What's new

Bangladesh electronics giant Walton to take part in 'Consumer Electronics Show (CES)-2023' at Las Vegas

He will definitely have promising potential, but I don't think it's easy to get away from your goal.

BD always surprises on the economic front.

The big worldwide battle on the mid-tier home electronics front this decade is likely to be between China's Hisense and BD's Walton.

The big worldwide battle on the mid-tier home electronics front this decade is likely to be between China's Hisense and BD's Walton.
I mean what are you on to be this delusional?

They had export target of $100 million for 2022 but couldn't cross $25 million. What nonsense are you sprouting?

Exporting to Western countries? They set up subsidiaries in these countries and export to them and get them counted as exports. It is the sales that matter not exports numbers. But I give it to them, they know how to fool gullible Bangos like you.

Competing with Samsung? Samsung exported over $110 billion from Korea alone. They have many other factories world over. Stop making fool of yourself. Who even buys anything from Bangladesh other than chaddis? Don't bet on Indian market. You have no idea how competitive it is.

Last edited:

Ok, let's wait until you gain a firm foothold in the Indian market

When you enter the top ten, you will find that you are not only competing with Hisense, but also competing with Chinese brands such as Xiaomi, tcl, Haier, Midea, Gree, etc.

Last edited:

Don't be like MMM-E, okay?

When you enter the top ten, you will find that you are not only competing with Hisense, but also competing with Chinese brands such as Xiaomi, tcl, Haier, Midea, Gree, etc.

These other brands do not have a presence in the TV market in the west.

I just see Hisense and now Walton coming in.

The West and India will squeeze Chinese companies but BD will retain full access to all their markets - that is why Walton could realistically be one of the big players in the top 5-6 by 2030.

Last edited:
^^^

I don't agree with this assessment in the least. This person has maybe some idea about EU and UK market (which is miniscule) but no idea about how deep Chinese investments have gotten in the US. Where the US is 'squeezing' Chinese companies is where national security and tech "theft" is alleged (not proven).

As usual, vehemently anti-Chinese and shilling for India...don't believe his flags.

I know for sure that in the US - TCL supplies Walmart TVs as OEM (has been for the last two decades) and they also sell their branded TVs and Cellphones there.

Haier also sells TV's, Refrigerators and room air-conditioning units from their manufacturing facility in North Carolina or thereabouts.

Many other Chinese brands have also set up shop in Mexican towns across the US border (Maquiladora value addition situation using low cost Mexican labor for assembly in El Paso, Tijuana and Calexico) just like the Japanese and Koreans had earlier.

I know that Xiaomi and Gree have markets in both Bangladesh and India, the former mostly for cellphones/tablets while Gree for TV's, Refrigerators and room air-conditioning units etc. In fact Gree assembles locally I believe in Bangladesh because tariff on fully assembled appliances is rather high.

Xiaomi sells TVs in India as well - they have a very large marketshare.

Last edited:
Have they purchased the entire brand of zanussi?

Yes - globally. There are other Italian associated brands that were purchased as well.

Zanussi has a large (and reputed) presence in the refrigerator market in most of the EU and Walton will be able to grow the brand with a lower price point and also upmarket models - features not available in the Zanussi brand of late, given Walton's basic strength in manufacturing multiple lines of refrigerator compressors at a much lower price point than Zanussi ever did. A separate older compressor mfg. line was also bought from Zanussi factory in Italy and will be transferred to Bangladesh (or may have been already).

Since I live in the US most of the time, not familiar with recent brand presence and product offerings in the UK for Zanussi.

I don't know if the Zanussi fridges are tiny or UK fridges overall are small to begin with.

In the US even the lower end fridges go up to 600-700 litres in capacity.

Yes - globally. There are other Italian associated brands that were purchased as well.

Zanussi has a large (and reputed) presence in the refrigerator market in most of the EU and Walton will be able to grow the brand with a lower price point and also upmarket models - features not available in the Zanussi brand of late, given Walton's basic strength in manufacturing multiple lines of refrigerator compressors at a much lower price point than Zanussi ever did. A separate older compressor mfg. line was also bought from Zanussi factory in Italy and will be transferred to Bangladesh (or may have been already).

Since I live in the US most of the time, not familiar with recent brand presence and product offerings in the UK for Zanussi.

I don't know if the Zanussi fridges are tiny or UK fridges overall are small to begin with.

In the US even the lower end fridges go up to 600-700 litres in capacity.

Zanussi still retail for a very rrp, as long as the Walton maintains the Italian image or the stupid uneconomic ergonomic and flashy designs that Italians are known for than that's fine. With Walton build quality there should be nothing stopping it.

I wanna give a massive 2 fingers to those bindians, as many yrs ago they were laughing and mocking us,those paks that think they something special and some what above the rest of South Asia. All that wealth these lot store in inbreeding amazes me.

Also those bdeshi jamaati wanna bees that look up to bindians and inbred pak elite. Also those syhletis that think syhleti dialect is so special that it not even bengali. When many linguistics ppl have confirmed that it unique enough to be considered to be a language of its own merit. Those idiots point to that stupid script that was created by administrators so we could communicate with those backward ppl in assam, cite this as a reason. Nothing more than bIndian raw stooge.

Walton has an extremely impressive products catalogue.
That said, there are about half a dozen Pakistani entities with similar or greater production. Waves, Dawlence, Orient come to mind and thats before the foreign companies with major Pak production like Samsung and Haier.

But, Walton seems to have no shortage of ambition and thats a good thing, our Seths seem happy go produce for the local markets. Walton is doing for it overseas and daring to dream big.

