What's new

Bangladesh Navy

I think you need to wait till Indian consumers income reaches to a level when they can match walton bargains. Walton are producing for GCC, East Asia and African market.

Well it is sad that even if Walton custom-produced items for Indian market, they could not penetrate the market there. There are all sorts of tariff and non-tariff barriers in that market. Doing business with India is mostly one way and mostly in their favor as they insist - as we have seen in the last forty years. Pointless.

In any case we should stop talking about India anyway, gives Indian trolls an excuse to make comments.

Guys this is our Navy thread - let's not diverge from the topic.

considering the capability of BD dockyards to built Durjoy class after learning from China for almost five year since the design commence in 2009 and starting to built the pair in 2014, one just need to wonder on how long BD need to learn and try to built a decent corvette (a note even till now still not hear news when BD dockyards will actually built type 56 corvette in house). And now talking big about built a full fledged AAW Frigattes with all of their complexity, Its beyond me actually.

1.What type of capabilities you have considered?
2. Nothing to do with shipyards. It was delayed due to budgetary & bureaucratic reasons.

So as I have advised you in the past, please, do your research before putting forward a comment. Otherwise it makes you look like a troll.

1.What type of capabilities you have considered?
2. Nothing to do with shipyards. It was delayed due to budgetary & bureaucratic reasons.

So as I have advised you in the past, please, do your research before putting forward a comment. Otherwise it makes you look like a troll.

1 do Bangladesh have ships designing research center? in which every ships designed in the country must passed some internationally recognized criteria standard?

2. It always have lingering connections with your shipyards, starting from their managerial skill, research capability, financial capability, technology and technical skill of the employee. Dont u think, South Korean shipyard doesnt have financial issue and delay of payments from their gov lately? but they still keep to deliver the ships on time and on schedule because of proper managerial system and capability to handling any financial issue

and like i have advised u like in the past do some research before slewing garbages. Not all of the reader here is moron

Budgetary & bureaucratic....that fudge factor to use for feel good!

if they have acknowledge they have budget and beaurocratic issue (unwillingness to spend more money) just for to build two meager small missiles boats, what kind of issue they will face when building something monumental like AAW frigates like Type 54A?

And yet those same guy have guts to say BD gov. willing to build frigates in housr

what matter to me is what u have today not some unconnected just to feel good fairy tales of ancient glory.

@Nilgiri

BD took almost 6 year to completed a couple of LPC after getting the design since 2009, meanwhile in around the region country like Vietnam had finished dozens of almost the same kind of missile boats, Myanmar even doing wonder to built their own frigate though their completion rates is rather slow but still okay.

1 do Bangladesh have ships designing research center? in which every ships designed in the country must passed some internationally recognized criteria standard?

2. It always have lingering connections with your shipyards, starting from their managerial skill, research capability, financial capability, technology and technical skill of the employee. Dont u think, South Korean shipyard doesnt have financial issue and delay of payments from their gov lately? but they still keep to deliver the ships on time and on schedule because of proper managerial system and capability to handling any financial issue

and like i have advised u like in the past do some research before slewing garbages. Not all of the reader here is moron

if they have acknowledge they have budget and beaurocratic issue (unwillingness to spend more money) just for to build two meager small missiles boats, what kind of issue they will face when building something monumental like AAW frigates like Type 54A?

And yet those same guy have guts to say BD gov. willing to build frigates in housr

1.There's always two parties in a deal. Chinese conmpanies needs to handover blueprints & associated documantations. Which takes a little time. Construction finished within one & half year is enough indication of their capability.

2. And from where did you invented this "unwillingness to spend " thing? I said "budgetary " reason. It doesn't necessarily mean what you said. It also means gov. has to complete the process of allocating budget within time. If a project misses a budget ,that mean it has to wait for another new budget year to start. It's related to the countries annual budget. Is it too hard to comprehend?

3.Yes, we will be building them, don't worry your fineself. The budget has been allocated in "advance " means they don't have to wait for the money. Now does that answer your "unwillingness ", "guts to say " notion.

4.Yes, I do believe not every members here is one. Neither is you, I want to believe.So do your research.

@Bilal9 @BDforever lots of people are :flame::flame::flame:

:lol::lol:

Last edited:
1.There's always two parties in a deal. Chinese conmpanies needs to handover blueprints & associated documantations. Which takes a little time. Construction finished within one & half year is enough indication of their capability.

2. And from where did you invented this "unwillingness to spend " thing? I said "budgetary " reason. It doesn't necessarily mean what you said. It also means gov. has to complete the process of allocating budget within time. If a project misses a budget ,that mean it has to wait for another new budget year to start. It's related to the countries annual budget. Is it too hard to comprehend?

3.Yes, we will be building them, don't worry your fineself. The budget has been allocated in "advance " means they don't have to wait for the money. Now does that answer your "unwillingness ", "guts to say " notion.

4.Yes, I do believe not every members here is one. Neither is you, I want to believe.So do your research.

@Bilal9 @BDforever lots of people are :flame:
:flame::flame:. :lol::lol:

as usual so many reason to covering your inability to answer properly. One of BD poster said BD had all the technical know how to build frigates, lest to say a pair of patrol boat is easy peanuts. It should be easy peasy to transfer technological skill to BD from China . But so what next? when the next pair of Durjoy class will be finished? next year or two years? or three?

