What's new

Bangladesh Navy

Bangladesh Navy Special force (seal/udt) - SWADS
They are Fast, Lethal. Decisive. deadly as hell.

1004084_622763767809161_7511343630359184736_n.jpg

The last pic is of south Korean navy seals.

Thanks for posting images Avisheik. Two more stop-gap fishing boats (Abu Bakr and Ali Haider, F15 and F17 respectively) until we get the four new standard ones (Type 056) with proper harpoons and nets. :tongue:

Always good to see images of our proud naval personnel. Sailing and water is in our blood. I'm certain almost any Bangladeshis will float if dropped in the water. I know I did...

Last edited:
Thanks for posting images Avisheik. Two more stop-gap fishing boats (Abu Bakr and Ali Haider, F15 and F17 respectively) until we get the four new standard ones (Type 056) with proper harpoons and nets. :tongue:

Always good to see images of our proud naval personnel. Sailing and water is in our blood. I'm certain almost any Bangladeshis will float if dropped in the water. I know I did...

Haha, these stop gap fishing boats unfortunately are one the most advanced system we currently have in our naval inventory. IMO, these ships are ok for our fleet for now, good range, well armed, decent electronics the only thing is that it lacks anti air(im not sure about ASW as well).

well, it all depends on how you use your resources..... considering that we got these two ships for a total of only $84 million, we can't complain about it.... they're stop-gap solutions only...... we can't be totally happy until we get ships of customised designs for us.... thats gonna take some time.... even if we start planning for those now, they're not gonna arrive before another 5-6 years..... future is future.... it doesn't give any current capability..... if we don't get stop-gaps, our sea would remain unprotected until we get a proper fleet....

and as I said, all depends on how you use it.... remember that these ships will not operate alone..... the two Typ 053H2 frigates form 7th Squadron.... and this squadron will not go to sea alone...... always with other ships of BN Flotilla..... when they operate along with ships like BNS Bangabandhu, BNS Osman, BNS Somudra Joy (probably another coming), 2 Durjoy-class, 2 Castle-class, 2 Type 056, 9 missile boats and other ships, it will be a different thing......

well, it all depends on how you use your resources..... considering that we got these two ships for a total of only $84 million, we can't complain about it.... they're stop-gap solutions only...... we can't be totally happy until we get ships of customised designs for us.... thats gonna take some time.... even if we start planning for those now, they're not gonna arrive before another 5-6 years..... future is future.... it doesn't give any current capability..... if we don't get stop-gaps, our sea would remain unprotected until we get a proper fleet....

and as I said, all depends on how you use it.... remember that these ships will not operate alone..... the two Typ 053H2 frigates form 7th Squadron.... and this squadron will not go to sea alone...... always with other ships of BN Flotilla..... when they operate along with ships like BNS Bangabandhu, BNS Osman, BNS Somudra Joy (probably another coming), 2 Durjoy-class, 2 Castle-class, 2 Type 056, 9 missile boats and other ships, it will be a different thing......

Appreciate the input. There was some talk at one point (per high-ranking BN official) that we were talking to Koreans about the new Incheon class FFG as Bangabandhu replacement? Of course Incheon class is still totally new and not as proven as Ulsan class but this is one class that I don't think they plan to replicate locally at KSY. Unless things change radically in the next five years...

Also - what is the doctrine about protecting the Bangladesh coastline and engaging with aggression? I'm looking for any written pieces.

Appreciate the input. There was some talk at one point (per high-ranking BN official) that we were talking to Koreans about the new Incheon class FFG as Bangabandhu replacement? Of course Incheon class is still totally new and not as proven as Ulsan class but this is one class that I don't think they plan to replicate locally at KSY. Unless things change radically in the next five years...

Also - what is the doctrine about protecting the Bangladesh coastline and engaging with aggression? I'm looking for any written pieces.

thats a good point you've picked..... about Korean frigates..... even our previous naval chief Vice Admiral Z U Ahmed said in an interview in December 2012 that "a contract for the construction of two corvettes has already been signed with South Korea"..... that statement perplexed me ever since..... nice that you've brought that up once again.....

and regarding doctrine...... most of our defence-related stuff are so hush-hush that we can't get answers to even the most basic questions..... doctrine is way beyond that.....

thats a good point you've picked..... about Korean frigates..... even our previous naval chief Vice Admiral Z U Ahmed said in an interview in December 2012 that "a contract for the construction of two corvettes has already been signed with South Korea"..... that statement perplexed me ever since..... nice that you've brought that up once again.....

and regarding doctrine...... most of our defence-related stuff are so hush-hush that we can't get answers to even the most basic questions..... doctrine is way beyond that.....

Understood and I figured as much about Navy personnel being tight-lipped about this. Speculation was rife in the industry press in the Asia Pacific zone about that exact comment. So if by corvettes he meant the new Gumdoksuri Class (PKG-A) they are too small at 570 tonnes. Therefore it has to be the Incheon class which is perfect for the lead ship(s) for Bangladesh Navy as Ulsan class replacements. The Philippine Navy is also negotiating with the Koreans for two, as are the Israelis - for four.

Understood and I figured as much about Navy personnel being tight-lipped about this. Speculation was rife in the industry press in the Asia Pacific zone about that exact comment. So if by corvettes he meant the new Gumdoksuri Class (PKG-A) they are too small at 570 tonnes. Therefore it has to be the Incheon class which is perfect for the lead ship(s) for Bangladesh Navy as Ulsan class replacements. The Philippine Navy is also negotiating with the Koreans for two, as are the Israelis - for four.
not Incheon class, South Korea showed new type of Corvette which is around 1300 ton and Incheon class is frigate, next generation frigate.

not Incheon class, South Korea showed new type of Corvette which is around 1300 ton and Incheon class is frigate, next generation frigate.

according to my source, bd is going to get Incheon class version 2 frigate which is better than current Inchelon class. South Korea is going to build them for both itself and Bangladesh (2 for Bangladesh) . It has VLS.

Back
Top Bottom