Walton has an extremely impressive products catalogue.
That said, there are about half a dozen Pakistani entities with similar or greater production. Waves, Dawlence, Orient come to mind and thats before the foreign companies with major Pak production like Samsung and Haier.

But, Walton seems to have no shortage of ambition and thats a good thing, our Seths seem happy go produce for the local markets. Walton is doing for it overseas and daring to dream big.

The big difference is that BD's Walton both designs and builds nearly everything.

It's TVs have only the SoC and the Adroid OS that is imported - everthing else is designed inhouse.

Walton is such a large manufacturer of compressors that it even supplies the Turks who put them in their fridge/freezers to sell to the West European market.

Sorry but there is no comparison between what the Pakistani and Indian home electronics manufacturers and BD.

Zanussi still retail for a very rrp, as long as the Walton maintains the Italian image or the stupid uneconomic ergonomic and flashy designs that Italians are known for than that's fine. With Walton build quality there should be nothing stopping it.

I wanna give a massive 2 fingers to those bindians, as many yrs ago they were laughing and mocking us,those paks that think they something special and some what above the rest of South Asia. All that wealth these lot store in inbreeding amazes me.

Also those bdeshi jamaati wanna bees that look up to bindians and inbred pak elite. Also those syhletis that think syhleti dialect is so special that it not even bengali. When many linguistics ppl have confirmed that it unique enough to be considered to be a language of its own merit. Those idiots point to that stupid script that was created by administrators so we could communicate with those backward ppl in assam, cite this as a reason. Nothing more than bIndian raw stooge.

In time we will prevail. However it is not good to paint all Indians and Pakistanis with the same brush. There are sane people in those countries, I'd say the majority harbor no ill feeling toward as a people. I have plenty of friends from both countries and I can vouch for this.

In time we will prevail. However it is not good to paint all Indians and Pakistanis with the same brush. There are sane people in those countries, I'd say the majority harbor no ill feeling toward as a people. I have plenty of friends from both countries and I can vouch for this.

when i was talking about them laughing and mocking us, I was specifically talking about those who were laughing at Walton all those yrs ago saying it will be some 2 bit piece of sh*t.

If you want me to go deeper, then here we go:

Me personally, I wasn't really wanted by my family and the caste based filth sikhs-that went to their heads when I was very very young, after that I became a kutta from it was history.

I call them filth as bengalis taught their guru that cast b.s is sh*t. Their pride banghra beat is a rip off of the syhlti/tribal piece.

His father went and quickly adopted the dhol and our bhangra beat.

I honestly don't wanna talk about personal life, in this ghetto where it was white dominated and they were nostalgically English with trait of rhodeism/nazism. It was like I was handpicked by family, inc that volunteered to be the kala kutta from before I knew anything.

I have realised that Pakistani/punjbi/Sikhs pretended not to understand any inter-tangible words that were similar.... even the basic the stuff. There was one time when I almost completely understood hindi and something traumatic happened and it was lost. All so I could be alienated amongst the Asian punjabi caste filth punjiabi/Muslims and sikh. ( the largest poc/asian group of this area in those young days.)

So i can Strive and struggle on my own and be made to dance like kalu bandoor or kutta.

When deep sh*t was going down, the high caste martial race sikh encouraged what ever was happening at home by peering over the garden fences and shouting kalu kutta.

This is deep as I'll go. One man's yard is another man's infernal ghetto.

Last edited:
These other brands do not have a presence in the TV market in the west.

I just see Hisense and now Walton coming in.

The West and India will squeeze Chinese companies but BD will retain full access to all their markets - that is why Walton could realistically be one of the big players in the top 5-6 by 2030.
In 2021, the global color TV market shipments hit a six-year low: 10 million units may be the TOP5 "entry ticket.That is, your sales volume exceeds 10 million units to have a chance to enter the top five.
India-smart-TV-shipments-Q4-2020-vs-Q4-2021-1024x576.jpg

India-smart-TV-shipments-2020-vs-2021-1024x576.jpg

Different brands have different advantages in subdivided fields.
e64a-43603b05f3825454dd3ea8e06145ecad.jpg

In 2021, the global color TV market shipments hit a six-year low: 10 million units may be the TOP5 "entry ticket.That is, your sales volume exceeds 10 million units to have a chance to enter the top five.View attachment 910345
View attachment 910346
Different brands have different advantages in subdivided fields.
View attachment 910347

Very true tv's and refrigerator and appliances have very medium-long life spans. Although profitable. Ppl don't tend to go out of their way to get one unless it breaks, or it's the must have for them

Laptops have very limited life pans, depending the amount of use. My laptop is a mid-range one. I dont use it other than work stuff which is on rare occasions, it must be 3-4 yrs old, it already has over heating problem and blue screen hits up.

Also mobile phones ppl tend to ditch after a 1-3 yrs.

Very true tv's and refrigerator and appliances have very medium-long life spans. Although profitable. Ppl don't tend to go out of their way to get one unless it breaks, or it's the must have for them

Laptops have very limited life pans, depending the amount of use. My laptop is a mid-range one. I dont use it other than work stuff which is on rare occasions, it must be 3-4 yrs old, it already has over heating problem and blue screen hits up.

Also mobile phones ppl tend to ditch after a 1-3 yrs.
Yes, ordinary white goods, especially refrigerators and washing machines, have a very high penetration rate in most middle- and high-income countries, and their replacements are slow. The main growth opportunities are in emerging countries. Air conditioners have the greatest growth potential, and TVs are declining globally. Instruments, etc. to be replaced by other equipment, of course, each brand has its advantages in its subdivision field. At present, the differentiated competition of small household appliances may be an important way for the household appliance industry. or new categories

Back
Top Bottom