I will wait when BD will actually to build their type 54A, when they cant forced the Chinese to transfer the local production of Type 56 corvettes in near time frame of couple years, and actually gracefully accepted a pair of old cutter Coast Guard ships from US and other old stuff...

no need to talk big, when the reality is hit you. The reason is simple, the money and the willingness to spent for AAW frigate is not available for now (considering the cost procurement of one Type 54A will be around 400 to 600 million US dollar depends on config, and compared that with annual BD military budget of around 2 to 3 billion US dollar and the large number of personnel eat up more than 2/3 of total defense budget. So what is left for actual procurement?)

Last edited:
KSA build LPC's were ordered in 2015. Construction started in September of same year.
Where does these "6 year thing came from. These people are just butt hurt trolls bro.
lol I forgot :D
what matter to me is what u have today not some unconnected just to feel good fairy tales of ancient glory.

BD took almost 6 year to completed a couple of LPC after getting the design since 2009, meanwhile in around the region country like Vietnam had finished dozens of almost the same kind of missile boats, Myanmar even doing wonder to built their own frigate though their completion rates is rather slow but still okay.

Your posts are just losing credibility day by day. What do you know about the managerial skill, research capability, financial capability, technology and technical skill of our shipbuilding industry? Did you even take a look at what @Bilal9 has written in that reply to you?

Building frigates in Bangladesh has always been the talk since our private shipbuilders had already achieved that capability a long time ago, we just needed a bigger shipyard for the Navy which has been building ships only in KSY and in DEW. With the handover of the larger Chittagong Dry Dock, the Navy finally achieved the capability to build frigates.

1. Bangladesh does have reputed marine engineering depts. at major national public universities. In addition some private universities also have naval architect and marine engineering programs.
  • The most well-recognized is the Department of Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering (NAME) at BUET, which is our premier national technical university.
  • Bangladesh Marine Academy is a maritime training institution in Chittagong, Bangladesh. It is a IMO-listed organization complete with
    • GMDSS SIMULATOR
    • RADAR AND ARPA SIMULATOR WITH ECDIS
  • Bangladesh Institute of Marine Technology in Narayanganj, Bangladesh offers courses in
    • Ship Fabrication
    • Shipbuilding Welding specialties
    • Shipbuilding & CAD Draftsmanship
    • Marine Diesel Engine Artificer
  • Every few years, we host the MARTEC Marine Technology conference in Dhaka (2016 was latest event). This conference is the number one Marine Technology conference in Asia.
  • We have quite a few private marine design houses which have not only CAD/CAM assisted design facilities but also actual towing tanks and model demo facilities. See below.
22-600x300.jpg
24-600x300.jpg
26-600x300.jpg

• In addition there are quite a few (I'd say about a dozen) private Marine institutes with engineering programs including Naval architect training programs.
  • We have dozens of commercial ship-design firms who have produced designs for the last three decades conforming to all major industry norms such as DNV-GL, BV and CCS, as well as Japanese and Italian standards. These design and consultancy firms in the marine sector (mainly founded by returning expat Bangladeshi naval architects from overseas) provide safe and highly-qualified classed vessel designs for both inland and coastal sea routes per our weather and sea-state conditions (such as cyclones in the Bay of Bengal). Most of them offer the following services,
    • Ship Design
    • Hull Modeling
    • Production Drawing
    • Structural Analysis [including that using Fast-Fourier-Transform (Digital FFT Analysis) to virtually measure mechanical twist and torsion motions]
ANSYS-Mechanical-Container-Ship-Eg.jpg

• Project Management
  • Construction Supervision including material sourcing and quality control
2. I am frankly puzzled how you found out that "they have acknowledge they have budget and beaurocratic (SIC) issue (unwillingness to spend more money) just for to build two meager small missiles boats". What is the source of your information?

Now let me ask you some basic logical questions.....

1. If Myanmar can build Kyan Sit-Tha class stealth frigates and Indonesia can finally build 105 meter 10514 Sigma class frigates (First local frigate builds built by PT PAL after fifty or so odd years) - how do you figure we could not build these types of frigates (or a little larger)? Just because we haven't before? Did Indonesia build frigates before this?
2. If we did not give it a shot - how could we build up our marine sector for future naval builds? This is not a destroyer, it is a frigate, which is equivalent to some smaller corvettes in the neighbor's Navy.

No one except Bangladeshis know where we stand in terms of shipbuilding. Yes things are not optimal. Yes we have never built frigates. But we can't keep things in this state forever.

I am hoping that either,

a) You don't have enough idea of of our marine engg. sector, or
b) You simply want to troll and paint Bangladesh as a Banana Republic with no talent and no expertise....and don't have our best interests at heart?

I sincerely hope it is not the latter because frankly, I expected better from you as a reasonable Muslima. Both our countries are Muslim nations and need to cooperate (we have enough natural common enemies of Muslims as it is - including the 'friend' you tag all the time).

If you are indeed trolling, I am positive most of my actual Indonesian friends don't share in your negative view of us in Bangladesh as a country. I know enough about your country and culture not to believe this.....

Terima Kasih...

Last edited:
Leave this lady alone.She knows nothing about Bangladesh Naval engineering.If Indonesia is so good in in their Marine Sector,then we would have seen more Indonesian engineers in Singapore Shipyards compared to Bangladeshis.But it is the other way round,there are more burmese engineers compared to Indonesian.:lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom