimated to be $2,824: BBS

I see no point on arguing who is doing better pakistan vs Bangladesh. We are both at the bottom of gdp per capita charts. Where bangladesh is still dirt poor with less than $3k per capita, pakistan with less than $1500 assumably at no better place. Its like a slum dweller is arguing with a homeless who is 8jliving a posh life. Better we talk about where our countries will be in next 10- 20 years. Are you having progress or going back. We need to workout proper distribution of wealth in bangladesh and pakistan should look at why their economy is going backwords as how to tackle the eminent economic collapse of going bankrupt. Hope pakistan passes this critical time well. As a banker I can only say this dont take loans you cant service, if you already have then dare not default on it.

It will take pakistan some time to bring its gdp ratio down by paying back existing loans. This will seriously hamper its development but it is essential that pakistan look at long term sustainable growth rather than competing with india and bd now. Its a long race and you can catch up later with increasing your speed and Bangladesh is a prime example. But in short term it should focus on avoiding bankrupcy as this will take pakistan decades back.

Its evident that pakistan politicians have brought home way more white elephants with foreign loans compare to us. Cutting down spending on overambitious infrastructure with questinable economic returns need to be revised and bringing down debts should be a priority.

Trust me,No bangladeshi wants a failed pakistan though we have a history. A bankrupt pakistan will create a major imbalance of power in south asia. Hope that doesnt happen.

Why no point in stating that BD is doing FAR BETTER than Pakistan when a butthurt Pakistani poster insists that BD GDP figures are fake? No-one talked about Pakistan here till that was brought in.

Unfortunately there is NOTHING in Pakistan in the last 75 years that suggest it will be able to grow its per capita anymore than 2-3% a year annual average. No magic wand is going to appear that will fix Pakistan's inability to form a state that puts socio-economic development at its heart.

They are currently arguing whether Imran Khan has been kicked out of power in 4 years by a US inspired army coup. Do you see why this is a stark illustration of where Pakistan is in 2022?

BD is now growing its per capita at 6-7% average and in 15-20 years time the difference will be massive and stark between the 2 countries - BD as a semi-developed county and Pakistan still a 3rd world one.

Yes BD for strategic reasons wants a successful Pakistan but it needs to plan for one that is likely to stay povery ridden for decades at least and learn how best to secure it's position next to India and Myanmar.

Why no point in stating that BD is doing FAR BETTER than Pakistan when a butthurt Pakistani poster insists that BD GDP figures are fake? No-one talked about Pakistan here till that was brought in.

Unfortunately there is NOTHING in Pakistan in the last 75 years that suggest it will be able to grow its per capita anymore than 2-3% a year annual average. No magic wand is going to appear that will fix Pakistan's inability to form a state that puts socio-economic development at its heart.

They are currently arguing whether Imran Khan has been kicked out of power in 4 years by a US inspired army coup. Do you see why this is a stark illustration of where Pakistan is in 2022?

BD is now growing its per capita at 6-7% average and in 15-20 years time the difference will be massive and stark between the 2 countries - BD as a semi-developed county and Pakistan still a 3rd world one.

Yes BD for strategic reasons wants a successful Pakistan but it needs to plan for one that is likely to stay povery ridden for decades at least and learn how best to secure it's position next to India and Myanmar.

BD is Asian tiger. BD is going to improve at a rapid rate for many years to come. I have said this many time. BD can be a role model for Muslim countries.

BD is Asian tiger. BD is going to improve at a rapid rate for many years to come. I have said this many time. BD can be a role model for Muslim countries.

Maybe one day Pakistanis will decide that they have had enough of their corrupt and incompetent leaders and join the rest of S Asia in moving towards socio-economic development.

Pakistanis in the UK are well educated, they do well and so can Pakistanis in Pakistan as well.

At this stage I find it hard to imagine them doing this in my lifetime as they haven't done so in 75 years of independence.

Both BD and India within a decade of independence started laying the foundations for their current growth. It takes decades to put things into place to grow at 5-6% sustained per capita average.

I don't know about India but BD will welcome and assist in any way possible when Pakistanis decide they want to get progressively richer with each generation. That is up to them of course to decide their own destiny.

Last edited:
Maybe one day Pakistanis will decide that they have had enough of their corrupt and incompetent leaders and join the rest of S Asia in moving towards socio-economic development.

Pakistanis in the UK are well educated, they do well and so can Pakistanis in Pakistan as well.

At this stage I find it hard to imagine them doing this in my lifetime as they haven't done so in 75 years of independence.

Both BD and India within a decade of independence started laying the foundations for their current growth. It takes decades to put things into place to grow at 5-6% sustained per capita average.

I don't know about India but BD will welcome and assist in any way possible when Pakistanis decide they want to get progressively richer with each generation. That is up to them of course to decide their own destiny.
There are far too many things standing in Pakistan’s way:

1. Military industrial complex
2. Feudalism
3. secessionists
4. Religious fundamentalism
5. Cultural barrier against women

In this globalist world you cannot have a competitive manufacturing sector without mass participation of women.

But Pakistanis think they can become rich by selling fighter jets to Iraq, Burma and Argentina.

My friends in ISRO have the same delusion lol

Fact that not even the U.K. or France make a profit on fighter jet sales - doesn’t deter our brave Pakistanis!

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom