What's new

Bangladesh and a military coup

I doubt that there will be a coup. But hey god forbid if something happens, people will just have to live with it.

:whistle:

I agree. Koreans & Bangladeshis like you are very different. For one thing: Koreans would never insinuate that other Koreans aren't capable of success.

But most importantly: Koreans are VERY nationalistic. When Korea was going through a major crisis in 1999, Koreans donated >$1.8BILLION dollars in personal jewelry to the govt to help with the debt problem.

I think a really good way to make Bangladeshi people more nationalistic & take more pride in Bangladesh is to require mandatory military service for all men. Korea & Israel do this - they are 2 of the most nationalistic countries in the world.

President Park Chung-hee said: There can't be democracy without economic success.

I agree. Otherwise, it's too difficult to keep a good handle on things like corruption and corruption sucks wealth out of the country & it's just a vicious cycle.

The rest of this crap is just your drivel talking about whatever political party you support. Whatever.

How much do you know about Koreans, if I may ask, other than reading stuff on the internet?

How much do you know about Koreans, if I may ask, other than reading stuff on the internet?

:omghaha:i know the word pukkae and my best friend, she is a korean and she hates it when i call her chinese. I know they like bubble tea and their cuisine is nice!

Don’t think govt is weak, warns Ashraf

The present government is capable of thwarting any bid to start a civil war to change the country's political system, LGRD Minister Syed Ashraful Islam said Wednesday.

Islam told a press conference that the ‘structure of democracy cannot be compromised with’.

He said the government acted with great restraint during the recent mayhem unleashed by the Jamaat-e-Islami to avoid too many casualties. “But taking that as our weakness will be a mistake.”

Islam said there was a concerted effort to discredit the Awami League by instigating the party’s rank and file to hit the streets to fight it out. "They want to provoke us into a civil war and we must avoid that trap ... but we are not weak."

“No matter how much they provoke for a civil war, the Awami League will not let anyone break the democratic system and replace it with another 1/11-type set-up,” the minister said.

On Jan 11 2007, a military-backed caretaker administration had taken charge and stayed in office for nearly two years, way beyond its constitutional limits.

The press conference was organised at Awami League president Sheikh Hasina’s Dhanmondi office to clarify the party’s line in the wake of the violence unleashed by the Jamaat-e-Islami after its leader Delwar Hossain Sayedee was sentenced to death by the first war crimes tribunal of Bangladesh for crimes, including rape and murder, during the nation’s nine-month-long War of Independence in 1971.

The Islamist party and its student affiliate went berserk after the verdict. Home Minister Mohiuddin Khan Alamgir told parliament Tuesday that a total of 67 people, including seven policemen, were killed across the country in clashes until Monday.

When asked about banning the Jamaat, Syed Ashraful Islam said the government would take 'appropriate decision at the right time'.

Don

A decent amount.

Just to win an argument I am not interested to get into a debate with you. You are welcome to have your dreams in a fantasy land though.

:omghaha:i know the word pukkae and my best friend, she is a korean and she hates it when i call her chinese. I know they like bubble tea and their cuisine is nice!

Yes they have a serious case of China hatred, but once they understand the whole picture, they can be turned around. They are on average a smart and bright lot, unlike us Bangladeshi's, that is what I have seen from my experience with them.

I think a really good way to make Bangladeshi people more nationalistic & take more pride in Bangladesh is to require mandatory military service for all men. Korea & Israel do this - they are 2 of the most nationalistic countries in the world.

No hell no! The weak must be allowed to choose. :P

Yes they have a serious case of China hatred, but once they understand the whole picture, they can be turned around. They are on average a smart and bright lot, unlike us Bangladeshi's, that is what I have seen from my experience with them.

See - this is what I mean. No Korean I've ever met from Korea would say something like this about other Koreans.

Maybe the problem is you're dealing with Bangladeshis like you - aka the lowest common denominator. The Bangladeshi people I am around aren't hateful like you :)

*sigh*

As much as I hate to say this...

But I have to agree with flame-retardant regarding military conscription. Nothing but basic combat training, patriotism and some hardened discipline. We have to do this at some point in time.

Last someday I've been seeing one exceptional scene while passing through cantonment...soldiers are guarding the entries with arms in hand. Generally when there's a chaos taking place inside military, then they keep arms in hand. Last time I've seen them with arms after BDR mutiny and the so called coup. But now there's no news of such chaos but they are their armed on entries....what could be the reasons...any idea?

Millions of people ob Bangladesh is now expecting a military takeover, may be a coup as well. If you look back then, our country developed mostly during military regimes.. 80% bangladeshi believes so...

Back
Top Bottom