What's new

Bangladeshis hold demo to demand release of jailed leaders

pkuser2k12

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
mozaheb20130204131649510.jpg

Thousands of Bangladeshis have taken to the streets in the capital Dhaka to demand the release of six jailed leaders of the country’s Jamaat-e-Islami party.

The rally took place on Monday in the city's principal business district, Motijheel where thousands of Jamaat leaders and activists reportedly participated in the demonstration.

Following the rally, a senior leader of the party, Selim Uddin issued a statement saying that “There is no scope to give verdict from a controversial tribunal to save the country from the civil war... Don't push the country towards a civil war by creating discord.”

On January 31, a similar protest was held in the capital where police fired tear gas and rubber bullets to disperse protesters.

The leaders, who are on trial before Dhaka's International Crimes Tribunal (ICT), are accused of playing roles in atrocities committed during the 1971 war of independence against Pakistan.

Opponents call the charges false and accuse the ruling Awami League government of using the ICT, created in 2010 to try war crimes suspects, as a political tool to target the opposition.

Human rights groups have also expressed concern over the fairness of the trials, demanding that they be held according to international laws.

In January, a Muslim cleric was sentenced to death in absentia in the first ICT ruling, while verdicts against two Jamaat leaders are expected in early February.

source:
PressTV - Bangladeshis hold demo to demand release of jailed leaders

This is a small crowd. If u had seen a normal crowd of bnp and AL u wouldn't have mentioned this.Most of them are detouched from Bangladeshi community. People dont support them and they are the people whom are lacked behind from some basic human needs.
Now in Bangladesh they are treated as terrorists.

This is a small crowd. If u had seen a normal crowd of bnp and AL u wouldn't have mentioned this.Most of them are detouched from Bangladeshi community. People dont support them and they are the people whom are lacked behind from some basic human needs.

Coverage of Bangladesh in the Muslim world is dominated by people loyal to the 4.7% tiny minority of Jamati supporters.

Bangladeshis need to educate other Muslims about the real nature of Jamat and the real history of 71. There need to be Arabic, Turkish, Persian, Malay etc publications.

If u had seen a normal crowd of bnp and AL u wouldn't have mentioned this.Most of them are detouched from Bangladeshi community. People dont support them and they are the people whom are lacked behind from some basic human needs.

Deliberate propaganda.... they are shibir activists and they are well integrated in Bangladesh Society.... I live with all type of students - neutral, chatradal . chatraleague and shibir.... and from my experience i know shibir are respected more than other political groups in case of person to person relationship... What i mean Bangladeshis might hate Raazakars and might link Shibir with the group - but face to face they have good relation with Shibir activists.. One example - is retina coaching center - the most successful one which is run by Jamat and Most Bangladeshi parents send their sons and daughters there... So please lie somewhere else..... Not here...

Deliberate propaganda.... they are shibir activists and they are well integrated in Bangladesh Society.... I live with all type of students - neutral, chatradal . chatraleague and shibir.... and from my experience i know shibir are respected more than other political groups in case of person to person relationship... What i mean Bangladeshis might hate Raazakars and might link Shibir with the group - but face to face they have good relation with Shibir activists.. One example - is retina coaching center - the most successful one which is run by Jamat and Most Bangladeshi parents send their sons and daughters there... So please lie somewhere else..... Not here...

They are respected as long as they hide their actual mask. They will first ask for prayers and iman aman then they will invite to support shibir. I never knew my close friend support shibir and they secretly brain wash ppl. Now they have entered in business of coaching centers and educational institute. From here they r trying to collect new members. They make an innocent child shibir by an age where they dont understand what is wrong.

And parents are now worried if their child is now trapped by shibir.

They are respected as long as they hide their actual mask. They will first ask for prayers and iman aman then they will invite to support shibir. I never knew my close friend support shibir and they secretly brain wash ppl. Now they have entered in business of coaching centers and educational institute. From here they r trying to collect new members. They make an innocent child shibir by an age where they dont understand what is wrong.

utter Bullshit... i was a student of Retina.. I had very good relation with all the bhaiyas... Yes they asked me to join them very politely.. I remember that sms - " Bhaiya you have to take responsibilities, you have to take our place " - I ignored.. Brainwash?? a 19 year old kid should know how to make decisions... They never said anything else... Thats it.. Still they are my friends and close seniors... they are thousand times better and patriotic than drug addicted other political activists.....

Parents are worried of trap?? I dont think so.... My mother is awamileaguer and she sent me to them... And all other my friends .. none of their parents were worried... leave this silly accusation mate... Not good for health.....

utter Bullshit... i was a student of Retina.. I had very good relation with all the bhaiyas... Yes they asked me to join them very politely.. I remember that sms - " Bhaiya you have to take responsibilities " - I ignored.. Brainwash?? a 19 year old kid should know how to make decisions... They never said anything else... Thats it.. Still they are my friends and close seniors... they are thousand times better and patriotic than drug addicted other political activists.....

So why do u ignore recent incident where shibir is exposed in popular high school making members.
Their age varies from 10-15. I dont think they r matured enough to make decisions. I closely observed them at my school.
I knew about their works from my childhood. They used to make meeting secretly within a walled boundary or on someones rooftop.
Shibir is just a pipeline for jamat.

As your ideological GORU claimed only 4.7% support jammat, there should not be any worries about such small number of Shibir. Parents are more worried that kids learn hindi and learning from Awami League/Chatra league killing and looting examples.

So why do u ignore recent incident where shibir is exposed in popular high school making members.
Their age varies from 10-15. I dont think they r matured enough to make decisions. I closely observed them at my school.
I knew about their works from my childhood. They used to make meeting secretly within a walled boundary or on someones rooftop.

I know that too.. They used to organize Quiz competitions in my school days and used to invite us to join them.. I even went to their meetings - as you mentioned secret meetings on rooftop; how silly... What i remember- they explained Islamic things and teachings- thats all... I didnt like it and ignored it.. they never bothered to knock me again... i am requesting you to leave this silly discussion and propaganda - Unlike other political party members ( opportunists actually), shibir activists are committed ideologists.. we all know that.. now leave this gibberish and sleep...

Despite all their hard work against Bangladesh, they only get 4.7% of the vote.

LOLZ.

:lol:

4.7%

Despite all their hard work against Bangladesh, they only get 4.7% of the vote.

LOLZ.

4.7%

How do you know 4.7%? source?? Jamat is part of BNP alliance which means Jamatis vote for BNP and BNP vote for Jamatis (candidate wise).. how do you separate them?? Dont say your data is from 1991 election...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom