What's new

Bangladesh Navy

lol these BD guys are hilarious.. they're extremely proud of their armed force building up using 5 billions dollars.. at the same time , they are ready to blame and talking bad others who just used a couple billion dollar for building up its armed force.. :D

yes.
Took a loooonnng time for Us to spend 5 Bill on the armed forces... this is the first time we did lol... before that for years your spendings were way overboard than us... so much so that y'all had economic meltdowns.

lol i means we're making many war ships before making frigates.. :D 135m Kyan-sit-Tha Flight 2 is on going..!!

give me that link..? :D

we dont buy any TOT of OPV tech and our OPV's design is a lot different with its counterpart of India and China.. and yes..!! we got radars and sensors from aboard.. and most of navies doing like this.. seem super powa BD making all radar and sensors for its navy locally.?
I didn't talk about OPV tot I talked about y'all seeking tot sensors from India and seeking assistance... in building OPV when y'all already have the experience to build bigger ships... that's the irony I was talking about.

correct me if iam wrong bd was offered yuan class . why did not buy them or will BN in future but them
as far as i know they are new good reliable
well it is not cheap 250 million one sub i guess i could be wrong

correct me if iam wrong bd was offered yuan class . why did not buy them or will BN in future but them
as far as i know they are new good reliable
well it is not cheap 250 million one sub i guess i could be wrong

We do not yet know anything concrete about Yuan purchase by Bangladesh or Chinese govt. offering it to us. News is still unconfirmed.

However average Yuan class price for export in quantities of three to eight will be way over $350 million per sub with support, spares, maintenance etc. You are not just buying 'a' sub, the specialized support, expertise for repairs and maintenance has to be bought too, uncharted territory for a lot of countries like Bangladesh. Plus there is always graft for the big wigs....

The news that Pakistan was buying Yuan class export version (Also called Type 041 locally in China or S26 for export) with ToT was reported in the Pakistan section quite a few years ago. Since then Pakistan Govt. confirmed it again late last year. Pakistan's deal is valued at $4 to $5 billion for eight subs. Source,

http://thediplomat.com/2016/08/chin...with-8-new-stealth-attack-submarines-by-2028/

Thailand bought three export Yuan class (S26T) subs at package price of US$1 billion. Source,

http://www.defenseworld.net/news/16...hree_Chinese_Subs_For__1_Billion#.WHCcx_krKM8

13521849_502630179935046_1760142179060979112_n.jpg

We do not yet know anything concrete about Yuan purchase by Bangladesh or Chinese govt. offering it to us. News is still unconfirmed.

However average Yuan class price for export in quantities of three to eight will be way over $350 million per sub with support, spares, maintenance etc. You are not just buying 'a' sub, the specialized support, expertise for repairs and maintenance has to be bought too, uncharted territory for a lot of countries like Bangladesh. Plus there is always graft for the big wigs....

The news that Pakistan was buying Yuan class export version (Also called Type 041 locally in China or S26 for export) with ToT was reported in the Pakistan section quite a few years ago. Since then Pakistan Govt. confirmed it again late last year. Pakistan's deal is valued at $4 to $5 billion for eight subs. Source,

http://thediplomat.com/2016/08/chin...with-8-new-stealth-attack-submarines-by-2028/

Thailand bought three export Yuan class (S26T) subs at package price of US$1 billion. Source,

http://www.defenseworld.net/news/16...hree_Chinese_Subs_For__1_Billion#.WHCcx_krKM8

13521849_502630179935046_1760142179060979112_n.jpg

Having just 2 Yuans would keep any foreign misadventures at bay.

thanks for the input with 2 mings and if we ever get the 4 kilo and ever we buy 4 yuan class wow every one will be quiet 10 subs will do but the phurchase should go beyond 2020 as the buget will be very high

thanks for the input with 2 mings and if we ever get the 4 kilo and ever we buy 4 yuan class wow every one will be quiet 10 subs will do but the phurchase should go beyond 2020 as the buget will be very high
Its either Improved Kilo or Yuan. Not both I think.

at least 3 more frigates, atleast 3 more C13B corvettes, at least 3 more Durjoy class LPC, 2 more submarines are coming in this time. now go figure :D
Three more frigates?
It means another 3xUS Coast Guard cutters are going to retire soon after celebrating their 40+ birthday?
C 13B are just a downgraded version of Type 056 with no ASW suite.
For the Mings you should also think about buying a submarine salvage ship.

:cheers::cheers::toast_sign:
@Aung Zaya

Three more frigates?
It means another 3xUS Coast Guard cutters are going to retire soon after celebrating their 40+ birthday?

@Aung Zaya
:D that's.. :cheers::cheers:

Three more frigates?

@Aung Zaya

We already have dedicated ASW capable vessels in place including helicopters. No need to stuff everything in one vessel.
Bangladesh is not looking for more cutter but brand new Frigates from Korea or China.
For submarines it will be either Kilo or Yuan class.

By the way, change your flag to appropriately represent yourself.

4 Frigates also added 2 Jianghu class and 2 Hamilton class.. right?
Yes. The only problem is that they are much older than their Commanding Officers.
Otherwise these are good ships.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom