What's new

Bangladesh Navy

RAWAMI policy makers will not make the mistake of buying anything Indian for the military. There would be a mutiny instantly.
The armed forces are free to buy weapons of their choice. The only thing they have to keep in mind is the available budget to them.

The armed forces are free to buy weapons of their choice. The only thing they have to keep in mind is the available budget to them.
Sourcing from India, Israel, Taiwan, N Korea - and could be some more, are forbidden.

Sourcing from India, Israel, Taiwan, N Korea - and could be some more, are forbidden.
For obvious reasons.
India because politics
Israel because we haven't even recognised it as a state yet
North Korea because international sanctions agaisnt them. And they don't have anything to offer except missiles which are forbidden to sell
Taiwan because we are allied with China and Taiwan is a foe of China.

TAJUDDIN PL-72
finishing touches to the hull of the ship in dry dock
1468429695.jpg

and it is now almost ready to delivery trip to the Coast Guard of Bangladesh
1469125474.jpg

TAJUDDIN PL-72
finishing touches to the hull of the ship in dry dock
1468429695.jpg

and it is now almost ready to delivery trip to the Coast Guard of Bangladesh
1469125474.jpg

Is it Minerva class corvette? How many will be delivered to the Coast Guard?

What armaments they will retain?

Mohammed khaled
no, I do not work in the shipyard, but there is an employee who works in that structure and gently inserting the photos but in a website dedicated to the naval units

For the Coast Guard, so only a KBA 20/85 bow and maybe a few machine gun.
However all is not lost, if you're going to cover some images included in the recent past, you'll notice that the superstructure dl KBA-25/85 ahead of the vessel was bolted directly on the base, which previously housed the OTO Melara 76/62
1465408680.jpg

and detail support where it was installed 8-cell launcher "Albatros" has not been eliminated, but only covered, it could possibly always be reused to install something else
QPENir7.jpg

Completely Stripped of AntiSub capabilities?
I am not sure about that. But I heard it's completely stripped off all weapons. Only sensors are kept that coast guard requires. Maybe Bangladesh would install Chinese TOT stuff in these boats in the future

I am not sure about that. But I heard it's completely stripped off all weapons. Only sensors are kept that coast guard requires. Maybe Bangladesh would install Chinese TOT stuff in these boats in the future

Bangladesh has already demonstrated capacity in the sector, in the recent past with the transformation in corvette launches missiles the OPV castle class
Therefore, in case of necessity it would be easier with the Minerva class, born as corvettes and already at the origin realized with possibility to implement armament including anti-ship missiles,it would be appropriate to implement systems that are used corvettes type 056

Bangladesh has already demonstrated capacity in the sector, in the recent past with the transformation in corvette launches missiles the OPV castle class

Thank you for saying a few words of appreciation for BD.

Can someone elaborate which arms have been removed, which will remain as it is and which will be newly added? @sahureka2, @kobiraaz, @Mohammed Khaled and others. I know, it has been transformed to the needs of our coast guard. However, in times of war all will be under military command. Excerpt:

"Weapons, missiles and torpedoes

Minerva Class
warships are armed with a single 76/62mm gun. Six anti-submarine warfare torpedoes of 324mm are also installed. Missile systems include eight Aspide missiles along with Albatros surface-to-air missile systems, manufactured and supplied by MBDA Missile Systems.

The missile development company has also developed a new version, named Aspide 2000. The new version is capable of defending consort ships against air attacks and can provide close area defence for the launch ship. Marina Militare is currently upgrading the existing Albatros system to suit the new missile version.

The Gabbiano Sfinge 554 was armed with eight grenade launchers and two bombs, two torpedoes and towing and a 100/47 gun. It was powered by dual diesel engines of 3,500HP and two electric motors. The maximum speed was 18kt."

RAWAMI policy makers will not make the mistake of buying anything Indian for the military. There would be a mutiny instantly.

Please do not play partisan politics in the forum and control others not to do the same. You being a military professional, BD posters would certainly appreciate your positive and non-politicized posts.

Last edited:
Thank you for saying a few words of appreciation for BD.

Can someone elaborate which arms have been removed, which will remain as it is and which will be newly added? @sahureka2, @kobiraaz, @Mohammed Khaled and others. I know, it has been transformed to the needs of our coast guard. However, in times of war all will be under military command. Excerpt:

"Weapons, missiles and torpedoes

Minerva Class
warships are armed with a single 76/62mm gun. Six anti-submarine warfare torpedoes of 324mm are also installed. Missile systems include eight Aspide missiles along with Albatros surface-to-air missile systems, manufactured and supplied by MBDA Missile Systems.

The missile development company has also developed a new version, named Aspide 2000. The new version is capable of defending consort ships against air attacks and can provide close area defence for the launch ship. Marina Militare is currently upgrading the existing Albatros system to suit the new missile version.

The Gabbiano Sfinge 554 was armed with eight grenade launchers and two bombs, two torpedoes and towing and a 100/47 gun. It was powered by dual diesel engines of 3,500HP and two electric motors. The maximum speed was 18kt."

Please do not play partisan politics in the forum and control others not to do the same. You being a military professional, BD posters would certainly appreciate your positive and non-politicized posts.

Where did you find partisan politics in this? I have narrated a fact as it is.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom