What's new

Bangladesh electronics giant Walton to take part in 'Consumer Electronics Show (CES)-2023' at Las Vegas

Yes, ordinary white goods, especially refrigerators and washing machines, have a very high penetration rate in most middle- and high-income countries, and their replacements are slow. The main growth opportunities are in emerging countries. Air conditioners have the greatest growth potential, and TVs are declining globally. Instruments, etc. to be replaced by other equipment, of course, each brand has its advantages in its subdivision field. At present, the differentiated competition of small household appliances may be an important way for the household appliance industry. or new categories

Mobile phones are the highest value device that get replaced every couple of yrs in the west.

Cost are high, with marketing there's also development costs.

I guess this can be ramped up over time as Walton becomes a familiar brand in Europe with house hold appliance proving it reliability, robust and functionality. Ppl will slowly gain trust.

All the while Walton increases it capability, learns and develops and has an increasing cash flow.

By the looks of it Walton will crack the egg in the west it may take a few yrs, they not take the throne with in that period, Inshalla they will be top 3-5.

Once that happens, being able to penetrate every other market, will be a walk in the park. As every one would have heard about them. Considering how homogenised and dominat western
Media is.

Mobile phones are the highest value device that get replaced every couple of yrs in the west.

Cost are high, with marketing there's also development costs.

I guess this can be ramped up over time as Walton becomes a familiar brand in Europe with house hold appliance proving it reliability, robust and functionality. Ppl will slowly gain trust.

All the while Walton increases it capability, learns and develops and has an increasing cash flow.

By the looks of it Walton will crack the egg in the west it may take a few yrs, they not take the throne with in that period, Inshalla they will be top 3-5.

Once that happens, being able to penetrate every other market, will be a walk in the park. As every one would have heard about them. Considering how homogenised and dominat western
Media is.
Yes, he will have growth potential

Get rid of cheap products Industry like textile. Only Expensive products industries can bring the population out of poverty.
Bangladesh should focus of Mechanical and Electrical Industries.

We have a large population and jobs however low level is the key to progress. RMG provides huge amount of employment and facilatates upward social and economic mobility to the masses. The children of RMG workers are being educated and do not aspire to become RMG workers themselves.

BD will advance up the value chain incrementally and walton is an example of that.

BD currently has 2nd highest number of IT freelancers in the world.

You have to take a holistic view here and see the progress from an agrarian country to what has been achieved to date whilst tackling high population, climate crisis, illiteracy, food insecurity and political instability.

when i was talking about them laughing and mocking us, I was specifically talking about those who were laughing at Walton all those yrs ago saying it will be some 2 bit piece of sh*t.

If you want me to go deeper, then here we go:

Me personally, I wasn't really wanted by my family and the caste based filth sikhs-that went to their heads when I was very very young, after that I became a kutta from it was history.

I call them filth as bengalis taught their guru that cast b.s is sh*t. Their pride banghra beat is a rip off of the syhlti/tribal piece.

His father went and quickly adopted the dhol and our bhangra beat.

I honestly don't wanna talk about personal life, in this ghetto where it was white dominated and they were nostalgically English with trait of rhodeism/nazism. It was like I was handpicked by family, inc that volunteered to be the kala kutta from before I knew anything.

I have realised that Pakistani/punjbi/Sikhs pretended not to understand any inter-tangible words that were similar.... even the basic the stuff. There was one time when I almost completely understood hindi and something traumatic happened and it was lost. All so I could be alienated amongst the Asian punjabi caste filth punjiabi/Muslims and sikh. ( the largest poc/asian group of this area in those young days.)

So i can Strive and struggle on my own and be made to dance like kalu bandoor or kutta.

When deep sh*t was going down, the high caste martial race sikh encouraged what ever was happening at home by peering over the garden fences and shouting kalu kutta.

This is deep as I'll go. One man's yard is another man's infernal ghetto.

Sad to hear your experience.

I hope someday you can have closure from these recurring memories.

The big difference is that BD's Walton both designs and builds nearly everything.

It's TVs have only the SoC and the Adroid OS that is imported - everthing else is designed inhouse.

Walton is such a large manufacturer of compressors that it even supplies the Turks who put them in their fridge/freezers to sell to the West European market.

Sorry but there is no comparison between what the Pakistani and Indian home electronics manufacturers and BD.
And that is different from Pakistan (and India probably, but I have no specific knowledge there) how? The big manufacturers make most of their components in house. And have since the late 1980's.

And that is different from Pakistan (and India probably, but I have no specific knowledge there) how? The big manufacturers make most of their components in house. And have since the late 1980's.

No they don’t.

Pakistani and Indian manufacturers are assemblers on the whole.

BD sells TVs and other appliances in developed markets like Europe and USA.

Even Walton’s 4K display panels for their TVs are designed in-house.

No comparison at all.

No they don’t.

No comparison at all.
Dude can I please get the number of your dealer, since thats good shit.

BD has made impressive strides recently and it should be confident in its own abilities without denigrating others falsely

No they don’t.

No comparison at all.
I mean with $25 million exports last year, where are you getting this confidence on Walton?

BD has made impressive strides recently and it should be confident in its own abilities without denigrating others falsely

Dude,

I am stating facts and corrected you when you tried to claim some kind of equivalence between BD and Pakistan.

BD economy is powering ahead at 6-7% per capita growth a year using its own internal resources - low FDI and so using its domestic companies.

Pakistan is barely growing at all and India has practically given up and has invited MNCs like Samsung and LG to manufacture its home electronics for it.

BD cannot at all be compared anymore to even India, let alone Pakistan in economy. It operates at a different level now.

I was at Azterlan in Spain a few months ago. They're an EU-funded metallurgical research laboratory specializing in cast-metal research for industry. They help companies innovate through materials development or process improvement. They're pretty good at what they do.

I was surprised to see an engineer from Walton over there. They're working on ways to optimize their toolings for aluminum die casting using computational fluid dynamics. Of course, they let the Spanish scientists do all that technical stuff, but I was pleasantly surprised to see a Bangladeshi company to do process-level R&D on this level!

Back
Top Bottom