What's new

Bangladesh starts building first nuclear plant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does it make some Pakistani's upset when Bangladesh goes for nuclear power generation, which is one short step away from bomb technology? Does it have something to do with being the sole Muslim nuke power? Just curious.

Why does it make some Pakistani's upset when Bangladesh goes for nuclear power generation, which is one short step away from bomb technology? Does it have something to do with being the sole Muslim nuke power? Just curious.
No,
I just doubt anyone would let bangladesh build a bomb!

If BD went ahead and got permission from IAEA (useless organization), then we can pretty much tell BD is not gonna be making a nuke bomb...

@Icewolf @Alpha1

Ok, good, so the problem is with bomb, but Bangladesh is not Iran and we are trusted by the "International Community" to go for nuclear power generation as no one in Bangladesh is thinking about bomb right now. We desperately need power. So no one should feel bad about it except for safety issues. I myself is concerned because of safety issues. Lets hope we get a safe technology, otherwise another Fukushima will mess up the whole neighborhood.

No one is building any bomb in Bangladesh now, but getting into this technology opens up possibilities which always makes me feel good. Acquiring technology in Muslim brother countries is always good for other Muslim countries.

Last edited by a moderator:
I always see BAL as a 3rd class political party under lead of Hasina Begum.

We need nuclear power plant for ensuring our Rapid growth. But having Nuclear arms is very difficult for us sir (I think so).

Not difficult. It's almost impossible these days. Just look at what's going on in Iran.

Though, I think that the dream of having unlimited energy will always remain a dream in BD.

To counter the big fat bully we need nukes.Even Burma is working towards that. If there is a political
will, and we maintain good relations with China and Pakistan, it should be difficult to own some nukes. In the interim we should come under the nuclear shield of China/Pakistan.

Burma? Nukes? Highly unlikely. They don't have that kind of technology and know-how. And what's more, the Chinese and Indians will never allow them. Period.

Possible, once we generate the required expertize in this field, it won't be a big deal and given our neutral foreign policy, there won't be any major sanctions as well. Moreover, we have some valid reasons to acquire nuclear weapons.

Producing and maintaining Nukes need a huge amount of money. And you know we are not rich, we even dont have a good defence budget.

To counter the big fat bully we need nukes.Even Burma is working towards that. If there is a political will, and we maintain good relations with China and Pakistan, it should be difficult to own some nukes. In the interim we should come under the nuclear shield of China/Pakistan.

Burma is working for nukes? If so then, we will have a good excuse.

Producing and maintaining Nukes need a huge amount of money. And you know we are not rich, we even dont have a good defence budget.

I'm not saying we should be acquiring it now, it would take at least 10 years from now if we start the procedures. My point is that, we should keep the option open. Given the state of the economy, we can hope to be in a formidable position within the next 20 years, and once this power plant starts its operation it won't take too much time to get the uranium enriched to the nuke bomb level. In my view, we should at least go for the breakout capability, if not conducting nuclear tests.

Abey nuclear bomb hai koi halwa puri nahi ki bagal ki dukaan main gaye aur khareed liya

Abey nuclear bomb hai koi halwa puri nahi ki bagal ki dukaan main gaye aur khareed liya

1.First of all, it is being doubted if India at all possess any atomic weapon. Even if she does it is reported to be raddi / kabari ka ma'al.It is feared this might poof off at the launching pad itself!!

2. In fact now-a-days, if there is apolitical will, it will be halwa puri for us.

Ok, good, so the problem is with bomb, but Bangladesh is not Iran and we are trusted by the "International Community" to go for nuclear power generation as no one in Bangladesh is thinking about bomb right now. We desperately need power. So no one should feel bad about it except for safety issues. I myself is concerned because of safety issues. Lets hope we get a safe technology, otherwise another Fukushima will mess up the whole neighborhood.

No one is building any bomb in Bangladesh now, but getting into this technology opens up possibilities which always makes me feel good. Acquiring technology in Muslim brother countries is always good for other Muslim countries.

All the best to you guys and all Bengals. :wave:

There is a world of a difference i.e quite a few steps, between going for nuclear power generation & building a nuke !

You've got no idea what Pakistan went through to build the bomb !

At any rate Pakistan & Pakistanis don't care either way whether Bangladesh goes for a Bomb or not partly because its not going to happen & partly because we don't have a monopoly on the Bomb otherwise we wouldn't have shared some stuff with 'other countries' some of whom ratted us out later.

To counter the big fat bully we need nukes.Even Burma is working towards that. If there is a political will, and we maintain good relations with China and Pakistan, it should be difficult to own some nukes. In the interim we should come under the nuclear shield of China/Pakistan.

Why in god's name would we be willing to place Bangladesh under our Nuclear Shield (even if there be such a thing) ?

Title should be corrected - Russia building Nuclear Reactor on the Land provided by BD.

Russia is not building the energy station for free. The money they are spending is a loan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom