What's new

Bangladesh Army

Hate to break it to you but its assembly from what looks like Chinese kits:

http://www.bmtfbd.com/assembly_shop.php

3 "assembly lines" and 3 trucks per day.....thats kit-based for sure. Pics confirm it.
you know nilgiri, bus like in the picture are manufactured in open field by random mechanics in dholaikhal.
the truck chassis might have been imported from china but considering mitsubishi had a chassis and engine manufacturing plant which was destroyed in 71 and restored around in 2009... i wouldn;t be surprised if all these is done locally....

the cars for govt members, military men are all assembled/manufactured in bd. but the capacity is not even close to sell out to commercial population

you know nilgiri, bus like in the picture are manufactured in open field by random mechanics in dholaikhal.
the truck chassis might have been imported from china but considering mitsubishi had a chassis and engine manufacturing plant which was destroyed in 71 and restored around in 2009... i wouldn;t be surprised if all these is done locally....

the cars for govt members, military men are all assembled/manufactured in bd. but the capacity is not even close to sell out to commercial population

No one is going to have a full manufacturing facility if you are only going to pump out 3 trucks a day at most (given all the money wasted on the capital investment) on 3 separate "lines" (more like assembly stations).

I mean its operating income is about 2 million USD (I'm guessing its for only the vehicle assembly part because it doesnt make sense with everything else they do at their main website):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh_Machine_Tools_Factory

It's just not the scale required for full manufacturing if those indeed are the numbers. So my guess is it imports the kits (either SKD or CKD) and assembles them. Thats the labour intensive process anyway, so it fits BD requirements well at current stage.

If you have any videos/proof on the capital machinery for any from scratch manufacturing, I'd of course love to be proven wrong. Same goes for the cars and such....is that done by another company? If so, which one?

Pragoti have been assembling Mitsubishi Pajeros locally for decades - importing kits (CKD). Don't know anyone else who does anything similar...

Great gesture to a friendly country. We can train and supply their naval forces (probably their coast guard first and foremost with long range patrol boats) if they need it, to maintain their EEZ and sea resources (fishing, mineral).

In fact we need to help them improve their maritime capability - it is important for strategic reasons. We can definitely refurbish some of our decommissioned older coastal patrol boats and give it to them as a friendly gesture. Which is probably very appropriate for their needs and more capability than they have currently.

By the way - little OT note, Maldivian has weekly flights to Dhaka I believe so, Bangladeshis can fly to a world class tourist destination for not too much dough......

plz add to that - there are some 80,000 Bangladeshis living in that country.... the relationships are much closer than a lot of people (mostly Indians) would like to admit.....

Pragoti have been assembling Mitsubishi Pajeros locally for decades - importing kits (CKD). Don't know anyone else who does anything similar...
Last time I read Progotis contract with Mitsubishi had expired without renewal. Our Pajero Sport used to be assembled by Progoti. Later Progoti made a contract with Mahindra to assemble a SUV targeting our gov sector. I dont know whats the status now.

No one is going to have a full manufacturing facility if you are only going to pump out 3 trucks a day at most (given all the money wasted on the capital investment) on 3 separate "lines" (more like assembly stations).

I mean its operating income is about 2 million USD (I'm guessing its for only the vehicle assembly part because it doesnt make sense with everything else they do at their main website):

It's just not the scale required for full manufacturing if those indeed are the numbers. So my guess is it imports the kits (either SKD or CKD) and assembles them. Thats the labour intensive process anyway, so it fits BD requirements well at current stage.

If you have any videos/proof on the capital machinery for any from scratch manufacturing, I'd of course love to be proven wrong. Same goes for the cars and such....is that done by another company? If so, which one?

see, its not just about money..... man's gotta do, what a man's gotta do....
how much money did India make from the nuke warheads they made?.....

its not full car manufacturinng ofc... with kits like lights ccoming from thailand for toyotas for ex

Shield Gate at Ramu Cantonment:
Ramu Cantonment.jpg

There is a news floating around that BD Army is purchasing American sub-machine gun and assault rifle to replace its Para-commandos' main assault rifle Chinese type-56.

^^^ No one cares mr. crybaby. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Bruh the mod is getting annoying nowadays. Pakistanis go about bashing everybody and derailing a thread np but when you give a befitting response. You get blamed, deleted and negatively rated...

Back
Top Bottom