What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

Most likely BAF is getting used Mig-29.

Maybe used or new Su-30. Or maybe new Mig-35 but after 2020.

I doubt J-10B or FC-1 will be obtained.

Anything else is unrealistic.

china cannot sale equivalent to j11 as it is su series in russia no thirrd party agreement
future the jc31 j14 j15 kind of plane we can buy
f7 and mig29 we need to dispose it they are useless what we have
jf 17 blk3 is out of question as BAL is in power and China will not open FC1 line as Pakistan will lose market
we have from china the j10 c only option and other FBC1 for bomber

we can order the su30 series specalized in BD model also the Mig35 OVT
su 27 is old already mig35 is new plane
other we have like su 37 35 34 they are expensive for us

f16 and jas 39 gripen is out of question as string attached
We can get su30 specialized for us with mig 35 in the mix.
Mig 29 should be left out because it's not reasonable to invest in mig 29 program anymore to start up their production line especially for bd.
Su35 is derivative of su30 and can be bought if missile etc selection are standardized throughout the fleet.

Jf-17 is a bad choice for future proofing and adding tooth to our brittle air force no offense Pakistanis.
Also jc31 does have faults like the mig 29 with short range etc etc. unless those are improved to standards of a su 30 which I doubt will happen considering the class of the fighter... we should focus our options on getting a specialized jet for us which will cost less in the long run.

Most likely BAF is getting used Mig-29.

Maybe used or new Su-30. Or maybe new Mig-35 but after 2020.

I doubt J-10B or FC-1 will be obtained.

Anything else is unrealistic.
Trust me used is something the air force despise unlike the navy because ships don't have to fly... airplane do.

To be honest, I don't understand the hate for the trusted F-7. :P It's the best fighter in it's design era & price group.
At least ours are not flying coffins from the cold war.:lol:

Yes. It also keeps the path open
for an Al 31FN3 powered J 10 in BAF service.

Thanks for putting these informations in a nutshell for us in this thread. It's a great thing that BD can work with China in the field of defence & mutual interest.
:enjoy: :china:View attachment 368091
Best from the era either some serious flaws.
Claimed a lot of young lives that's the hate starter right there

It is unlikely BD govt gonna spend more than $1 billion for a single Air deal. Its more likely to be within $500 million. So keep the price range in mind!
Most likely only 8 fighters we probably gonna have this time.

It is unlikely BD govt gonna spend more than $1 billion for a single Air deal. Its more likely to be within $500 million. So keep the price range in mind!
You an get more than 8 with 500mil that's for certain.

Best from the era either some serious flaws.
Claimed a lot of young lives that's the hate starter right there
While I mourn the losses, I will still say it's still the best fighter considering our doctrine,budget & economic situation.
As a citizen you are entitled to opinion or even hate. But even the brave pilots who fly this machine do love the aircraft. And will fly it again & again to defend their motherland. So I would be very sensible with such strong words as my experience with the pilots taught me that.

Last edited:
we will be need to choose one mkk or sm or mk2
j11 and j15 is a local produce of su27 and su33 i dont know if russia will alow sale to 3rd party

Shenyang J-15 is developed from an un-finished Su-33 prototype from Ukarine ( for the main body design and other stuff ) and Chengdu J-10 ( for the avoinics,engines and internal equipments ).They don't need Russian pemission to export it since the Su-33 prototype was purchased from Ukarine,not Russia.

With $500 million purchasing-budget,even if a bird costs $30 million a pop,we can still get a squadron of it with $20 million left for missiles and training.

Kira.

While I mourn the losses, I will still say it's still the best fighter considering our doctrine,budget & economic situation.
As a citizen you are entitled to opinion or even hate. But even the brave pilots who fly this machine do love the aircraft. And will fly it again & again to defend their motherland. So I would be very sensible with such strong words as my experience with the pilots taught me that.
While considering you should respect the machine you operate...

I think our economic situation has improved enough to get some good latest fighter jets that will be able to provide us with the deterrence we seek.
F-7 is just too old... I am not talking about the cockpit characteristics... its performance, is just too obsolete for this day and age. Just about any fighter can squat it down... there's no real deterrence really.
But it's a good platform to continue our ground attack operations.

Shenyang J-15 is developed from an un-finished Su-33 prototype from Ukarine ( for the main body design and other stuff ) and Chengdu J-10 ( for the avoinics,engines and internal equipments ).They don't need Russian pemission to export it since the Su-33 prototype was purchased from Ukarine,not Russia.

With $500 million purchasing-budget,even if a bird costs $30 million a pop,we can still get a squadron of it with $20 million left for missiles and training.
J-15 is structurally flawed. There is a reason sukhoi Russia has abandoned it and ukraine hasn't employed or mass produced even one for themselves.

Airplanes don't have to sail...ships do.
God dammit you got me there.
Airplanes end up in sea... ships don't end up in sky ;)

While considering you should respect the machine you operate...

I think our economic situation has improved enough to get some good latest fighter jets that will be able to provide us with the deterrence we seek.
F-7 is just too old... I am not talking about the cockpit characteristics... its performance, is just too obsolete for this day and age. Just about any fighter can squat it down... there's no real deterrence really.
But it's a good platform to continue our ground attack operations.

In that case,its most economical to get JF-17/FC-01 which has a similar performance to the Lockheed Martin F-16 since our pilots are trained for the J-7 platform.
The current J-7s are actually great birds for intercepting and operational conversion training as well ground attack roles.

J-15 is structurally flawed. There is a reason sukhoi Russia has abandoned it and ukraine hasn't employed or mass produced even one for themselves.

J-15 is used by CHINA AND CHINA ONLY! How can Russia and Ukarine mass produce it? The Su-33 is a different bird.The Chinese corrected the design flaws ( using components from J-10 ) and made the bird perfect.Its an all round perfect birdie,but needs a lil more powwaaahhh on its engines.

God dammit you got me there.
Airplanes end up in sea... ships don't end up in sky
Ships end up in their OWN territory,not others one like airplanes.

Kira.

I think in terms of the capabilities BAF is seeking:

#1) Air defence of Bangladesh air space.

The first requires a light single engine fighter with BVR capability. Range is not an issue as Bangaldesh is small. FC-1 would be a good fit. Right now we have F-7 of various models. And the 8 Mig-29.

#2) Protection of Exclusive economic zone and support of BN.

This would likely require a twin engined long ranged aircraft as the EEZ extends out 200km. Perhaps this is the reason BAF is looking at the SU-30.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom