What's new

Bangladesh Navy to acquire German designed submarines

The ones which can't surface again after diving :bounce:

Hey joker wait...

You talking about us or you?

Last time I checked more than half of the Indian subs are in docks and a substantal number of them are past their scrapping date. It takes you people 5 years to refurbish an attack submarine. Same is the status of your surface combatants; lying in the dry dock half of the time, and a large number of vessels are 50s and 60s era vintage.

If you have nothing good to say than just keep your mouth shut.

Hey guys,
What's the difference between the submarines that Bangladesh and Pakistan is buying from Germany?

I think we are jumping too early here:bounce:.The plans were during BNP period.Now that AL is in power,they might not go for the subs.
So till then its "news in the air".

Sorry Raquib and Khalid bhai for pouring cold water on your wish;)

Those "plans" weren't plans at all.Nothing concrete.Just some sort of a news leak and the Indians responding bringing Pakistan into this.
Are our waters ideal for submarine operations?Do the Myanmarese have subs?
we need maritime surveillance aircraft and new better modern frigates more than subs in my opinion.
There will be a defence policy draft soon.eagerly waiting for it.

Those "plans" weren't plans at all.Nothing concrete.Just some sort of a news leak and the Indians responding bringing Pakistan into this.
Are our waters ideal for submarine operations?Do the Myanmarese have subs?
we need maritime surveillance aircraft and new better modern frigates more than subs in my opinion.
There will be a defence policy draft soon.eagerly waiting for it.

We need subs,to be ahead of Burma.They are training their troops extensively after the standoff.

Tender for maritime aircraft are floated.Have a look at it.today's news:
The Daily Star - Details News

Also plans to acquire military hard wares,direct from ministry.:enjoy:
May be subs will come later on.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yes A K Khandakar said three dimensional navy :tup:

Didn't know about BN crew training on Type-209 subs,good to hear that.:)

Hope they enter service soon.

man... im worried about india :(... they're gonna procure nuclear subs!! how are we gonna compete in that case?? any idea Khaled bhai... :(

Type-209-1400 Attack Submarine

56a89cb97a49f6611f00b336d598e165.jpg

type_209_1400_mod_san.jpg

man... im worried about india :(... they're gonna procure nuclear subs!! how are we gonna compete in that case?? any idea Khaled bhai... :(
Matching Indians by 'Gun for gun' is impossible by BD or PAK, but if 52 Muslim countries form a NATO type union and if every one contributes then Indian can easily be neutralazied. That being said, I am not advocating for a hault of BD-MIL's mordernization. Every country should be vigil for its security but the size of the economy and resources are the denominators on how far each one can go. That's why unity is must among same ideological and believing people.

Back
Top Bottom