What's new

Bangladesh to get Otokar Cobra II LAV

I guess it is the best choice the BD had to go after. Next time, the BD should try to enhance its air defense capability.

bangladesh already increasing its air defence capability, by 2023 you will see 5 layer air defence system

Bangladesh Police already operate Few Cobras. Now according to bdmilitary inside source ( reliable enough) Bangladesh Army is getting unknown number of Otokar Cobra II LAV from Turkey. The first batch is set to arrive this month.

Bangladesh Army was seeking 4x4 Armoured Vehicles for use in UNPSOs to provide fire support to infantry units. Numerous proposals were presented as options to the Army including Turkish Otokar Cobra and Ukrainian Dozor-B for example.

p_001.jpg

There is a thread I found in wikipedia that has already claims to ban bdmilitary,com as an authentic source. They question the authenticity of BDmilitary,com.

There is a thread I found in wikipedia that has already claims to ban bdmilitary,com as an authentic source. They question the authenticity of BDmilitary,com.

following bdmil for a long time. they are the only source of bd military related breaking news .. they were never wrong. bd govt. sometimes changed their orders or interest, that is not bdmil's fault...

GET BACK ON TOPIC!

Some folks say that it's a fanboy site.

But they are pretty reliable. Not too bad in my opinion.

The Bangladesh Army has received the initial batch of Otokar Cobra II Light Armoured Vehicles from Turkey.

The Cobra II is equipped with a .50 calibre heavy machine gun mounted on a remotely operated turret along with 5 smoke grenade launchers and infrared camera.

The nearly 7-ton armoured vehicle can carry up to 8 fully armed combat troops, and a driver. It is powered by a 250 hp engine with maximum speed of 110 km/h and 700 km range.

Cobra II LAV’s will enhance the firepower and mobility of Bangladesh Army infantry units during patrol missions.

Traditionally the Bangladesh Army used locally built Toyota Land Cruiser 79 series for light patrol duties apart from BTR-80M armoured personnel carriers from Russia.

Otokar has supplied standard Cobra APC to Bangladesh Police and APV’s to Border Guard Bangladesh. Bangladesh’s defence relations with Turkey is increasing with Turkey offering its entire line up of modern arms to the military of Bangladesh.

http://www.***************/bangladesh-army-receives-cobra-ii-lavs/

That was unnaturally quick....weird!Since the ultimate plan is to make it the Army's general vehicle(instead of the armor-plated land cruisers) are we getting a TOT??

Back
Top Bottom