What's new

Bangladesh to observe one-minute blackout on March 25

They would. But India already fixed that issue by restricting troop movement, even before the war broke out.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1971_Indian_Airlines_hijacking
Exactly this is the decisive part of the proxy war started by long before 1971.
So then Pakistan had no other option but to use sea route.
If Sri Lanka didn't aid India with Colombo sea port, so distance between two part of Pakistan increased to 3200+ miles instead of 1400 miles, Pakistan would have lost the war against India long before 16 December!
Still some of our folks don't try to understand that the real war can't be won like Hollywood style attack, or like video game styles fire fire fire drim drim, lol.

Last edited:
Sorry but GDP growth rate is over 5%, and from what I've seen how bengalis live GDP numbers are not everything. 20 millions of you work like donkeys in India and 3 million in Pakistan. have some shame bongo and get them out of Pakistan.

You are clueless.
Learn something and then I may pay you some attention.

@Nilgiri , as an Indian member on this thread, did the field marshal become senile or is Homo Sapiens view about him harsh and unjustified?

Homo sapiens, aka doyalbaba, aka the quack (claims to be a doctor etc).... is a typical unfettered BD nationalist for nationalism sake. He will reject anything that runs contrary to his perspective on how his country was founded....or why it exists today.

Field Marshall Manekshaw was in control of his faculties to the very end of his life... its sad to see BD members here disparage him because what he said (about the Pakistan defending forces in eastern theatre) is inconvenient to their feelz-based account of BD (MB) STRONK etc. If old Sam said it was 15:1 (by some definition of total allies vs opponent), I would take him at his word, and honestly its not unparalleled circumstances if you have studied wars over history like I have.

@Bilal9 disgustingly did it recently too:

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/bang...kout-on-march-25.548180/page-18#post-10321738

You see these folk were not there, they dont know what a war is like on the ground, what is brought to bear to a situation strategically in the numbers overall etc...... but they feel they should be a credible stakeholder in the discussion (they feel a great many things, ok that part is understandable, but they take it too far)....and most sadly they do a dishonour to their own side (MB, AL etc) by opportunistic, flawed undermining to try over-glorify whatever....and portray their account as the only truth there is.

@Joe Shearer

Mate your issue is that you can't look beyond the false propaganda and distorted history being taught to you. I believe that Pakistan mishandled the situation and certain elements in our establishment denied Bengalis their rights and things could have been handled in a better way but that was time when free media was scarce and both wings were separated by more than a thousand miles of hostile enemy land. But saying that Pakistan army killed Bengalis and committed genocide is one of the biggest lies of the last century and has never been proven. If it was so why did your govt not ask UNO to investigate and initiate war crimes? Because you had zero evidence even back then and that is why numbers become important. At max there were 60K Pak army soldiers+officers now can you tell me how could they kill millions of Bengalis and rape millions of women..Can you do the math..I mean what kind of food Pak army soldiers were eating and what kind of super potency they had that 60k of them raped millions of Bengali women..and then where are those kids .....so you should have a fairly large %age of your current generations produced as a result of that act..so can you look around mate? Please use some common sense and neutral sources to read the history...not the fabricated cocktail taught to you guys in schools and society to prolong Indian slavery on you.

Bro I never mentioned genocide or rape, what I'm talking about is the decision by west Pak authority to try and force the situation. They went for violence in an unwinnable, unjust scenario. And they did it out of pure arrogance, which is why it's worthy of remembrance by us and by you. Your politicians rightly cite 1971 as a case study of alienating regions.

They would. But India already fixed that issue by restricting troop movement, even before the war broke out.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1971_Indian_Airlines_hijacking

That's the point, it was a strategic failure. Pakistan should have given up at the right time without unnecessary further death.

Do you want our Army to give up Hill trek Chittagong then? Do you believe that hill trek Chittagong want independence from Bangladesh?

Do you really think that's comparable? A small LOCALISED movement Vs an all out rebellion 2000km away, against the largest regional power with limited troops. Really??

Do you really think that's comparable? A small LOCALISED movement Vs an all out rebellion 2000km away, against the largest regional power with limited troops. Really??
Wow reply started with তালগাছ টা আমার! What else I can say . Peace !

Number of soldiers in 71 is irrelevant. Truth is they screwed up and had to surrender and now they'll say anything to save their faces. And no matter what excuse they come up with they will sound like sore losers.

Sour grapes....

And the amount of revisionism and re-writing of history is ah-mazing in this thread!

Would your constipation be cured if I said the FM said "15:1"? That is plausible. If you include IA and Mukhtos we can split hairs and revisit our arithemtic but one thing will not change. The inescapabe fact is PA faced a overwhelming and vastly larger IA/Bangla forces.

Just across your swamp in Vietnam around the same time a superpower - US Army was thrashed in Vietnam yet it had far, far greater forces at it's disposal including largest airforce/navy in the world. Was it not for the mighty US logistics ability US forces would not have gotten out and would have had to suurender.

