What's new

Bangladesh's garment exports up 12.17% to $35 bn in July-Mar 2023.

Homo Sapiens

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh

Bangladesh's garment exports up 12.17% to $35 bn in July-Mar 2023​

05 Apr '23
2 min read
Pic: Shutterstock.com

Pic: Shutterstock.com

INSIGHTS​

• Bangladesh's RMG exports increased by 12.17 per cent to $35.252 billion in the first nine months of fiscal 2022-23.
  • Woven RMG exports grew faster than knitwear.
  • Woven and knitted apparel, clothing accessories, and home textile exports together accounted for 86.55 per cent of Bangladesh's total exports of $41.721 billion during July-March FY23.
Readymade garment (RMG) (Chapter 61 & 62) exports from Bangladesh increased by 12.17 per cent to $35.252 billion in the first nine months of fiscal 2022-23 (July-June FY23) compared to exports of $31.428 billion in July-March 2022, as per provisional data released by the Export Promotion Bureau (EPB). Woven RMG exports grew at a faster pace than knitwear.

RMG exports from Bangladesh were 3.37 per cent higher than the target of $34.102 billion for July-March 2023, as per EPB data. Exports of knitwear (Chapter 61) increased by 11.78 per cent to $19.137 billion in July-March 2023, as against exports of $17.119 billion during the same months of the previous fiscal.

Exports of woven apparel (Chapter 62) increased by 12.63 per cent to $16.114 billion during the period under review, compared to exports of $14.308 billion during July-March 2022, as per the data.
  • Home textile exports (Chapter 63, excluding 630510) decreased by 25.73 per cent to $659.94 million during the period under review, compared to exports of $1,157.86 million during July-March 2022.
At the same time, woven and knitted apparel, clothing accessories and home textile exports together accounted for 86.55 per cent of Bangladesh’s total exports of $41.721 billion during July- March FY23.

In 2021-22, Bangladesh achieved an all-time high in the value of its RMG exports, reaching $42.613 billion, which represents an increase of 35.47 per cent compared to the exports of $31.456 billion in fiscal 2020-21. Despite the global slowdown, Bangladesh has succeeded in achieving positive growth in garment exports in the recent months.
Fibre2Fashion News Desk (KUL)

@bluesky

SHW provides a congenial atmosphere where these companies can carry out their great work.

IND & PAK too have "private companies which weave, pack, transport and export/ ship their goods" but I dont see similar growth there.

Regards

@bluesky

SHW provides a congenial atmosphere where these companies can carry out their great work.

IND & PAK too have "private companies which weave, pack, transport and export/ ship their goods" but I dont see similar growth there.

Regards
You believe that where there is no Hasina there is no country or even if there are countries they are being destroyed.

Rome was not built in a day/ year or by one person/ generation. But, Indian idiots think Hasina is building everything when a country's development works continue for centuries. BD garments started when Ershad was the President.

I wish someday BD builds industries and builds infrastructures with its people and technologies. I guess you have little knowledge of what I am trying to convey.

But note what happened to SL and Pakistan. Similar things happened in most Latin American countries in the last century. But I know you have little knowledge about what happened to those countries when they borrowed and built structures.

You have to understand why BD has reduced Forex now.

@bluesky said : You have to understand why BD has reduced Forex now.

But that is not unique to BD isnt it? All non oil exporting EMs have seen depletion of forex reserves. For instance, India has seen a USD 80 billion erosion in reserves.

Regards

@bluesky said : You have to understand why BD has reduced Forex now.

But that is not unique to BD isnt it? All non oil exporting EMs have seen depletion of forex reserves. For instance, India has seen a USD 80 billion erosion in reserves.

Regards
As usual, you bring out a part of a post and answer it to prove yourself right. Very cheap stunt.

Why do not you have little or no knowledge about the Latin American countries of the last century? Why they are not developing any further?

Back
Top Bottom