What's new

Bangladesh Army

A big party (up to 50 vehicles) of BTR-80 for the Bangladesh UN peacekeeping forces.

3507124_original.jpg

3507267_original.jpg

3507534_original.jpg
armament is not good..................:(

do you think, i don,t know the differance betwen Tank and APC? o_O o_O o_O

you don,t understand what he trying to say !
CAN YOU PLEAS explain WHICH ARMAMENT IS BATTER...........:coffee:

OUR (BTR 80 VERSON)
2011_Moscow_Victory_Day_Parade_(360-06)_(cropped).jpg

MAYANMAR ARMY (BTR-3 VERSON)
mmmilitary_BTR_3_U_2.jpg

btr3e1.jpg
I didn't challenge your knowledge... This kinds of vehicles aren't meant to be heavily armed.
We'll both armaments have their perks... There is a heavy machine gun fitted on some models and some countries opted to install a canon on their APC. I however think for a infantry vehicle... A high firing rate weapons is better than low firing rate high firepower weapon. I bet both Myanmar and Bangladesh got machine guns fitted and not cannons because I have seen canons fitted in vehicles of African nations...

I didn't challenge your knowledge... This kinds of vehicles aren't meant to be heavily armed.
We'll both armaments have their perks... There is a heavy machine gun fitted on some models and some countries opted to install a canon on their APC. I however think for a infantry vehicle... A high firing rate weapons is better than low firing rate high firepower weapon. I bet both Myanmar and Bangladesh got machine guns fitted and not cannons because I have seen canons fitted in vehicles of African nations...

armament is not good..................:(

It is based on purpose. The delivery will most probably go direct from Russia to Africa to be used by the Army for peace keeping purpose. What is the benefit of having anti tank armament against foot soldiers??

It is based on purpose. The delivery will most probably go direct from Russia to Africa to be used by the Army for peace keeping purpose. What is the benefit of having anti tank armament against foot soldiers??

# remember the russian 1 bilion cradit for weapon purchase (including new 330 BTR-82A) ? those btr don,t sems to new built it,s probable comes from storages and refurbised for BD army.
f8002dcfdd4e36fd6b1244b97fcacbf6.jpg

# what should we need to do ? if we want to add ATGM capability? is not we need to bring back to workshop those btrs for changing turrent again.
other side if we have ATGM capability and we don,t need them, then can,t we just un install those atgm missile and again when we need we install them again (plag and shoot option). which theory is batter?

# our armored formation is operated by tank and btr 80 (both don,t have any kind of atgm capability). only capability is zeep mounted HJ-8 atgm. (i don,t see any kornet atgm in armored formation untill 2015).

# i don,t think there is such a logic only infentry support vehicle, let,s think you pettroling and come face to face with a tank......... what you will do? can you start shooting bullets or fire atgm? in the main time the enamy tank will wait and say you plz bring your tank "i will not fight with you because i am a tank and you are btr"?
(i know most of the un peach keeping mission rabbel don,t have any tank....... but think it like our armored formation vs mayanmar army armored formation battle. there is no differance between un peach keeping mission verson or bd army verson BTR 80)

# WHY should we buy something old when something new and batter is available?

i am not those people who will simple say our is batter then yours, i will say what,s i think is true and i think our armored equipment tank, btr is not updated compare with india and mayanmar.

# remember the russian 1 bilion cradit for weapon purchase (including new 330 BTR-82A) ? those btr don,t sems to new built it,s probable comes from storages and refurbised for BD army.
f8002dcfdd4e36fd6b1244b97fcacbf6.jpg

# what should we need to do ? if we want to add ATGM capability? is not we need to bring back to workshop those btrs for changing turrent again.
other side if we have ATGM capability and we don,t need them, then can,t we just un install those atgm missile and again when we need we install them again (plag and shoot option). which theory is batter?

# our armored formation is operated by tank and btr 80 (both don,t have any kind of atgm capability). only capability is zeep mounted HJ-8 atgm. (i don,t see any kornet atgm in armored formation untill 2015).

# i don,t think there is such a logic only infentry support vehicle, let,s think you pettroling and come face to face with a tank......... what you will do? can you start shooting bullets or fire atgm? in the main time the enamy tank will wait and say you plz bring your tank "i will not fight with you because i am a tank and you are btr"?
(i know most of the un peach keeping mission rabbel don,t have any tank....... but think it like our armored formation vs mayanmar army armored formation battle. there is no differance between un peach keeping mission verson or bd army verson BTR 80)

# WHY should we buy something old when something new and batter is available?

i am not those people who will simple say our is batter then yours, i will say what,s i think is true and i think our armored equipment tank, btr is not updated compare with india and mayanmar.

1. What tells you these are refurbished? They are not. As far as I recall BTR 80A and BTR 82A is part of two different deal. I think 50-80 were on order.

2. Our tanks has ATGM capability. Nothing wrong with not having ATGM mounted on the turret. Everything is designed to play a role, and they do it.

3. The hypothetical scenario you presented, you didn't consider a basic thing. It doesn't mean just cuz they have ATGM, that the soldiers will be ready to fire the. Why do think that the tank won't have the chance to destroy the btr before it fire an atgm on the tank?

4. Just cuz some other has something, doesn't mean we have to have it too. If a equipment does the intended job it was designed to do,it is good enough. We think of a role /job then design to meet them. Not the other way around.

1. What tells you these are refurbished? They are not. As far as I recall BTR 80A and BTR 82A is part of two different deal. I think 50-80 were on order.

2. Our tanks has ATGM capability. Nothing wrong with not having ATGM mounted on the turret. Everything is designed to play a role, and they do it.

3. The hypothetical scenario you presented, you didn't consider a basic thing. It doesn't mean just cuz they have ATGM, that the soldiers will be ready to fire the. Why do think that the tank won't have the chance to destroy the btr before it fire an atgm on the tank?

4. Just cuz some other has something, doesn't mean we have to have it too. If a equipment does the intended job it was designed to do,it is good enough. We think of a role /job then design to meet them. Not the other way around.

ok, i may be wrong.
i want only one ans, and the question is which APC is batter. is it Mananmar army verson or Bangladesh army verson?
please gave the ans in simple typing country verson............ thanks.

Our tanks has ATGM capability
which one? all of them or only 44 VT-1A? details please..........

ok, i may be wrong.
i want only one ans, and the question is which APC is batter. is it Mananmar army verson or Bangladesh army verson?

All of the tanks. Since the old ones have been upgraded to achieve that capability

ok, i may be wrong.

No need of comparison. It's pure waste of time. Want atgm on them? then take it to the workshop and weld some missile rack on the turret. Install FCS for the gunner. Job well done.

All of them. Type 69 mk II G tanks can, The VT4A can and now after upgrade the type 59 BD can.

in my mind i consider our terain (river or water floded area) where i think BTR apc is more usefull then tank,

sourch please........!
Yep, BTR's are suitable for our terrain.
I was countering your points with some of mine. You didn't answer me though.

Back
Top Bottom