Last US heli out of Vietnam 1975.

ugh.jpg

683a173372cf60f9ac43ffc37082af14.jpg

"low lying land of low lying people'”

General A.K. Niazi

General_A._A._Niazi.jpg

This is all I had left to see.

Pakistani Army being compared to the US Army......with 'What - me worry?' Niazi acting as the poster child of brutality. Thanks for the visuals....

I don't know where they got this 1:50 bullshit. Pak troops(regular army+paramilitary) was about 1 lakh and Rajakar was 50k. While Indian force was 2.5 lakhs and Mukti Bahini was 2 lakhs. So it was 1:3 advantage for allied forces.

Out of 93,000, Pakistani troops were around 40,000. Rest were family members of soldiers and officials posted in Bangladesh.

the total strength of the Pakistan army troops posted in East Pakistan as of December 16, 1971, was only about 34,000. With the addition of Rangers, scouts, militia and civil police, the total strength of personnel deployed to defend East Pakistan was only 45,000.

https://www.dawn.com/news/773291

One time this quack spent a full 20 paragraphs or such trying to explain to me that Pakistan was on verge of surrendering to MB forces before India intervened. He went so far as to say that BD would have become independent even if India and Pakistan were very friendly (I proposed a hypothetical if there was no kashmir situation and partition was more amiable etc....thus India lending no support to MB forces or even supported Pakistan in that hypothetical).

Essentially this guy will believe BD nationalist doctrine no matter what he is confronted with. It is folly to try to logically debate with this person.
I sometimes pity on there Brains,during course of 8 Months,they failed to capture a piece of land,on which there flag could be raised and that can be called Capital of Bangladesh but they were so inept,incompetent and cowards that,they just would strike from such a distance that,usually Strike would be worthless.
And i may have Believed them,but citing there poor performance against Myanmar rag tag Army,i am sure about there impotent Army.

Footage from USA media NBC news on killing of students near Dhaka University by Pakistani army during operation search light March 25, 1971.

Footage dedicated to the delusional Pakistanis who denied innocent civilians were killed by Pakistani army

Out of 93,000, Pakistani troops were around 40,000. Rest were family members of soldiers and officials posted in Bangladesh.

https://www.dawn.com/news/773291
So, to prevent Indian invasion. Pakistan army could master only 45k troops to defend East Pakistan? home to 55 percent population of entire Pakistan. Although Pak army was 4 lakh strong in that time. I have read that,even those three divisions were the strategic reserve, not the regular, active troops.This is how, Pakistani military junta valued the defence of East Pakistan.East Pakistan had enmity with India not because for it's own reason, but for West Pakistani obsession to wrestle Kashmir by force from India.After 1965 war, Bhutto declared that, East Pakistan was saved by China.West Pakistani military rulers outsourced the defence of 55 percent citizen of Pakistan to the whims of China.Can you blame the majority population of East Pakistan if they rightfully conclude that, there is no point maintaining relation with West Pakistan after that? There are some Bangladeshi here who regret the break up with the assumption that, it was better with living under Pakistani defence/security umbrella. They should be ashamed.

@Al-zakir @Centaur

Pakistani defence/security umbrella. They should be ashamed.
Better don't involve me. Don't act like Nilgiri .
If I defend something that is Muslim nation unity, nothing else .
My point of view is just blame someone with the truth, not by false Indian propaganda.
I have been saying from the beginning that if any partition needed, then there were thousand other ways other than Indian involvement.
Well in another thread you also agreed with me ( in the thread of 71 related video games posted by the Ronin) , but since you post lots lots lots of threads , so it looks you forget lots of thing .
However if I defend Pakistan, then it's the Pakistan movement aka Lahore resolution based on two nation theory; not the present day Pakistan that is actually west pakistan in joint Pakistan .

It is not like some anti Bangladeshi guys who are sycophant of pakistan or India. If I defend anything then I defend Bangladesh aka former east Pakistan.if I am allergic anything then it's Indian aggression.
Our Army personnels now accused of rape too in hil trek Chittagong that is totally a r&aw propaganda.
I will keep defending Muslim unity and will keep talking against Indian propaganda, I dont care if all muzzles ( from 3 sides ;Bangladesh, India and Pakistan) here will start firing to me. But no longer interested in 1971 discussion, atleast not directly taking any side anymore.
I am trying not to participate in such argument (expect adding some comments based on reality) so it's not wise to tag me.
I am not going to repeat my position anymore ,as I already made it clear several times. Because I believe now that such flame baiting argument is only serving the purpose of r&aw ( false flaggers are r&aw moles here I believe) ;with or without consciousness .
@Homo Sapiens

Last edited:
So, to prevent Indian invasion. Pakistan army could master only 45k troops to defend East Pakistan? home to 55 percent population of entire Pakistan. Although Pak army was 4 lakh strong in that time.
Almost all of those troops deployed in East Pakistan were brought in at 1971 to quell the civil movement.

During '47 and '65 war East Bengal was left defenseless. Other than the EPR there were no Paramilitary or Military forces to protect this region.

That's why Seikh Mujib demanded to establish East Pakistan's own paramilitary defence force in his 'Six point Agenda' in 1969

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom