What's new

Bangladesh Army

G3 is said to have great recoil; interfering with the aim. Does this modification solve that?

G-3 does have a lot of recoil I'm burst mode .. But in the hands of a trained soldier its a non issue ... And it's accurate.

The modification does solve the issue aswell as provides for muzzle flash,reduces the weight and other issues..

But these are stop gap weapons and are being inducted till the new Rifle is accepted in service.

The S version is shorter and compact.

13886908_1058287027612201_6770071717696865700_n.jpg

It's a type 59 g upgrade...
Tanzanian-type_59G.jpg

Tanzanian type 59g upgrade... has type96 welded turret, 122 mm smoothbore gun, 800hp engine, moredern fire control system, second gen night vision, upgraded side skirts etc

Is there an article that lists out what has been upgraded?
If it's type59g upgrade it should be something like the Tanzanian upgrade that brings it up to 3rd gen MBT standard.
The main armament is now a smoothbore 122 mm capable of firing APFSDS, HEAT, HE-FRAG, and ATGMs through the tube

It's a type 59 g upgrade...
Tanzanian-type_59G.jpg

Tanzanian type 59g upgrade... has type96 welded turret, 122 mm smoothbore gun, 800hp engine, moredern fire control system, second gen night vision, upgraded side skirts etc

If it's type59g upgrade it should be something like the Tanzanian upgrade that brings it up to 3rd gen MBT standard.
The main armament is now a smoothbore 122 mm capable of firing APFSDS, HEAT, HE-FRAG, and ATGMs through the tube

The tanzanian one looks a lot better.

Was it a lot cheaper to do then get some T-72s in storage in eastern bloc?
I guess they did upgrade these out of necessity than concern of budget constraint.... this upgrade should bring this to standards of early to mid t90s t72 etc... so yeah. Although there are talks for 1 new armored division... no one knows what tank and in what numbers for sure.

I don't think upgraded the turret...seems pretty round to me.

Back
Top Bottom