What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

Ok this photo was taken from another photo displayed in BANGLADESH ARMED FORCES HARDWARE SHOW 2012.

which helo is this??? Model?? Harbin Z9?

Maybe this is Photoshopped, but as it was shown in the show, means we are getting it.

557193_218140921626820_100002927417032_397200_2018584220_n.jpg

Discuss!
This is Eurocopter AS 365 N3 Dauphin medium lift helicopter .Initially 2 of these helicopters are being purchased by BA.

Some shots are really cool:smokin:

hehe,BAF boys dancing and plugging on a cool song...enjoy:bunny:

Last edited by a moderator:
Feel inside and outside of cockpit :bounce:

Last edited by a moderator:
Probable future modernization plan of BAF.....some of them are confirmed and some are not

- Bangladesh Air Force WILL NOT procure the JF-17/FC-1 or J-10.
- BAF probably will procure another 16 MiG-29SMT/M2 or 8 MiG-29SMT along with another 16 Su-30MK2s
- 80% of Bangladesh Air Force combat aircraft will be supplied by the four Russian manufacturers.
- At least one squadron of Yak-130 advanced jet trainers and one squadron of Yak-152 primary trainers are being procured for the current FY. Successul flight tests were already conducted by BAF officers in Russia. Yak-152 will replace the aged PT-6 trainers.
- The Bangladesh Air Force will induct F-7BGI BVR-capable multirole fighter aircraft as a gap filler before inducting the 4+ and 4++ generation combat aircraft.
- The Bangladesh Air Force will induct C-130E/H transport aircraft soon to enhance its own airlift capabilities and support the land forces.
-6 Mi-35 attack helicopters and 3 Mi-171sh support helicopters will be inducted shortly.
- Bangabandhu Aeronautical Complex is being constructed with the plan of manufacturing parts for aircraft, fully maintaining all types of aircraft locally, designing and manufacturing light aircraft, radar and communications equipment.
- The Bangladesh Air Force Academy's ultra modern Bangabandhu Complex constructed is starting too.
- The Bangladesh Air Force is currently engaged in over 100 indigenous R&D projects for manufacturing aircraft support systems, UAVs, drones, communications equipment, munitions and upgrades to existing aircraft.
- Forces Goal Vision 2030 will enable the Bangladesh Air Force to be one of the most advance outfits in the region and effectively provide a deterrent against the threats posed by neighbouring countries.
-Radar and medium range air defence systems are also being procured in haste.

Source- bdmilitary forum

When they are getting Chinese AWE&Cs??? I think 7 would be sufficient!
The thing may be Bangladesh is a small country and thats why AWE&Cs are not in the primary list right now,may be in future !!

don't want to see any MIG-29 anymore..........SU-30MK2 will be nice........Mi-35 is good but MI-28 would be awesome ...."shigs".....need some specification on F-7BGI....didnt see it yet.....need a pic too....

don't want to see any MIG-29 anymore..........SU-30MK2 will be nice........Mi-35 is good but MI-28 would be awesome ...."shigs".....need some specification on F-7BGI....didnt see it yet.....need a pic too....
No the later versions of MIG 29 like SMT,M2 are quite good and we already have the necessary infrastructure for MIG-29,so why not !!

You can't undermine the need of AWE&Cs as 7 would be sufficient like in war time or in tension seasons only three in air would ensure that no one will voilate their airspace easily.

No the later versions of MIG 29 like SMT,M2 are quite good and we already have the necessary infrastructure for MIG-29,so why not !!
Yeah I know that later version of Mig-29 are good.....but we need a dedicated long range AC to protect our maritime border.....SU-30MK2 suits better for this role......

Yeah I know that later version of Mig-29 are good.....but we need a dedicated long range AC to protect our maritime border.....SU-30MK2 suits better for this role......
What i know is along with new MIG-29s there will be also a new squadron of SU-30s,,,now you can be happy or hold on lets wait for some solid confirmation .

Procurement of Migs will depend on which party is in power. Chinese won't sell J-10 or JF-17 to a
Awami governed Bangladesh while if BNP comes next they will scrap all these deals with russia.
I personally don't want to see Migs in BAF fleet. Better option is to offer tenders by inviting different companies and selecting based on merit. j10 and Thypoon are my favorite though.:smitten:

Probable future modernization plan of BAF.....some of them are confirmed and some are not

- Bangladesh Air Force WILL NOT procure the JF-17/FC-1 or J-10.
- BAF probably will procure another 16 MiG-29SMT/M2 or 8 MiG-29SMT along with another 16 Su-30MK2s
- 80% of Bangladesh Air Force combat aircraft will be supplied by the four Russian manufacturers.
- At least one squadron of Yak-130 advanced jet trainers and one squadron of Yak-152 primary trainers are being procured for the current FY. Successul flight tests were already conducted by BAF officers in Russia. Yak-152 will replace the aged PT-6 trainers.
- The Bangladesh Air Force will induct F-7BGI BVR-capable multirole fighter aircraft as a gap filler before inducting the 4+ and 4++ generation combat aircraft.
- The Bangladesh Air Force will induct C-130E/H transport aircraft soon to enhance its own airlift capabilities and support the land forces.
-6 Mi-35 attack helicopters and 3 Mi-171sh support helicopters will be inducted shortly.
- Bangabandhu Aeronautical Complex is being constructed with the plan of manufacturing parts for aircraft, fully maintaining all types of aircraft locally, designing and manufacturing light aircraft, radar and communications equipment.
- The Bangladesh Air Force Academy's ultra modern Bangabandhu Complex constructed is starting too.
- The Bangladesh Air Force is currently engaged in over 100 indigenous R&D projects for manufacturing aircraft support systems, UAVs, drones, communications equipment, munitions and upgrades to existing aircraft.
- Forces Goal Vision 2030 will enable the Bangladesh Air Force to be one of the most advance outfits in the region and effectively provide a deterrent against the threats posed by neighbouring countries.
-Radar and medium range air defence systems are also being procured in haste.

Source- bdmilitary forum

These aims of the BAF is really great to hear. However i stronly protest the purchase of migs or sukhois. It will be better if we go for single engined aircraft like the gripen. Any news in bd mil about the gripen?

The words "at least" suggest that the air force might buy another squadron of yak 130 in the future :)

Good to see the BAF is finally inducting some attack helicopters

Anyway what is the "medium range air defence system" we are inducting?

What i know is along with new MIG-29s there will be also a new squadron of SU-30s,,,now you can be happy or hold on lets wait for some solid confirmation .
ah if this comes true I will buy you sweets.......:tongue:

Procurement of Migs will depend on which party is in power. Chinese won't sell J-10 or JF-17 to a
Awami governed Bangladesh while if BNP comes next they will scrap all these deals with russia.
I personally don't want to see Migs in BAF fleet. Better option is to offer tenders by inviting different companies and selecting based on merit. j10 and Typhoon are my favorite though.:smitten:
Typhoon would be a day dream..........don't want to see any Migs or JF-17.......but J-10 and SU-30 mixer would be a great package......
but my personal favorite is JAS-39giripanN/G and SU-30 package.......:smitten:

Back
Top Bottom