What's new

Bangladeshi company PRAN to invest $15 billion in India

No they didn't. They don't have that sorta of money.

I believe this is the correct report:
Programme for Rural Advancement Nationally group will invest ten million dollars within three years in Tripura as it will take time to understand and get familiar with the market and the people, he said.

A Bangladesh-based food processing and manufacturing group will set up agro and food processing plants in Tripura, Orissa and Tamil Nadu, an official of the company said here today.

''Programme for Rural Advancement Nationally (PRAN) group will be the first company from Bangladesh to invest in India and has sought approval from Bangladesh Bank to invest in India,'' Ahsan Khan Chowdhury, deputy managing director of PRAN told reporters here.

PRAN will invest ten million dollars within three years in Tripura as it will take time to understand and get familiar with the market and the people, he said.

The Tripura government has allotted an acre to the group at Bodhjung Nagar industrial zone in west Tripura to set up the proposed unit for which a new company, PRAN Beverage India Private limited, was floated recently with Indian entrepreneurs, official sources said.
Bangladesh food processing group to set up units in India - Money - DNA

IFIC made many unprofitable ventures. They used to operate in Pakistan as well.

Most of Pran's foods taste like crap anyways with God knows what they put in them :lol:

By the way, never ever drink their mango juice. EVER.

Pran was good back in the day, but now.....not as great.

Their export versions are different able to compete in int'l market...all taste good.

$15b? do the journalist know how many zeros, a million have?and tk->$ conversion rate? this is just embarrassing

Many BD companies like Rahim-Afroz had to face enforced barriers to enter Indian market. But Pran has an advantage.Its owner Maj Gen Amjad Choudhuri is a Qadyini who maintain a powerful lobby in India. The Gen is a major financier in various Qadyiani related projects in LA, whose Mayor comes to receive him at the airport.

Can you please tell me the source of your information. How do you know that this gentleman is a "qadiani" ? Or is this one another one of those crazy conspiracies which label all successful people as "qadianis" or "jews".

I don't have anything against the Ahmadiyya community.But this businessman is from the Ahmadiyya community.

Ahmadiyya Times: Bangladesh: Muslim Television Ahmadiyya starts programming aimed at youth

Just because he appeared on an ahmadi channel does not mean he is an ahmadi, although he may well be.

Even former ministers have been interviewed by MTA, does not mean they are ahmadi.

Anyways, the reason I commented was because the person who originally named him said, that qadianis maintain a powerful lobby in india. Sounds more like crazy conspiracy nutjob.

saw for the first time. it seems like many Bangladeshis lack simple knowledge on mathematics. the other day madx was rating bnp ministers' net worth[note:corruption money].gosh, the least was $500m

I will miss madx and his theories. The other day he was boasting about how great the Dhaka-Chittagong highway project was going, and now only to see the contractors vanished! :cheesy:

Not only in math, but appalling management skills. Utterly appalling.

And Pran having $15 billion at that time? LOL. That's just slightly under Bangladesh's current foreign exchange reserve. Let alone three years ago! :omghaha:

I will miss madx and his theories. The other day he was boasting about how great the Dhaka-Chittagong highway project was going, and now only to see the contractors vanished! :cheesy:

Not only in math, but appalling management skills. Utterly appalling.

And Pran having $15 billion at that time? LOL. That's just slightly under Bangladesh's current foreign exchange reserve. Let alone three years ago! :omghaha:

where did he go? I miss his educational statements. Man, the power of propaganda is amazing.

Some still have not learned the difference among Crore, Million and Billion from Mujib's mistake.

1 Thousand has 3 zeros
1 Million has 6 zeros
1 Billion has 9 Zeros
1 Trillions has 12 zeros
1 Crore has 7 zeros
1 Lakh has 5 zeros

1 Crore = 7 zeros = 10 millions
1 Crore = 7 zeros = 100 Lakh

10 Lakh = 6 zeros = 1 Millions
100 Crore = 9 zeros = 1 billion

Back
Top Bottom