What's new

Bangladesh Navy

Thank you for saying a few words of appreciation for BD.

Can someone elaborate which arms have been removed, which will remain as it is and which will be newly added? @sahureka2, @kobiraaz, @Mohammed Khaled and others. I know, it has been transformed to the needs of our coast guard. However, in times of war all will be under military command. Excerpt:

"Weapons, missiles and torpedoes

Minerva Class
warships are armed with a single 76/62mm gun. Six anti-submarine warfare torpedoes of 324mm are also installed. Missile systems include eight Aspide missiles along with Albatros surface-to-air missile systems, manufactured and supplied by MBDA Missile Systems.

The missile development company has also developed a new version, named Aspide 2000. The new version is capable of defending consort ships against air attacks and can provide close area defence for the launch ship. Marina Militare is currently upgrading the existing Albatros system to suit the new missile version.

The Gabbiano Sfinge 554 was armed with eight grenade launchers and two bombs, two torpedoes and towing and a 100/47 gun. It was powered by dual diesel engines of 3,500HP and two electric motors. The maximum speed was 18kt."

Please do not play partisan politics in the forum and control others not to do the same. You being a military professional, BD posters would certainly appreciate your positive and non-politicized posts.
Missile system is removed. Torpedos removed. Aa guns added.

TAJUDDIN PL-72
finishing touches to the hull of the ship in dry dock
1468429695.jpg

and it is now almost ready to delivery trip to the Coast Guard of Bangladesh
1469125474.jpg
I'm surprised that the rear area has not been fitted with a flight deck. That would be just/mainly steel to add (one could add an aviation fuel tank too, and would need some equipment for guiding a heli in and out) but can give these ships far greater versatility in their intended patrol role.

As soon as full tv show is out pls post it. Including army and air force if made. On a seperate thread.

I saw it today and it is getting funnier. They made a drama of a lungi clad terrorist group taking control of a sea based gas station and the navy responds by sending naval commandos and BNS swadhinota. Their singing and acting is awkward. Better not post it here.

I saw it today and it is getting funnier. They made a drama of a lungi clad terrorist group taking control of a sea based gas station and the navy responds by sending naval commandos and BNS swadhinota. Their singing and acting is awkward. Better not post it here.
give me link lol

True. The thing that is annoying about anirban is that every 5 min. There has to be a song. Is super annoying. What's this? Bollywood?

Anirban is becoming more into a cultural program than a military one. Navy Anirban 2014 was one of the most awkward show I have ever seen.

Sourcing from India, Israel, Taiwan, N Korea - and could be some more, are forbidden.

I'd agree to not buying stuff from terrorist nations like Israel...

For obvious reasons.
India because politics
Israel because we haven't even recognised it as a state yet
North Korea because international sanctions agaisnt them. And they don't have anything to offer except missiles which are forbidden to sell
Taiwan because we are allied with China and Taiwan is a foe of China.

India would like to make money by selling stuff to us though...
Israel and ISIS are terrorists,why should we buy from them?
North Korea? Umm,don't we buy stuff and train some of our troops in South Korea and USA? They would never sell us stuff...
Umm,about Taiwan,I'm confused...

@bluesky During wartime our Coast Guard comes under control of navy,so you can except the Minerva Class corvettes with teeth during the actual show...

I'd agree to not buying stuff from terrorist nations like Israel...

India would like to make money by selling stuff to us though...
Israel and ISIS are terrorists,why should we buy from them?
North Korea? Umm,don't we buy stuff and train some of our troops in South Korea and USA? They would never sell us stuff...
Umm,about Taiwan,I'm confused...

@bluesky During wartime our Coast Guard comes under control of navy,so you can except the Minerva Class corvettes with teeth during the actual show...
North and south are totally destroyed different koreas. Plus they are ready to sell anything we just don't have the cash.

lu28N1K.jpg

North and south are totally destroyed different koreas. Plus they are ready to sell anything we just don't have the cash.

North Korean Air Force still uses MiG-15s ( to think of that! )
And they don't have anything to offer to us except missiles which are illegal...
We can obtain better stuff from South Korea...Our BNS Bangabandhu is from S.Korea.They have superior weaponry and developing 5th Generation aircrafts,while North Korea is stuck with 2nd Generation birds...
If we buy stuff from N.Korea,we get on Uncle Sam's bad list...

We do have cash,but the cash is misused...In most cases,it goes to the salaries and the remaining goes to the Swiss and Singapore bank accounts of the officials...

View attachment 321669

North Korean Air Force still uses MiG-15s ( to think of that! )
And they don't have anything to offer to us except missiles which are illegal...
We can obtain better stuff from South Korea...Our BNS Bangabandhu is from S.Korea.They have superior weaponry and developing 5th Generation aircrafts,while North Korea is stuck with 2nd Generation birds...
If we buy stuff from N.Korea,we get on Uncle Sam's bad list...

We do have cash,but the cash is misused...In most cases,it goes to the salaries and the remaining goes to the Swiss and Singapore bank accounts of the officials...
North got mig 29s. But that's not he point. You simply can't buy anything nor sell em anything.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom