What's new

Bangladeshi music

what does "otopor" mean??

'Otopor' (to me) means henceforth.

It can also mean (depending on context)...

then, henceforward, hereafter, since, so, thence, hence, thenceforth and thenceforward

and i have a suggestion for all music threads on pdf ( or for any vid posted )... all these huge number of embedded yt or dm vids per page make the browser hang ( at least in my slax linux 2 gb ram case )... so instead of embedding the vid, one can remove the "http://:" part and copy the rest of the url... this will just retain a link to the individual site page that carries the vid and leave the pdf page to load faster and without hanging the browser.

OK I'm embedding a couple of Youtube video links without the 'https://' - the first one is a traditional song by Miftah Zaman called (interestingly) 'Otopor'.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=yO8Z19FZQgo

www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hxInLPIQ6c

See if this hangs your LINUX box.....:-)

OK everyone say 'Welcome Back' to Arefin Rumi from a long hiatus. New music video per the recent popular traditional/modern fusion route locally. Who's the Pari ? Don't know but I'm a lookin' :-). In any case Arefin knows his ugly butt is no Hoor and the ponytail didn't help either. :laugh:

Kichhu kotha akashey pathao

Along with the new how about a few old ones by Habib Wahid?

Shopner Cheyeo Modhur

Hridoyer Kotha(Duet)-Habib and Nancy

And a few by others, as noted,

Kona & Kazi Shuvo - Dure Dure Thaka

Fuad ft Upol And Maher - Shada Kalo

Last edited:
OK since I'm on a retro kick - how about some more Habib Wahid tunes (featuring Nancy of course) from about five years ago....grab a nice kettle of Moroccan Mint Tea, some glasses and snuggle up with your latest kindle download....

0041835F1_Moroccan-Mint-Tea-2_s4x3.jpg

A few moody ones,

www.youtube.com/watch?v=896d2hIINWU

www.youtube.com/watch?v=imtUc_wGu-E

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffVWaBd2yCw

And some happy ones,

www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYqpbuTcMEg

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jevp47LKCs

www.youtube.com/watch?v=9v6Fvk8LKFM

Last edited:
A nice one by Habib Ft. Nancy (Fusion Bengali tune)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKWaz5Ug8ME

Interesting 'Retro Gangsta Club' treatment to a Bengali lyric.....

www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQ2x2MLq8Ro

Nice songs. Some of the song where my favorite collections.

Thanks! Appreciate your nice comments :-)

How about a modern take on a nice Baul song. These are folk songs that are timeless local classics with magical sweetness in the lyrics. Explores,
  • the meanings of true 'burning in one's heart',
  • the longing of separation
  • talks about the special person who is the 'apple of one's eye' and
  • the object of a 'silky embrace', among other things.
The Bansuri can still do wonders on South Asian Women :-)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7eJ0Wt--X8

Another Modern Bengali Song - 'Ontohin' (Endless) by Habib Wahid

www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8RrX6S35XI

Last edited:
Jazz is a rising and popular musical genre in Bangladesh - with many local Jazz bands busy playing gigs in Dhaka Watering Holes and eateries, to the delight of loyal Jazz lovers.

One band of note is 'Blues Brothers'. The band consists of four musical brothers and one soulful sister, whose chops are a force to be reckoned with. Consisting of one vocalist, Tashfia Fatima Tashfee, an acoustic lead, Shafkat Ahmed Dipto, acoustic rhythmist Nahyan Imam, drummer and percussionist Pantha Kanai (PK), and bassist Imran Rabbani.

The Blues Brothers have played in a number of eclectic platforms from the unique 'International Club' to the relaxed and rustic 'Farmer’s Market' - a casual eatery. The band predominantly plays cover on classical numbers such as 'Ain’t No Sunshine' by Bill Withers, 'Cocaine Blues' by Bob Dylan and 'Bad Moon Rising' by CCR. Perfecting some of the classics, they are expanding their tuneful enthusiasm to creating originals.
Blues-Brothers-01-1024x682.jpg

Last edited:
A local experimenter sent the Bangladesh flag to the edge of space (Height reached 32.45 KM).

Couple of feel good local ads :-)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom