What's new

Bangladesh Navy

So Burmese navy makes two frigates and suddenly out of nowhere we have to catch up to their navy?
They jump to frigate dev right away and asking india's assistance to provide OPV which is ironic considering they make frigates but still it will be years before we catch up to their navy? Oh okay o_O

This is a military regime bro. Look at north Korea.
You pay people from Russia or China, they will bring equipment and design. You will have the frigate.
They dont care about long term sustainability or economic downside.
By the way their first frigate Aung Zya was built by Indian assistance.

lol we're making many types of war ships ahead of making frigates.. and we dont ask any OPV from India...
Ok..!! let's see what happen in coming years... :D

How many private and govt. shipyards does Myanmar have altogether? And do you guys export ships?

What was the service period?

Probably not beyond the seventies. There were Two BNS Shaheed Ruhul Amins.

The first one was a former Canadian coastal passenger-cargo vessel Anticosti according to wiki. Must have been a donated vessel by the Canadian Govt. I can bet it did not last past the seventies and was decommissioned and broken up.

The current BNS Shaheed Ruhul Amin is an ex-Royal Navy Island Class Vessel as are five other sister vessels of the same type in the fleet. They look pretty neat and business like but not as cool as the Coast Guard's Minerva class from Italy.

US_Navy_110922-N-RI844-011_Bangladesh_Navy_ships_fall_in_behind_the_Bangladesh_navy_frigate_BNS_Bangabandhu_%28F_25%29_during_exercises_with_the_U.S._N.jpg

lol we're making many types of war ships ahead of making frigates.. and we dont ask any OPV from India...
Ok..!! let's see what happen in coming years... :D
Ahead of frigates... you mean destroyers? Battle cruisers? Battle ships? Wow y'all must be a supapowa then...
read some news... y'all are going to purchase their radars/sensors and OPV tech...

This is a military regime bro. Look at north Korea.
You pay people from Russia or China, they will bring equipment and design. You will have the frigate.
They dont care about long term sustainability or economic downside.
By the way their first frigate Aung Zya was built by Indian assistance.
Yeah... kind of like hitler... only builds the damn economy to burn it all down with war. XD

Ahead of frigates... you mean destroyers? Battle cruisers? Battle ships? Wow y'all must be a supapowa then...
lol i means we're making many war ships before making frigates.. :D 135m Kyan-sit-Tha Flight 2 is on going..!!

read some news
give me that link..? :D

y'all are going to purchase their radars/sensors and OPV tech...
we dont buy any TOT of OPV tech and our OPV's design is a lot different with its counterpart of India and China.. and yes..!! we got radars and sensors from aboard.. and most of navies doing like this.. seem super powa BD making all radar and sensors for its navy locally.?

lol i means we're making many war ships before making frigates.. :D 135m Kyan-sit-Tha Flight 2 is on going..!!

give me that link..? :D

we dont buy any TOT of OPV tech and our OPV's design is a lot different with its counterpart of India and China.. and yes..!! we got radars and sensors from aboard.. and most of navies doing like this.. seem super powa BD making all radar and sensors for its navy locally.?
do u have coast guard ?

Yeah... kind of like hitler... only builds the damn economy to burn it all down with war. XD
lol these BD guys are hilarious.. they're extremely proud of their armed force building up using 5 billions dollars.. at the same time , they are ready to blame and talking bad others who just used a couple billion dollar for building up its armed force.. :D

do u have coast guard ?
yes.

active personnel - around 3500
1 OPV
4 FAC ( gun )
10 Petrol Crafts
6 Dvora mk 3
speed boats
and petrol boats

You have huge coast line, almost half of the size of India. You need to invest more on that instead of frigates and destroyers.

Funny to see Burmese people bragging about their navy when their ships are not even equipped with manpads instead of SAMs.And Aung Zeya made a theory of how some Burmese naval engineers got Ph.Ds and made a whole stealth frigate.With this logic countries like Indonesia and Singapore will be creating stealthy destroyers.And Myanmar did it in such a short period of time.

a interesting news is floating around that BD is going for 4 improved kilo submarines within 2019. Earlier it was 2 in consideration. Deal will be signed at the end of this year or early 2018.

we will know late 2017 or early 2018 for sure
well 4 subs are huge deal maybe we will go for the second hand improved ones as it will cost a lot cheaper
but it would have been better if we were buy chinese ones as we will get more familar with it

a interesting news is floating around that BD is going for 4 improved kilo submarines within 2019. Earlier it was 2 in consideration. Deal will be signed at the end of this year or early 2018.
I just hope BN will not induct old kilo class submarines used by the Indian Navy. Is it Russian or China made?

I just hope BN will not induct old kilo class submarines used by the Indian Navy. Is it Russian or China made?
we will know late 2017 or early 2018 for sure
well 4 subs are huge deal maybe we will go for the second hand improved ones as it will cost a lot cheaper
but it would have been better if we were buy chinese ones as we will get more familar with it
well , lets wait and see

Improved kilos are 'Amur' and 'Lada' classes.

Amur class is latest and is the fourth generation of the Kilo submarine family. Note the Brahmos Naval missile being launched vertically but this is still under development. India does not have problem with Bangladesh getting Kilos as they also operate them.

1280px-BrahMos_missie_on_Lada_class_non-nuclear_submarine_maqette.jpg

Back
Top Bottom